Preowned sales

Closed Thread
Old 11-23-2016, 09:09 AM
Veteran member
Default Preowned sales

///

Last edited by virgind; 12-25-2016 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:46 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgind View Post
Looks as though the preowned home sales have come to a screeching halt. With The Villages dropping their prices pre owns have slowed way down. I have a designer in Virginia Trace with a pool and happens to be the lowest price comparable south of 466 its not selling. Actually below market value. Only 1/4 mile from Sumter Landing. Dont understand.
age old story......supply and demand.....

as well as....why buy resale when new builds are so much cheaper.....as well as brand new...

best of luck with your home sale......someone will come along.....
Old 11-23-2016, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Having bought a new home from Properties of The Villages, I never will again. Their homes are nice, but dealing with them is a nightmare. They have rules that no other real estate company in the country has.

If you apply for a loan and don't get it, you lose your deposit.

If you don't get your loan by the closing date that they set, you are fined $250 per day for each day that you are late.

Unless I was paying cash, it will be a resale for me if I ever buy another home here.

In addition, many of the resales have the bond paid off. This is not small matter sometimes adding $25,000 and up to the cost of your home.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:52 AM
Platinum member

I noticed that resales on our street have abruptly stopped after a real surge this past summer. Hopefully things will pick up when "the birds" get here in January-April. Lots of "birds" are more familiar with the advantage of being between 466 and 466A and that should help you.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:15 PM
Veteran member
Default New homes etc.

[QUOTE=Dr Winston O Boogie jr;1324883]Having bought a new home from Properties of The Villages, I never will again. Their homes are nice, but dealing with them is a nightmare. They have rules that no other real estate company in the country has.

If you don't get your loan by the closing date that they set, you are fined $250 per day for each day that you are late.

Unless I was paying cash, it will be a resale for me if I ever buy another home here.

In addition, many of the resales have the bond paid off. This is not small matter sometimes adding $25,000 and up to the cost

bbbbbb

Yep you are so right. Well said and true. A lot of folks seem to see it your way. There are plenty of Regular Realtors, also sales by owner and you do have other options. Be happy and good luck, do what is best for your family and move on.
bbbbbb
Old 11-23-2016, 02:08 PM
Sage

Don't know how it is with The Villages with sales but this time of year in other parts of the country, the sales slow way down because of the holidays etc. Things pick up after the holidays, especially once football is done. Best wishes with the sale of your home...hang in there, every home (my opinion) has a buyer, especially if the price isn't outlandish and if it shows well. New isn't always better, just as one person stated. If a home is well kept etc. had isn't outdated, it will sell!
Old 11-23-2016, 02:08 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs down The "Friendliest Hometown?" . . . I Don't Think So!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Having bought a new home from Properties of The Villages, I never will again. Their homes are nice, but dealing with them is a nightmare. They have rules that no other real estate company in the country has.

In addition, many of the resales have the bond paid off. This is not small matter sometimes adding $25,000 and up to the cost of your home.
Yeah -- just one more Villages "gotcha" Dr. Boogie. You are correct on all the counts you mention.

Just a couple of the very "unfriendly," not talked about things here in TV.
Sales agents push new vs. resales because that's what they are told to do.

Since Realtors (outside agents) are not permitted to sell new here, existing owners who want to sell will usually get better results overall from an outside Realtor/broker.

Last edited by Mrs. Robinson; 11-23-2016 at 02:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-23-2016, 02:41 PM

Was down this past weekend noticed that there seemed to be a lot of designer homes available - so the market is just saturated with them right now - as was mentioned above, the new homes prices are really. Some like the idea of a new home but they don't realize the fringe locations of many of these new build outs. I'm keeping eyes out on cement courtyards and there's not a ton available in the center section and those that are seem a bit on the slightly high side in regards to price.

Hang in there - I've heard stories of folks moving from their homes in established areas into the newer homes only to move back months later....heading into the peak, after the holidays, things should start picking back up again...
Old 11-23-2016, 02:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgind View Post
I have a designer in Virginia Trace with a pool and happens to be the lowest price comparable south of 466 its not selling. Actually below market value. Only 1/4 mile from Sumter Landing. Dont understand.
I'm sure your home will sell soon as Virginia Trace is a great location.
I think you decided on a previous thread that it's the lack of a golf-cart garage that is holding you back.
But I'm sure you will find someone without a golf cart that finds your garage large enough.
Good luck on selling your home.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:24 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

In talking with my Village Sales representative in the spring, she told me that November was a good month for sales. I remember exactly because I questioned November being a good month.

The Villages is no longer selling new homes at the same pace of a couple years ago. That is pretty easy to observe with the discounts they are giving. The homes in Lake County (Pine Ridge and Pine Hills)are not selling as fast as they once thought they would. As you probably know, taxes are higher in Lake County than in Sumter. Most buyers today are pretty "savvy" when purchasing a home. I believe all golf course lots are sold and there will not be anymore north of State Rt. 44. The Villages south of LaBelle are considerably more distance to Brownwood too.

In short, this all adds up to slower sales than in past years---especially the month of November. In some way, it slows resales too if fewer potential buyers are coming to TV. This Year there was a contentious election and some might be putting off moving and purchasing a retirement home until later.

That said, with interest rates heading up, the election over, and stocks headed higher, I wouldn't be surprised that increased sales of new and resale homes in TV will follow. Prices, however, may be a bit lower until demand catches up with supply.

