Tee Times

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Veteran member
Default Tee Times

We do not golf very often but my husband tried to get a tee time last week for our guest and 2 neighbors and was denied.
Another neighbor just told us he is trying to get a tee time next week for himself and his guest and is also unable to get a single tee time.

Both requests were for any time and any course.

Some one mentioned that if you have a guest your request is moved to the bottom of the list.
Is this a rumor, or policy?
Old 01-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Sage

Hi Whalen,

If I understand the point system correctly (very questionable), it matter whether a tee time request includes guests.

Here's a link to the brochure explaining the point system:

http://www.golfthevillages.com/golf-...heVillages.pdf

Hope it helps.

Last edited by Pturner; 01-24-2010 at 05:55 PM. Reason: link didn't work. I think it works now.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalen View Post
We do not golf very often but my husband tried to get a tee time last week for our guest and 2 neighbors and was denied.
Another neighbor just told us he is trying to get a tee time next week for himself and his guest and is also unable to get a single tee time.

Both requests were for any time and any course.

Some one mentioned that if you have a guest your request is moved to the bottom of the list.
Is this a rumor, or policy?
This is the write up on the HOW they assign tee times.

http://www.golfthevillages.com/golf-...heVillages.pdf

I am assuming you are talking executive courses, as you can ALWAYS get a tee time at Palmer even without a request .

When you read the document you can see that guest does lower your chances a bit for sure, but no times is surprising......
Old 01-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Veteran member

My husband and our neighbor understand the points system relatively well.
No times at all does seem unusual.
Could it be that the system is a bit over crowded at this time and guests are lowering the average even more?
Just curious.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:06 PM

Maybe your neibours had a few more points against them than your husband.
Also, asking for a tee time for 4 might be a little harder than asking for a tee time for just two
Old 01-24-2010, 08:37 PM

My ladies' foursome has been denied two out of the last three Mondays. We ask for a large time frame and any executive course. I've personally been denied a single time for three days in a row!
Old 01-24-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalen View Post
My husband and our neighbor understand the points system relatively well.
No times at all does seem unusual.
Could it be that the system is a bit over crowded at this time and guests are lowering the average even more?
Just curious.
Its snowbird time with tee times at a premium. If you add a guest in your group it puts you all the way down to the bottom plain and simple.

At this time of year dont put in a guest until you get a tee time for your residents group first, and as soon as a time is given quickly add the guest if a spot is available. If its not then they wont be playing with you.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Default Late Afternoon

Last night I woke up about 2:00AM and realized I had forgotten to request a tee time for Wed. So I looked at open tee times. Every course was available for foursomes at 4:02 and beyond. Still time as it gets dark about 6:00.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Eternal Member

This phenomena will go on until May when the seasonal visitors and the renters return to their other homes. There are only so many tee times and so many courses. Supply and demand meet their limits.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Bosoxfan

I just went in and checked open tee times at executive courses for tomorrow monday the 25th.I put in myself and 3 guests and this is what it came up with:

Available Tee Times for Monday, 1/25/2010 , by Play Time.

Select Course/Hole Time Number Available Course Format
Select
Heron,
hole 1 07:29 4
Straight-9 holes
Select
Walnut Grove,
hole 1 07:47 4
Straight-9 holes
Select
Silver Lake,
hole 1 04:47 4
Straight-9 holes
Select
Mira Mesa,
Straight-9 holes
Select
El Diablo,
Straight-9 holes
Select
Silver Lake,
hole 1 04:56 4
Straight-9 holes
Select
Hill Top,
Straight-9 holes
Select
Chula Vista,
Straight-9 holes
Select
Mira Mesa,
Straight-9 holes
Select
De La Vista,
Straight-9 holes
Select
El Diablo,
Straight-9 holes
Select
Saddlebrook,
Straight-9 holes
Select
Hawkes Bay,
Straight-9 holes
Select
Walnut Grove,
Straight-9 holes
Select
Amberwood,
Straight-9 holes
Select
Belmont,
Straight-9 holes
Select
Pelican,
Straight-9 holes

Check out open tee times this seems to be the way to go!!
Old 01-25-2010, 06:04 AM
Sage

I am talking about executive courses....

I was never aware of folks not getting tee times as this has never happened to me (third year). Thinking about it I suspect it is because when we play executives we do not have a guest and the most we play the executives is twice a week.

If I understand the system right, a request for an executive course tee time (no guests) goes in front of any request that has a guest (placement points) no matter how frequently you have played (reservation points). Since we only play once or twice a week we probably have less reservation points than the average request (with no guests), so we always get a time (so far )

I am curious, do folks that do not have guests in the group ever get denied a reasonable tee time for an executive course? Can you guess/remember how many reservation points you have when that happens?

By reasonable I mean, you have included enough courses and a wide enough time.....
Old 01-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Sage

I put a request in Sun for Thurs and was awarded Churchill at 1:11. Just about the top course I requested and pretty close to optimal time.

2 of us had 3 points; 1 had no points; the other had one or two points. All are residents.

Haven't been denied yet. So, I'm guessing the guest really cost you.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Default Lifestyle Preview Tee Times

Don't forget that when requesting tee times on courses that are south of Rt. 466, a number of prime tee times ( usually between 10 and 11) are allocated for lifestyle preview. During this time of year, if the creekside landing homes are full, they could be using a LOT of tee times. If you check first thing in the morning, you will find that most available tee times for the last scheduled day are north of Rt. 466, where the developer is limited to the number of tee times that the Lifestyle program can use.

It does concern me that even with the opening of the new courses, tee times are very tight AND the vast majority of the homes around the new courses haven't been built as yet. There is probably about 2 1/2 villages to be built there. I believe that as we reach final build out in a couple of years, tee times are going to be even tighter than they are now.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Veteran member
Red face

I do requests for 28 golfers every Thursday. I have not been denied in the past. Last week I put in 1 guest and our time was denied. I called the tee time office to find out the reason. I was told the system first assignes times to residents with the least points. Then other residents with more points and so on. Then residents with guests. Since my request included a guest and I needed a large block of tee times, by the time they got to me all the times were gone. I asked how to avoid being denied and was told;

1. Don't include guests this time of year.
2. Put as large a window of time as possible.
3. Request as many courses as you can.
4. Consider spliting the group in half.

I did all of these things this week and was successful. We are playing on 2 courses 16 at one course and 12 at another. We meet for lunch after at one of the clubs.

I also went on line Monday to see if I could get a foursome out on Tuesday. There were a total of 24 tee times available. This was at all the executives. All the times were before 7:45 or after 4. Snowbirds do make a difference but planning can make things work.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Default It's a little disappointing

to learn that you cannot get a tee time if you have a guest.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.