Renters - past or present

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2015, 09:54 PM
Default Renters - past or present

I have good friends that are interest in renting in TV next winter. When visiting last week, we drove around and wrote down some numbers from "For Rent" signs.

Just curious - if you know people that have rented here, did they use an agent, either with TV or other, or did they just deal directly with owners? Just trying to get some information to pass along.

Thanks for any information you can share.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:16 PM
Platinum member

Deal with the owners directly. Better home for a better price...
Old 04-15-2015, 02:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Things book quickly for the high season. Tell them not to wait.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:34 AM
deestatham

I'm renting for two weeks in May and used ****.com to find mine. I also posted here on TOTV and an owner called ME. She's been wonderful to work with and I'm looking forward to finally meeting her. Like everyone has said, rentals book up fast for the high season so don't wait.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:35 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

What Gracie and the Cunninghams said.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-15-2015, 07:07 AM

Hi Jazzy - we will be renting our home this coming winter. I sent you a PM.
��
Old 04-15-2015, 07:53 AM

To answer your question about whether we used an agent or dealt directly with the owners, we used an agent. Many of these allow you to view their listings on a web site with views of the inside and outside so you are not disappointed. There are several sources for finding an agent, and we used Bob Hyberger rentals. We rented for 4 years through them before finding a house we wanted to buy. One thing I liked about agents is there is someone you can contact if something goes wrong.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:35 PM

When I looked for a rental in October 2014 for March I finally found one thru Palm Rentals. Brian said he manages 65 properties in TV. He may be worth a try.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:51 PM

Thanks to all for your responses. So much helpful information to pass along.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

en you deal with the owners directly you will find that they are Proud of the home that they own. For most owners this is their home and want to find someone to love it like they do
Old 04-16-2015, 07:20 AM
deestatham

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy48 View Post
I have good friends that are interest in renting in TV next winter. When visiting last week, we drove around and wrote down some numbers from "For Rent" signs.

Just curious - if you know people that have rented here, did they use an agent, either with TV or other, or did they just deal directly with owners? Just trying to get some information to pass along.

Thanks for any information you can share.

I'm renting next month and then will be renting for a year beginning in September. I used ****.com. (Vacation Rentals By Owner)
Old 04-18-2015, 10:44 AM
Sage

This wannabee has always rented directly from homeowners using TOTV or The Villages 4 Rent, Rentals in The Villages. All of the homeowners I have rented from were great to deal with!
Old 04-23-2015, 09:07 PM
Veteran member

I am a homeowner who rents my home.
I will say the advice here is spot on. The villages for rent is a great website. We all manage our own homes, and want our renters to be happy. If a renter makes a suggestion for an improvement in my house, I try and make the improvement - I have gotten some wonderful suggestions. For instance- that we needed shelving in the garage for storage and a coat rack as you come in the door from the garage. My longer term winter renter wanted an electric skillet - I got all that stuff because it makes the home better for the renters - and I want them to come back and rent from me again.

What is amazing is how fast things fill up - we charge market prices and have a designer home - right now, April has a renter. We turned down a renter in May because we will be there. Nobody has called for the Summer at all, which is not surprising. We have Renters for October, November, Dec 15-March16, and we just rented April 2016. The reality is that from what I have seen, there are more renters than rentals. Don't wait..
Also, make sure they understand that putting down 50% up front is Standard...

Rent directly from the owner, you will not be sorry.

Ed
Snow Flake until I retire
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.