Preowned sales

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2017, 10:37 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

I was told by an agent that the Villages still sells more pre-owned homes than all the real estate companies combined. Go figure. We are attempting to sell our by owner and we are getting boo-coup people through right now. We have decided that without a realtor we can reduce the price by $5000 dollars. This will benefit both parties. If anyone is interested in a beautiful Iris model with many extres PM me.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 01-17-2017, 12:44 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

MLS? VLS? FSBO?

The market here is different.

No matter what route a seller or buyer takes, the market for TV is a relative constant in some ways......The inventory might ebb and flow, a little, but there always will be another house for sale.

And where else in the country can it be said that a house just might sell from an ad in a newspaper.

Last edited by Boomer; 01-17-2017 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:55 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Fsbo

if you go FSBO you can get it listed on Listsmart and it will be on the MLS.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 01-17-2017, 01:42 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
if you go FSBO you can get it listed on Listsmart and it will be on the MLS.

The FSBO market definitely has changed with all those websites out there that can include them. I have FSBO'd a few times. It has been a while though. (And not here in TV) Our past two northern sells were with a realtor.

No matter who markets the house, FSBO or VLS or MLS, pictures are crucial. I have seen some real doozies from all 3 of those. I keep wanting to reach into some of those photos to straighten up bad bedmaking and turn on lights and put things like toothbrushes and shampoo in drawers......And I cannot comprehend why people take pictures of toilets -- even if the lid is closed. (As far as I know, all TV houses have toilets.)

All sellers, no matter how they are selling, should look at their home's pictures with a new and critical eye. Might be an OUCH but could be well worth doing.

Last edited by Boomer; 01-17-2017 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
The FSBO market definitely has changed with all those websites out there that can include them. I have FSBO'd a few times. It has been a while though. (And not here in TV) Our past two northern sells were with a realtor.

No matter who markets the house, FSBO or VLS or MLS, pictures are crucial. I have seen some real doozies from all 3 of those. I keep wanting to reach into some of those photos to straighten up bad bedmaking and turn on lights and put things like toothbrushes and shampoo in drawers......And I cannot comprehend why people take pictures of toilets -- even if the lid is closed. (As far as I know, all TV houses have toilets.)

All sellers, no matter how they are selling, should look at their home's pictures with a new and critical eye. Might be an OUCH but could be well worth doing.
I feel the same way......
Old 01-29-2017, 08:24 AM
Soaring Parsley
Question

Any thoughts on the current pre-owned market for houses between 466 and 466A?

It looks to me like the inventory might be a little low, but I don't really know for sure. I could be wrong. If it is a lower inventory, it is probably not by a whole lot. I do not keep stats. I have been just watching this market (in general) for a very long time and have developed a bit of a feel for it--whatever that is worth.

I know Open Houses can be busy this time of year, but I don't think that means much of anything other than it is the time of year when there are a lot of people here--some of whom will buy--eventually.

Last edited by Boomer; 01-29-2017 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Any thoughts on the current pre-owned market for houses between 466 and 466A?

It looks to me like the inventory might be a little low, but I don't really know for sure. I could be wrong. If it is a lower inventory, it is probably not by a whole lot. I do not keep stats. I have been just watching this market (in general) for a very long time and have developed a bit of a feel for it--whatever that is worth.

I know Open Houses can be busy this time of year, but I don't think that means much of anything other than it is the time of year when there are a lot of people here--some of whom will buy--eventually.
Each week TV puts the sales stats in one of their ads in the Daily sun. They list the total number of homes sold in the last 12 months. 5 years ago the total sold was over 6,000 with 2059 being preowned. This past week the total was just barely over 4000 with pre owned being close to the 2050 mark. I don't remember the exact amount. I have kept a record of it because ...well, just because. LOL. What does this all mean stastically? Beats me. Actually it means new home sales are down from 2012 and preowned numbers remain constant;however, it does show preowned are down somewhat because the total number of homes has increased. Without doing the official math and proportions I would assume that preowned sold numbers have gone down less than New but both markets are certainly healthy.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:54 PM
Platinum member

We put our villa on Zillow and it sold in 8 days. Sorry but the Daily Sun buries the FSBO ads. Not worth their high price IMO. It's not easy to sell, especially market it, on your own. Price it fairly unless you want to hold out for a long time. We were blessed.
Closed Thread

Tags
preowned, sales, selling, comparable, lowest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.