BTY, I am not a Realtor nor currently a real estate investor although I have been an investor in the past. Like most of you I am happy to be a retiree.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:33 PM
Veteran member

Hmmm, we had three courtyard villas in our neighborhood all sell within two weeks of listing in the past four weeks. All for what I thought were very high prices. Might just be a glut of designers at the moment.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,924 Times in 2,450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
age old story......supply and demand.....

as well as....why buy resale when new builds are so much cheaper.....as well as brand new...

best of luck with your home sale......someone will come along.....
That's what new sales want prospective buyer's to think. It's not cheaper when you add in bond and furniture, and all the hidden costs. Just the interest off the bond make it more expensive over preowned with bond paid. Plus you can really score with Fully furnished. Even if they are the same price you still have full bond commitment.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,924 Times in 2,450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
In talking with my Village Sales representative in the spring, she told me that November was a good month for sales. I remember exactly because I questioned November being a good month.

The Villages is no longer selling new homes at the same pace of a couple years ago. That is pretty easy to observe with the discounts they are giving. The homes in Lake County (Pine Ridge and Pine Hills)are not selling as fast as they once thought they would. As you probably know, taxes are higher in Lake County than in Sumter. Most buyers today are pretty "savvy" when purchasing a home. I believe all golf course lots are sold and there will not be anymore north of State Rt. 44. The Villages south of LaBelle are considerably more distance to Brownwood too.

In short, this all adds up to slower sales than in past years---especially the month of November. In some way, it slows resales too if fewer potential buyers are coming to TV. This Year there was a contentious election and some might be putting off moving and purchasing a retirement home until later.

That said, with interest rates heading up, the election over, and stocks headed higher, I wouldn't be surprised that increased sales of new and resale homes in TV will follow. Prices, however, may be a bit lower until demand catches up with supply.

BTY, I am not a Realtor nor currently a real estate investor although I have been an investor in the past. Like most of you I am happy to be a retiree.
if you think the taxes are high in Lake Co. Marion Co. way higher, Plus two new builds in district 4. one by veterans clinic will probably eventually sale. I bet the one further down CR42 by railroad tracks will be slow due to the noise all hours of the night? It's pretty loud where I'm at off Lopez Golf course.

Amazes me that area got room for Assisted living complex, 17 Premium houses/lots with room for horses, but no room for Recreation center? Go figure. I sure prospected buyers will soon learn the shortage of facilities in District 3 and 4 very quickly.

Guess the kids don't have the same experience as MR. Gary Morse did, somebody said he would never build in Marion county again.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:21 AM
Veteran member
Default Homes etc

[QUOTE=Mrs. Robinson;1324968]Yeah -- just one more Villages "gotcha" Dr. Boogie. You are correct on all the counts you mention.

Just a couple of the very "unfriendly," not talked about things here in TV.
Sales agents push new vs. resales because that's what they are told to do.

Since Realtors (outside agents) are not permitted to sell new here, existing owners who want to sell will usually get better results overall from an outside Realtor/broker.

bbbbbb Good comments here.
When buying here, think of this:
Write everything down, everything and be sure it is all defined, refunds, cancellations etc. even see a Lawyer for the contract. A few bucks well spent.
Be cautious and be very careful, the name of the game here is to make money, and they do it well.
Do not count on anything being done as it was done in Lodi, that is out of the question. Here, the rules may not be rules, so be careful and do not accept a single word of anything if it is VERBAL, forget it, really. Home prices are not negotiable with the Village Sales, that should tell you something. On a resale, you can negotiate. One other item, get a good technician, have him spend 3 or 4 hours looking at everything in the home,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, EVERYTHING. And again, no verbal agreements and when you put down the money, it is spent,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, gone. Does every window, screen, door, cabinet, garage doors, sprinklers etc. etc. work right? Does home have a brass quality shutoff valve for water or one of those plastic toys called a valve?
Check it all out and do it well, do it over, sleep on it, no reason to hurry, there are plenty of places to buy, plenty!!!!

bbbbbb

bbbbbb

Last edited by bbbbbb; 11-24-2016 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:52 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscocco View Post
Was down this past weekend noticed that there seemed to be a lot of designer homes available - so the market is just saturated with them right now - as was mentioned above, the new homes prices are really. Some like the idea of a new home but they don't realize the fringe locations of many of these new build outs. I'm keeping eyes out on cement courtyards and there's not a ton available in the center section and those that are seem a bit on the slightly high side in regards to price.

Hang in there - I've heard stories of folks moving from their homes in established areas into the newer homes only to move back months later....heading into the peak, after the holidays, things should start picking back up again...

There are designers......and then, there are designers........

As you look for a courtyard villa, you also might want to think about looking at some of the smaller designers on inside lots.

For instance, a classic, smaller Gardenia can give you a nice open 1887 sq. ft. (or slightly more) with a full 2-car garage and lots of natural light.

The front portico area of the Gardenia can be paved. Pavers in the small backyard, too, will cut down on grass to mow. Hiring mowing done for smaller inside lots is relatively inexpensive.

Even though those designers on inside lots look really close together, you might find that the way the houses are sited sometimes allows for more privacy than you might have thought possible. -- And......if you can find a designer that backs up to a courtyard villa neighborhood, you can get backyard privacy from the villa wall.

May I suggest that as you look at courtyard neighborhoods, you might want to expand your search and see what is for sale behind them. When a designer backs up to a villa wall, you don't have to have a kissing lanai or a street in your backyard -- both of which usually can be helped with landscaping though. -- btw, landscaping is just one of the reasons to go with pre-owned.

I wish you the best of luck as you search for the home you will know is yours. (Just for the record, I think pre-owned homes are often the best choice for many reasons.)

Last edited by Boomer; 11-25-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
preowned, sales, selling, comparable, lowest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.