Seven new villages planned south of 44

Closed Thread
Old 04-29-2017, 10:31 AM
Gold member
Default Seven new villages planned south of 44

I have attached a screenshot of the new official Villages map south of 44 that shows the location of 7 new villages being planned. This image I attached below is what you see if you zoom in on the map.

Here is the link to the map

The Villages - Map

Click on the image below to make this screenshot bigger

villages-map-jpg
Old 04-29-2017, 11:37 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts
Default New purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
I have attached a screenshot of the new official Villages map south of 44 that shows the location of 7 new villages being planned. This image I attached below is what you see if you zoom in on the map.

Here is the link to the map

The Villages - Map

Click on the image below to make this screenshot bigger

Attachment 68160
Nice map but doesn't show the property that The Villages just purchased along 44 across from Rohan recreation center and Lake Deaton Plaza.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:02 PM
Platinum member

I wouldn't want to be that close to the Florida Turnpike.
You'll hear a lot of road noise.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfla06 View Post
I suspect some of that land will be used for golf or rec center or retail. Or use a landscape barrier.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:19 AM

Any guesses on how big those areas are compared to the current size of TV north of 44. It almost looks like one-third of the current area.

Also, looking at google maps, it really looks like there is a ton of vacant land once they work their way south of the prison.

So, the real question is not 'is build out in 2 years' but when will TV double in size from its current size. my guess is 10 years.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:39 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDenise View Post
Any guesses on how big those areas are compared to the current size of TV north of 44. It almost looks like one-third of the current area.

Also, looking at google maps, it really looks like there is a ton of vacant land once they work their way south of the prison.

So, the real question is not 'is build out in 2 years' but when will TV double in size from its current size. my guess is 10 years.
In order to achieve that rate of growth, their current rate of sales would need to triple or be 50% higher than their best sales years in 2005~2007. Great expectations but sales growth is not easily accomplished.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfla06 View Post
Unless you are directly next to the Turnpike, road noise shouldn't be a factor.
Even if you are next to the Turnpike, sound barriers and berms work.

The noise from golf carts is ten times worse!
Old 04-30-2017, 04:35 PM
Veteran member
Angry No Build-out -- Ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDenise View Post

I don't believe there will ever be "build out" in The Villages.
Those of us who live here while alive, will never see the end of growth here.

There are too many mouths to feed now, as it is, and the greed will never stop and only get worse as time goes on and the "mouths" increase in size.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
Unless you are directly next to the Turnpike, road noise shouldn't be a factor.
Even if you are next to the Turnpike, sound barriers and berms work.

The noise from golf carts is ten times worse!
I think the practice in the US is to build wall along major roads to keep noise out.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:38 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
I don't believe there will ever be "build out" in The Villages.
Those of us who live here while alive, will never see the end of growth here.

There are too many mouths to feed now, as it is, and the greed will never stop and only get worse as time goes on and the "mouths" increase in size.
The only thing I agree with this post is "build out" will not end. The business of the Morse family is land development. As long as there is land to develop and people to buy the homes, they will continue.

The development of Fenney or Southren Oaks is so far south, it has no effect on me. This is the case for the majority of us here in TV.

It never fails to surprise me the number of posters on this site that seems to be against successful business people.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:46 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

As I see it the Morses deliver a great product which is why they have been so remarkably successful by literally any measure. No one holds a gun to anyone's head to buy or remain...

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-30-2017, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
The only thing I agree with this post is "build out" will not end. The business of the Morse family is land development. As long as there is land to develop and people to buy the homes, they will continue.

The development of Fenney or Southren Oaks is so far south, it has no effect on me. This is the case for the majority of us here in TV.

It never fails to surprise me the number of posters on this site that seems to be against successful business people.
It will affect you when all of those people come to the current TV to play golf, town squares, etc. It will be saturated unless they build more of these a long with all the houses.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2017, 09:06 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
It will affect you when all of those people come to the current TV to play golf, town squares, etc. It will be saturated unless they build more of these a long with all the houses.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
They haven't change the way they do thing in 20 years, building amenities, golf courses, and business areas and then building the houses, why would they change now? The formula works very well for them as is evident by the success of The Villages.

Just because nobody has seen their full 30 year plan on what they intend to do and build doesn't mean that they haven't given it a lot of careful thought. It's their money on the line. And no they're not going to share it with any of us or anybody else until absolutely necessary, and then only the minimum necessary to keep things rolling. Anything else would be foolish and cost them millions. It's not any different than the way Disney did things in the 60's when they were buying up land for WDW. The best place to get a clue as to where things are going (at least short term) is to watch the city of Wildwood's public meetings, because almost all new growth in the foreseeable future will within the city limits, everything will have to go through them and thanks to Florida Sunshine Laws, it is all information available to the public.

This is one of the best run and successful residential development companies in the country. Their success is in all of our best interests as we all benefit from the new amenities and business the continued growth brings in.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
They haven't change the way they do thing in 20 years, building amenities, golf courses, and business areas and then building the houses, why would they change now? The formula works very well for them as is evident by the success of The Villages.

Just because nobody has seen their full 30 year plan on what they intend to do and build doesn't mean that they haven't given it a lot of careful thought. It's their money on the line. And no they're not going to share it with any of us or anybody else until absolutely necessary, and then only the minimum necessary to keep things rolling. Anything else would be foolish and cost them millions. It's not any different than the way Disney did things in the 60's when they were buying up land for WDW. The best place to get a clue as to where things are going (at least short term) is to watch the city of Wildwood's public meetings, because almost all new growth in the foreseeable future will within the city limits, everything will have to go through them and thanks to Florida Sunshine Laws, it is all information available to the public.

This is one of the best run and successful residential development companies in the country. Their success is in all of our best interests as we all benefit from the new amenities and business the continued growth brings in.
Pretty good summary imho.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:48 PM
Veteran member

I'm glad the developers are continuing to build. If the prices of the houses are too high and not selling, the prices of the houses will be lowered to sell. It is the way of business. I don't feel at all that they are "greedy". They are producing a product that people desire and are going to price their product based on location, features, amenities, etc.

Tags
villages, map, image, screenshot, attached

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.