Purse Taken at Cane Gardens

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2016, 05:27 PM
Default Purse Taken at Cane Gardens

I was at Cane Gardens Saturday night and left my purse hanging on the back of my chair. We all dined outside for a party of seven. I came back at 9:05 p.m. and the gentleman who helped me look insisted on my purse not being turned in. When I went to the table and moved one of the chairs he told me to NOT move the chairs for the table was ready for business the next day!! When I tried to leave my number I was told to call the manager in the morning. The next day my brother ran to Cane Gardens and started looking through garbage cans and my sister in law went into the Pro shop where they told her my purse was found behind a lawn chair at the pool!!! Yes, my coin purse with all my money was gone. Please ladies leave your purse at home, just take your driver's license and a few bucks that you will need. My guess is someone took it walked by the pool grabbed the cash and threw it over the fence!!!! I am sorry I did not call the police..............
Old 02-07-2016, 07:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by katski View Post
I was at Cane Gardens Saturday night and left my purse hanging on the back of my chair. We all dined outside for a party of seven. I came back at 9:05 p.m. and the gentleman who helped me look insisted on my purse not being turned in. When I went to the table and moved one of the chairs he told me to NOT move the chairs for the table was ready for business the next day!! When I tried to leave my number I was told to call the manager in the morning. The next day my brother ran to Cane Gardens and started looking through garbage cans and my sister in law went into the Pro shop where they told her my purse was found behind a lawn chair at the pool!!! Yes, my coin purse with all my money was gone. Please ladies leave your purse at home, just take your driver's license and a few bucks that you will need. My guess is someone took it walked by the pool grabbed the cash and threw it over the fence!!!! I am sorry I did not call the police..............
Sorry this happened to you; never leave your purse alone, always call the Police when something like this happens. It couldn't have been a Villager that did it, we always return everything that is found
Old 02-07-2016, 10:47 PM
Eternal Member

Did you forget to take your purse when you left the restaurant and then return at 9 when you noticed you did not have your purse?

My wife usually carries a small purse with a long strap that she keeps on (sort of like a bandolier). Works quite well, too.

Sorry for the loss. Hope you did not have your driver license or house/car keys taken. If so, I would have new locks put on the house just to be extra safe.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:13 PM
Veteran member

Any video cameras in the area?
Old 02-08-2016, 06:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Sorry this happened to you; never leave your purse alone, always call the Police when something like this happens. It couldn't have been a Villager that did it, we always return everything that is found

Mr. Hogfan;

I am the one who keeps trying to tell you that lost articles are generally found and returned. AND they are. Far more often than where most of us lived before.

This is the high season. The place is filled with visitors and non invited guests like the "travelers" that were arrested a couple of days ago.

This unfortunate person lost her five iron and her purse this weekend. I KNOW what I would tell my kids. You all do too.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-08-2016 at 06:14 AM.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:30 AM
Sage

When we go into any club/restaurant the only thing I have is ONE credit card/ my Village ID and my wife has her Village ID--And finally a car FOB-

Nothing else--all of the above fit easily in a shirt or pants pocket.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:08 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
It couldn't have been a villager because if her purse were lost with $200 in it it would come back to her with $250.

Forgive me my sins but when it comes to crime no one should be ruled out. some people are too trusting to a fault

The purse could have been stolen by an employee, another customer who does not live in TV or a villager
Old 02-08-2016, 08:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I see it all the time at WalMart and other stores, lady leaves her purse in the shopping cart and leaves to look at something. Criminals love this.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:03 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Mr. Hogfan;

I am the one who keeps trying to tell you that lost articles are generally found and returned. AND they are. Far more often than where most of us lived before.

This is the high season. The place is filled with visitors and non invited guests like the "travelers" that were arrested a couple of days ago.

This unfortunate person lost her five iron and her purse this weekend. I KNOW what I would tell my kids. You all do too.
I love it here too and we have a lot of honest people, however I definitely wouldn't blame visitors or non-invited people. We do have some thieves living amongst us.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:12 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave harris View Post
I see it all the time at WalMart and other stores, lady leaves her purse in the shopping cart and leaves to look at something. Criminals love this.
DH......I C this 2. My bride does it sometimes. One time, I took her purse to teach her a lesson. Okay, not the smartest thing I've ever done........I learned a lesson as well.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I love it here too and we have a lot of honest people, however I definitely wouldn't blame visitors or non-invited people. We do have some thieves living amongst us.

I am not blaming JUST the visitors.....

I am not naive. I travelled alone in business for many years and learned to be aware of where I was and what I was doing and who was around me. I try not to take unnecessary risks and I try to keep a positive attitude. AND I would immediately call the police if I saw something not quite right.

But even in the most wonderful setting and place and surrounded by mostly very good people, we still need to keep an eye on our possessions.

For instance I ALWAYS make my husband hold my purse when I go to the ladies room. He is very good looking and a man holding a purse, kind of looks odd. . AND Sweetie is my most valued possession. And there are many good looking women here looking for someone nice.

If you have something valuable, keep your eye on it. That is my advice.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:35 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katski View Post
You broke the first rule that one never hangs their purse on the back of a chair.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:29 PM

They make very nice hooks that can be attached to tables so you can hang your purse in front of you. Otherwise my purse is in my lap a bit tricky yes but I try to take a small one if going out.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:32 PM
Sage

Sorry this happened to the OP but there is a little crime in TV.

It pays to always be aware, of one's surroundings.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-08-2016, 04:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

////
Closed Thread

Tags
purse, gardens, cane, told, table, pool, leave, day, chairs, call, back, chair, home, license, bucks, night, drivers, ladies, left, lawn, found, coin, money, threw, cash

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.