Repair of Dickens Skating Rink

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2014, 09:44 AM
Veteran member
Default Repair of Dickens Skating Rink

I have a Dicken's Skating Rink that we displayed for Christmas. It has 4 figures that skate on a pond and it seem to work by a small motor underneath and magnets on the bottom of the skaters. The motor now seems to not work or stops and starts. Any ideas of repair possibilities? I assume the small motor needs to be repaired. It is old.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:14 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'd guess that a clock repair person or a jeweler should be able to help. When I could no longer get my ballerina to dance in an old clock, I took it to a clock repair shop and they fixed it beautifully. Of course, it cost more for the repairs than the clock was worth but was worth the price to me.

Don't know his name or number, but maybe the gentleman who repairs grandfather clocks would be a good start?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-22-2014, 11:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I'd guess that a clock repair person or a jeweler should be able to help. When I could no longer get my ballerina to dance in an old clock, I took it to a clock repair shop and they fixed it beautifully. Of course, it cost more for the repairs than the clock was worth but was worth the price to me.

Don't know his name or number, but maybe the gentleman who repairs grandfather clocks would be a good start?
Thanks Redwitch!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.