Selling our water supply

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2016, 07:35 AM

You need not assume Viilagers are doing nothing. I submitted my letter of protest to Mr. Ralph Kerr 3 weeks ago. I understood the problem from reading TOTV. I just did not announce the actions I took in response to the postings. I am grateful to the posters who provided contact information for the Water Management people, so I knew exactly to whom I should address my protest letter.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Maybe now you know how the locals feel about the ever expanding villages. Why do you think you are any more entitled to the water than other Americans?
Please, Florida been expanding for 100 plus years. Maybe it will be sold around the world and pulled off 10 acre site?
Old 04-27-2016, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
What is the difference if the water is consumed from the faucet or a bottle? It is still consumed. Eventually it will be recycled, treated and used on your lawn, most likely. Who says this water ever leaves Florida? Have you ever seen the cases of bottled water being hauled out of local Publix, Walmart, Sams, etc.?
Daa, they buy the water, they don't refine it and bottle it for consumption around the world
Old 04-28-2016, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
How is that different than the TV water dept selling water to us? Who do you think drinks this bottled water? We and our neighbors do.
If all the bottlers that wanted to take the free water were allowed, there would be no water for TV water dept to sell to us. That's the difference.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:44 PM
Gold member
Question

Quote:
How is that different than the TV water dept selling water to us? Who do you think drinks this bottled water? We and our neighbors do.
No you don't drink this water. You might one day but not presently. Who do I think will drink this water, ask water providers in Chicago, New York and cites across this nation. This water is not only for drinking but laundry, cooking, sanitary, washing dishes etc, Don't you understand that 90% of this water will be sold outside of Sumter County ???
Old 04-29-2016, 01:56 AM

Me, too
Here is the address again
Ralph O Kerr, PG
7601 US Hwy 301
N Tampa, FL 33637
RALPH.KERR@Watermatters.org

Permit # 20020576
Old 04-29-2016, 07:15 AM
Sage

Anyone been to Lake Weir? Ever notice the docks being about 10 feet above the water level? Did you know there is a water bottling plant on the north west corner of the lake that moved in just prior to water levels receding?
Old 04-29-2016, 07:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Does anyone really have evidence this bottled water will leave Florida? Seems like a lot of doomsayers to me. Florida is bringing in about 4000+ new people every week. Those new people will use about 1500 to 2000 gallons of water per month. That equates to about 6-8 million gallons per month. This bottled water company wants to pull out around 500,000 gallons per day, or 15,000,000 gallons per month. This equates to about 2 to 3 weeks of new residents moving to Florida! Your real issue should be the number of new residents and the endless development in Florida. But continue down your fruitless efforts to stop the bottling company.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:16 AM
Sage

Yeah, it would seem easier to stop people from moving here, than to stop a water bottling plant from obtaining water...especially since we are already living here!
Old 04-29-2016, 08:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbanker View Post
Yeah, it would seem easier to stop people from moving here, than to stop a water bottling plant from obtaining water...especially since we are already living here!
If you don't see the futility in this effort, even if you were to be successful in shutting this one company down, then go for it.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:36 PM

I do not believe this has made it past the two athourites that have the legalresponsibilty to pass this. I have not seen any updates,and do not know how to follow up. The Daily Sun ??????? YAA. We all should be involved
Old 05-01-2016, 12:03 PM
Default Selling Water Supply

There is clarification required.
No One is selling the Water.
The permit being requested from the state is to drill a well in Sumter County into the upper aquifer of the Florida Aquifier that provides water used by residents of a number of Counties and communities including The Villages Development.

The amount of water being requested to be taken from the upper aquifer is an average of 496,000 gallons daily with a peak average in excess of more than 800,000 gallons daily.

The water will be trucked, over 80 truck loads of 8,000 gallons per truck, per day, to a bottling company located in Lake County. Unsure which bottling company, and sold nationally through a distribution network.

No evidence Sumter County will be or is entitled to be compensated in any way for this water.

This permit has not yet been granted to the the Ocala Company requesting the permit.

The are a number of questions and disturbing issues requiring further clarification from all parties involved, The State of Florida, Sumter County, The Bottlers and The Well drillers before this permit should be issued.

Unfortunately because the request is below 500,000 gallons per day NO public hearing is required or will be held prior to the granting of the permit.

Once the permit is issued, if it is issued anyone who feels they have the potential to be negatively impacted by the issuance of the permit may object to the permit. A hearing may then be held.

For more information if interested there are active groups involved in attempting to resolve this pending issue
Old 05-02-2016, 09:42 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Does anyone really have evidence this bottled water will leave Florida? Seems like a lot of doomsayers to me. Florida is bringing in about 4000+ new people every week. Those new people will use about 1500 to 2000 gallons of water per month. That equates to about 6-8 million gallons per month. This bottled water company wants to pull out around 500,000 gallons per day, or 15,000,000 gallons per month. This equates to about 2 to 3 weeks of new residents moving to Florida! Your real issue should be the number of new residents and the endless development in Florida. But continue down your fruitless efforts to stop the bottling company.
Your post has nothing to do with the real issue. Of course the water will be sold to any wholesaler who will buy it. This company has no true consideration for we residents. Your numbers regarding Florida mean nothing to me. The water removal request will be from two Springs in Sumter county and will have an effect on Sumter residents, NOT the State of Florida !!!
Old 05-02-2016, 09:44 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflynn1 View Post
There is clarification required.
No One is selling the Water.
The permit being requested from the state is to drill a well in Sumter County into the upper aquifer of the Florida Aquifier that provides water used by residents of a number of Counties and communities including The Villages Development.

The amount of water being requested to be taken from the upper aquifer is an average of 496,000 gallons daily with a peak average in excess of more than 800,000 gallons daily.

The water will be trucked, over 80 truck loads of 8,000 gallons per truck, per day, to a bottling company located in Lake County. Unsure which bottling company, and sold nationally through a distribution network.

No evidence Sumter County will be or is entitled to be compensated in any way for this water.

This permit has not yet been granted to the the Ocala Company requesting the permit.

The are a number of questions and disturbing issues requiring further clarification from all parties involved, The State of Florida, Sumter County, The Bottlers and The Well drillers before this permit should be issued.

Unfortunately because the request is below 500,000 gallons per day NO public hearing is required or will be held prior to the granting of the permit.

Once the permit is issued, if it is issued anyone who feels they have the potential to be negatively impacted by the issuance of the permit may object to the permit. A hearing may then be held.

For more information if interested there are active groups involved in attempting to resolve this pending issue
Thank You !!!! your comments are exactly on the mark !!!!!
Old 05-02-2016, 09:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The entire State of Florida has water restrictions. NOT just The Villages.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Florid...5610D33739215C
Not exactly true. There are several water districts and each develope their own rules and restrictions. We are governed by the South West Water Management District.
Closed Thread

Tags
water, supply, bottle, villages, imposed, year, restrictions, plan, powers, approving, ample, ghost, town, night, sold, bottled, making, outrageous, low, company, petition, submitted, approval, private, concerned

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.