Proposed water pumping from local springs

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2016, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts
Default Proposed water pumping from local springs

According to the online news source, there may be an impact on Belton's Millpond from a proposed 500,000 gallon per day water pumping project. Please see the online site for all the details, however, here are details for contacting the Southwest Florida Water Management District:

You need to contact the Southwest Florida Water Management District @ 1 800 836 0797 ext ***2 ask for either Mr Ralph Kerr or Danielle Sailler ext 4355.
The project name is the Fern Spring Project.
By email: info@watermatters.org

With all of the talk about water conversation, allowing a company to pump large amounts of water (with apparently little or NO fees) to SELL this as "spring water", appears to NOT be a good choice. Not sure what can be done, but phone calls and emails may be enough pressure to make sure this is actually in everyone's best interest.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:36 PM
Location: Village of Buttonwood, original town Hubbard, OH (suburb of Youngstown)

I have sent my emails and got prompt replys from Danielle Sailler and Ralph Kerr so far. If we flood them with emails possibly this project will get nixed.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:18 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Search villagers opposed water bottling plan organizing efforts block permit on www[dot]villages-dash]news[dot] com for the article.

Old 05-21-2016, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,358 Times in 2,393 Posts

More info here.
Selling our water supply
Old 05-21-2016, 12:25 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Beside the environmental affect due to the reduction of spring and stream flows, water is a public resource that should not be privatized.

On a personal a basis I am offended when the same community leaders that ask, almost demand, that I conserve water feel free to allow Nestle, et al to commercialize our water resource. By demand I mean penalize customers with a three tier rating schedule.

There should be a ban countrywide on this type of commercialization of water except perhaps for use in conjunction with water coolers
Old 05-21-2016, 02:49 PM
Veteran member
Default Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Beside the environmental affect due to the reduction of spring and stream flows, water is a public resource that should not be privatized.

On a personal a basis I am offended when the same community leaders that ask, almost demand, that I conserve water feel free to allow Nestle, et al to commercialize our water resource. By demand I mean penalize customers with a three tier rating schedule.

There should be a ban countrywide on this type of commercialization of water except perhaps for use in conjunction with water coolers
How true. Our water use inside the house and outside the house is expensive and with restrictions we often have to go beyond the few minutes twice a week allowed outdoors to keep our lawns and plants in shape and also reported if our lawns are not kept up to good standard. It's most difficult with new landscaping and plants because of the lack of any topsoil in new areas. If water is so plentiful it can be sold at that quantity per day, we should have few if any restrictions, cheap water and incentives to keep up our properties because of abundance....
Old 05-24-2016, 01:10 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
according to the online news source, there may be an impact on belton's millpond from a proposed 500,000 gallon per day water pumping project. Please see the online site for all the details, however, here are details for contacting the southwest florida water management district:

You need to contact the southwest florida water management district @ 1 800 836 0797 ext ***2 ask for either mr ralph kerr or danielle sailler ext 4355.
The project name is the fern spring project.
By email: info@watermatters.org

with all of the talk about water conversation, allowing a company to pump large amounts of water (with apparently little or no fees) to sell this as "spring water", appears to not be a good choice. Not sure what can be done, but phone calls and emails may be enough pressure to make sure this is actually in everyone's best interest.
any authorities who vote to allow the remove of our spring water should be kicked out of office. This is an outrage to even consider approving such a permit !!
Old 05-28-2016, 09:04 AM
Location: Dunedin, the Villages & Mount Sinai, Long Island NY

There is nothing new in corporate greed.

Nestle Continues Stealing World's Water During Drought
Old 05-30-2016, 12:46 AM
Gold member

Nestle has a history of profit over public welfare.

When I was a young Mom, I was appalled that Nestle, which owns several baby formula companies, was marketing formula in 3rd world countries which have severe water shortages.

The new Moms would start their babies on formula after being told it was "better than breastmilk", which is known to be false information. Then when Mom's milk dried up, they had to use polluted water to mix the powdered formula for their babies. The results were disastrous.

Nestle came under severe criticism and scrutiny, but it looks like their core values have not changed. Maybe just a different target audience.

Outrageous!!
Old 06-16-2016, 03:20 PM
Default If for no other reason, changing groundwater levels cause sinkholes!

This pumping should NOT be allowed. We don't need what's happening in Texas, to happen here. They have found that, "the sinkholes are unstable as a result of changing groundwater levels and minerals being dissolved."

Texas: Giant unstable sinkholes are growing, could be on verge of catastrophic collapse

Old 06-17-2016, 07:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimandMe View Post
How true. Our water use inside the house and outside the house is expensive and with restrictions we often have to go beyond the few minutes twice a week allowed outdoors to keep our lawns and plants in shape and also reported if our lawns are not kept up to good standard. It's most difficult with new landscaping and plants because of the lack of any topsoil in new areas. If water is so plentiful it can be sold at that quantity per day, we should have few if any restrictions, cheap water and incentives to keep up our properties because of abundance....
Our water is cheap! About $2 per 1000 gallons!
Old 06-18-2016, 07:40 AM
Gold member

Where will the water come from to replace the water leaving Florida? At least the water we use stays in Florida.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
Where will the water come from to replace the water leaving Florida? At least the water we use stays in Florida.
Who says it's leaving Florida? and even if it does leave Florida, why would you not be willing to share "your" water with other Americans? Are we not the "United States"? And you do realize the aquifer this water is coming from covers more than just the state of Florida, right?
Closed Thread

Tags
water, project, southwest, florida, details, management, ext, spring, proposed, district, online, pumping, pump, company, amounts, apparently, large, conversation, interest, info@watermatters.org, talk, everyones, allowing, fees, calls

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.