Sex in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2007, 07:56 PM
Founder
Default Sex in the Villages

I keep hearing stories about people all over The Villages, "hooking up." I guess (I didn't see it) CNN did a story about it. Is it a reality or is it the figment of somebodies imagination? Just how is it that people are getting all this action? Where are they going to make such contacts?

My wife and I were at Katie Belle's one evening to take pictures for Talk of The Villages, and I was "hit on" twice.....in front of my wife. Is this what people are talking about.....or is there a club somewhere. I'm not asking for personal use......you understand? I am just curious, as I am sure lots of other people are.
:dontknow:
Old 03-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Founder
Default Re: Sex in the Villages

Is this issue to hot to reply too.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:51 PM

I guess the topic would be interesting to singles. Happily married and don't listen to the scuttlebutt, so do not hear about the singles action.

Kit
Old 03-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Veteran member

Has anyone noticed the number of views this post has gotten? It seems like folks are very interested in "Sex in the Villages"...huh? But there are few posts on the topic. Common folks....yer not tryin'. My wife and I visted Katie Bell's for the first time about four years ago. The last time we went there, about a year ago I think, there was definitely a change in atmosphere and the new dynamic was almost palpable (I wasn't palpating...just watching). It was kind of interesting, even entertaining, to observe if you aren't a participant. It reminded me of a high school dance in a wierd kinda way. We thought yep...uh huh...things are going on. But then, doesn't this happen everywhere? What's so different or special (or unsavory) because it happens in here?
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 05-01-2007, 10:36 PM

I did notice a news article a couple of months ago about a rash (no pun intended) of STD in The Villages that prompted some informational seminars. Must be some action around here.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:39 PM

Hi Everyone!

Now I understand why this is Florida's Friendlest Hometown!! (lol)

My husband and I are stranded up in Colorful (not as colorful as "The Villages" I gather!)
Colorado waiting for our house to sell so we can join all of you down in Florida. Although the last time we were down there, we went to Katie Belle's with no knowledge of anything out of the ordinary... Very Very friendly thou............ When we finally move down there....I'll certainly keep my eyes open!!! Or put my husband on a short leash!!! lol

Webmaster: Thanks so much for coming up with this unique way to "talk" to fellow villagers...!! It keeps me informed on the "going on's" in my new hometown, but I admit it makes the waiting that much harder!!!! Does anyone want to buy a 3000 sq ft townhome in Colorado??? lol

Old 07-12-2007, 11:53 AM

Katie Belles, Main Street Bistro (after 9pm) and Crazy Gringo's are fun places also County line Bar (off the Villages) My wife and I love visiting a people watching !!!
Old 07-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1946
Katie Belles, Main Street Bistro (after 9pm) and Crazy Gringo's are fun places also County line Bar (off the Villages) My wife and I love visiting a people watching !!!
Well, Mike, tell us. What exactly do you watch???????? ;D Should my wife an I watch too?
Old 07-12-2007, 01:35 PM

Do they have cameras at Katie Belles like they do in the townsquares??????? :2cool:

Just asking..........lol
Old 07-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Send a message via AIM to BethS Send a message via Yahoo to BethS

We started hearing the stories about the Villages the minute it was on CNN and people knew we were moving here. They couldn't believe we were moving to a place with STD's. Well, we have been here almost a year and have not come across anything out of the usual. I guess we're not in the loop!!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Veteran member

Mike1946 has done his homework. We went out as a group of couples to Main Street Bistro and were treated very rudely by some "singles" because we were taking up their seats at the piano bar! That is exactly what they said to us....can't you hurry up and finish your dinner. We are regulars and you are sitting in our seats!!!! Laughed so hard I cried. Complained about their behavior to the manager and she was no help. She told me to "just ignore them" like I was going to pay attention anyway!

Yes, there are a few places where "hooking up" is the thing and couples only go there to watch those trying to remember their teen years!!!!! You just have to see the make-up and sequins on the cheeks and you know you are in a "singles" bar!!!!

I understand that the ratio of single women to men is humongous too!!
Old 07-12-2007, 05:36 PM

I thought I left that behind in High School!!!!

"I can't wait till I get to Katie Belle's Friday night.... Maybe Jimmy will ask me to go steady!!!!!"
Old 07-12-2007, 06:20 PM

not houmongous bit "ginormus".... new word in the dictionary
Old 07-25-2007, 12:46 AM
Veteran member

Gee, some pretty unkind things being said about singles in TV...I'm going to have to rethink my plans. I was hoping TV was going to be a "live and let live" community.
Guess it's not. :'(

While I recognize there are some singles out there who make total fools of themselves, what have you got against singles wanting to find a relationship?
Old 07-25-2007, 12:57 PM

I remember seeing on the news once a long time ago. I seriously doubt that the problems are specific to that area.

someone was village bashing. Or probably a wannabe who has no means to change their lifestyle.

It has not influenced me in the least.

I would not have a job! I help deliver babies!!!

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.