Screen doors on garage

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2014, 11:50 AM
Send a message via AIM to rjcataniajr

Just a friendly FYI,
garage doors and overhead screen doors DO operated manually, without the need of electricity ;}
Old 04-14-2014, 02:21 PM

We put the sliding doors in. Last night I put them in the garbage. My wife 4 times, just gets in the car or golf car and backs out into them and knocks them out of the track and runs over them. I could not repair them any more. Course my wife has backed the car out of the garage and run into the plants around the light in the front yard and knocked the mirror off the car twice on the garage door. It is a wonder she has not knocked the garage door out.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NECHFalcon68 View Post
Thumper installed ours. A good investment...
Thumper installed ours too. Love it. You can see everything that is going on outside and no one can see you inside. We have never had a slider so I cannot comment, but I am sure both styles are excellent - it's really what you get used to!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 04-14-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post
We put the sliding doors in. Last night I put them in the garbage. My wife 4 times, just gets in the car or golf car and backs out into them and knocks them out of the track and runs over them. I could not repair them any more. Course my wife has backed the car out of the garage and run into the plants around the light in the front yard and knocked the mirror off the car twice on the garage door. It is a wonder she has not knocked the garage door out.
Just for
my own safety... What kind and color car does she drive?

Last edited by Rickg; 04-14-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post
Maybe an Army surplus tank or a Cat D-9 would better suit her driving habits!
Old 04-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
We don't have any screens on our garage, but our neighbor has a unique one called Thumper that he loves. Rather than my describing it, just check it out on their website: Thumper's Retractable Screen Doors
Thank you for the link. It looks great.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:49 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

blyarbrough

Garage Door Screens

Just wanted to tell everyone how great the guy's from Cool Breeze did installing my garage door screen. They were very professional and timely. The price was very good too. I highly recommend the guy's....call them at 1-888-896-8935 and give them a shot......also e-mail DGLASS9@VERIZON.NET
Old 04-18-2014, 04:30 PM
Platinum member

Quick question concerning Thumper's doors... when you leave, is it a one button push to raise the screen door and close the garage door or do you have to wait until the screen is up and then push another button to lower the solid door?
Old 04-18-2014, 10:36 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Cool Breeze Roll Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishJW View Post
Thank you for the link. It looks great.
Cool Breeze Roll Screens
Motorized, Manual and Slider Garage Screens
Rain and Sunshade Protection
Patio and Lanai Screens also available
“SPECIAL $1695.00”
888-896-8935
Cool Breeze Incorporated - Home
Old 04-19-2014, 12:57 AM

We just recently had a manual overhead screen installed...no motor to worry about. Has its own tracks installed below the "normal" track for the door. What makes it unique though is the fact that it has a retractable screen built into the middle of it. It has the convenience of a slider for going in and out, while it doesn't have the slider tracks that can be such a hassle if you run over them, nor the problem of being on the "wrong" side Provides a great breezeway with plenty of privacy. Bought it from a vendor at Markets of Marion. Price was about $1200. Absolutely love it!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:22 AM

we have the slide screen garage doors. they are great. we get a great breeze and no snakes or bugs. we choose sliders because when we leave through the garage we just have to slide on door over and slide it back. with overhead type you have to open the whole door to go out or in. pain if your working outside and want to go in and out. also sliders are alot cheaper. got them after neighbors keep getting snakes in garage.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:07 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
we have an overhead sreen from a company called "Skeeter Beeter".

They have a unique design in how the screen is attached allowing the screen to break away without damaging the components should some one back through it.

And yes it happens much more than most would admit. Putting the screen back in it's track is easy to do.

$2700 for standard two car garage opening.

There are many things I would go without before ever giving up the garage screen. It can not be beat for keeping the garage cooler on the beastly hot summer days. And it is a delight to "open" the house the rest of the year.

btk

PS I looked at both slider and overhead......chose overhead even though more expensive.....to me the overhead is much more functional and convenient.

Do you have the contact information for the Skeeter Beeter installers in this area. I tried to Google them without success
Old 05-21-2014, 11:46 AM

We have the overhead screen door by Thumper. A great investment. It will work manually if you lose power as well. Thumper was great to work with. The screen and garage door each have their own controls. We have been very pleased.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:52 PM
KittyKat
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannab View Post
We just recently had a manual overhead screen installed...no motor to worry about. Has its own tracks installed below the "normal" track for the door. What makes it unique though is the fact that it has a retractable screen built into the middle of it. It has the convenience of a slider for going in and out, while it doesn't have the slider tracks that can be such a hassle if you run over them, nor the problem of being on the "wrong" side Provides a great breezeway with plenty of privacy. Bought it from a vendor at Markets of Marion. Price was about $1200. Absolutely love it!
A neighbor on the next street over has this. It's the best of both worlds. They have a small design on either side of the retractable screen--male & female golfer forms.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:16 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Cool Breeze Roll Screens
Motorized, Manual and Slider Garage Screens
Rain and Sunshade Protection
Patio and Lanai Screens also available
“SPECIAL $1695.00”
888-896-8935
TOTV ad sponsor "cool breeze roll screens"
Visit us on facebook coolbreeze screens
Cool Breeze Incorporated - Home
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.