Rental management recommendations?

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2014, 08:48 AM
Default Rental management recommendations?

I have a new Designer home that I would like to rent -furnished- on a 6 month or annual basis. I don't want to handle the rental transaction myself since I travel frequently, so I'm looking for recommendations for rental management companies in the area. Most only seem to want seasonal furnished rentals or annual unfurnished properties. This house is on a lot with a pond and offers a lot of privacy, and it's located near Brownwood.

Thanks for any help!
Old 02-23-2014, 03:10 PM

Liana,
We just purchased a home last Oct .With the recommendation from my neighbor we use Down Home property Management LLC. Vicky Joy is our representative phone number 352-267-6334.
They provided a list over everything needed and did an inventory. The day they posted on the internet it was rented for Jan & Feb. They have been very helpful. Would highly recommend them.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:43 AM

I could not find a web site for them; do you know if they have one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Strassle View Post
Liana,
We just purchased a home last Oct .With the recommendation from my neighbor we use Down Home property Management LLC. Vicky Joy is our representative phone number 352-267-6334.
They provided a list over everything needed and did an inventory. The day they posted on the internet it was rented for Jan & Feb. They have been very helpful. Would highly recommend them.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:00 PM
Veteran member

I use Diane Musik 407-973-3899 for the last 2 years and she has handled everything on my courtyard villa. She has been wonderful and I have not had an unrented month. So easy. All I do is collect my check. I love how easy it is and how she handles everything for me. She is easy to deal with and professional. I haven't had to do anything except cash my check. Good luck. I am glad you have several names to choose from.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:47 PM

Liana,
The webs site she uses is ****.com. Just give Vicky a call.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:14 AM

Thanks, Holly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Strassle View Post
Liana,
The webs site she uses is ****.com. Just give Vicky a call.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:08 AM
Default Why we are looking to leave the Villages

We moved to the Villages expecting a nice retirement home town feeling with activities of sorts , Instead we are seeing greedy investment people buying and selling /renting and People who are afraid of snow to name a couple. Over priced homes and over crowded people . Medical is a roll the dice game in the area.

Big disappointment and yes we are planning to move

Last edited by gamby; 02-25-2014 at 01:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-25-2014, 06:08 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamby View Post
We moved to the Villages expecting a nice retirement home town feeling with activities of sorts , Instead we are seeing greedy investment people buying and selling /renting and People who are afraid of snow to name a couple. Over priced homes and over crowded people . Medical is a roll the dice game in the area.

Sorry you feel like that. I guess The Villages life is not for you. From what I can see, there are numerous (hundreds) of "activities of sorts" here in our "Friendly Home Town". Good luck in your pursuit, for another Home Town>
Old 02-25-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:

I'm not a greedy investor; I bought a house with plans to move in 3 yrs or so. But in visiting several times during the year, I just decided to move sooner and have not regretted the decision! My house has been a good investment and I won't apologize for that.

The Villages lifestyle is not for everyone (thank goodness!) and it is much quieter in the summer. Good luck with your move; I doubt if you will have any problem selling.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:

I am sorry to see that this person is so unhappy living here. Unfortunately, they may have a problem finding a place that will make them happy because the underlying reason for their unhappiness may not be the Villages.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:56 PM
Veteran member

The topic is rental management and there have been some helpful suggestions. That's what I love about this forum is people helping people, supporting one another in their choices, and allowing those that aren't happy with the choices they make, to move on.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:56 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Yes, The Villages is not for everyone. Each person has a different expectation. I am sure you will find a better fit for you in Florida. It's a BIG state! Good luck to you.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 02-26-2014, 12:21 AM
Default reply

I have to apologize, my post was not personal. I had such a bad week here.
So I am sorry I offended anyone.
I think I was just angry at everyone yesterday; I think I will stay focused on my own life and not be concerned with others. Again So sorry !
Being overwhelmed with medical issues distorts a persons thinking

As far as moving we have been looking at other areas for medical reasons, we have multiple medical issues and need a better medical situation somewhere.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.