A Request to the Morse Family

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2015, 10:52 AM

If The Villages added a cemetery, wonder which Morse family member they'd name it after.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:16 AM
Veteran member

If they won't build it, looks like I have to accept my wife's proposal of scattering ashes on the Potomac in Virginia by the George Washington Parkway. I'd prefer to be somewhere where our son and grandkids can visit once in a while. I still dream of a place like the American Cemetery in Normandy, France with a small chapel where visitor can contemplate. The place is serene and beautiful. I am still hoping.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxmt54 View Post
When we came down here for the first time in 2007, we took a trolley tour. As the lady was talking and giving us our tour, she asked if anyone had noticed there were no cemeteries in The Villages. We all answered that indeed we had not seen any so where were they. Her response at the time was....there is no need for cemeteries here because everyone chooses the 'pack and ship' program.. It took me a minute to figure out what she was talking about but once I did it made a lot of sense and I chuckle every time I think of it!
There are no cemeteries in TV, because everyone is already in heaven.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-30-2015, 01:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
There are no cemeteries in TV, because everyone is already in heaven.
Excellent
Old 03-31-2015, 04:23 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
NO you cannot access the cemetery I am speaking about from Cherry Lake Road. This cemetery is in the Village of Caroline, off Stillwater, where the postal station is located. If you park opposite the postal station head towards the wooded area. There is a gate off of Brunson Way. It is not easy to see but there.
That's a private cemetery. The Villages kept access opened, for the people who belong to the church. It's still a dirt road
Old 03-31-2015, 05:57 AM
Veteran member

There are a number of cemeteries in the area - Lady Lake, Fruitland Park, Leesburg, etc. Also Florida National for vets and their spouses.

Not sure what the issue is. Do you feel a need for one to be golf cart accessible?

Of course, we could turn one of the executive golf courses into one. If you required flush head stones, you could return it to golf course use and the residents could visit friends and loved ones while while teeing up.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:26 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorio View Post
Morse family always does a great job. Have read the story on the Sharon Morse Performing Arts Center in today's Daily Sun. Went to hear Shanana yesterday and Osmond Brothers tonight. Am sure acoustic will be much better at the new center. Better than Carnegie Hall? Anyway, I have a request for the Morse family. We just returned from a trip to Europe. Not in The Villages since Morse family wants us to live forever. However, possibly 10 to 25 miles outside of The Village proper, could you build a beautiful cemetery? For one, I know you can buy plots of land cheap. You are experienced. I am thinking of a beautiful golf course like setting with ponds, lakes and all. It would be like a park like setting. You are experienced in all those areas too. I have seen beautiful cemeteries in Europe. Perhaps like an American cemetery in Normandie with a small chapel like there? When I visited there, it was like treading on a sacred ground. It was so serene. We come from all over the U.S. and overseas to The Villages. Many are too far to be buried in a family plot. Could you think about it? Thanks.
yes, we could use another Jewish cemetery here....

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.