Shooters World to break ground on new store, gun range in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2016, 04:23 PM
Sage

Aquila makes a 22 LR rated @ 1750 FPS 204 Ft.Lbs energy - same energy as a 38 spl/ a S&W J frame carries 5 ads , while a S&W 317 22r carries 8 ads, my wife's revolver is a 317 with a Crimson Trace Laser sight--she can write her name @ 25 yds
Old 08-23-2016, 04:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I'd recommend something other than a .22 (.38, 9mm, .40); it takes a WELL PLACED round with a .22 to stop someone.
That is good advice for most people but a
good .22 in the right hands is not that bad....

Interesting stories.....

An enemy of Israel believes that he has successfully slipped away from the Mossad after his heinous act of terrorism. It’s a beautiful evening and time for a stroll. As the terrorist steps out of his apartment his chest is peppered with a handful of .22 Long Rifle bullets that immediately end his terrorist career. The only thing that the local police find is a dead terrorist and a small pile of .22 LR brass casings sprinkled close to the deceased, courtesy of the Israeli Mossad .22 LRS.

The Beretta Model 70 and the functionally identical Model 71, both in .22 LR, have served with great distinction as the signature terminator pistol of the Mossad, the premiere intelligence agency of the State of Israel. The Beretta 70 was also carried by Israeli Sky Marshals

The Beretta Model 70 and 71 are compact single-action .22-caliber semi-automatic pistols that accommodate an eight-round magazine, weigh 17 ounces with an unloaded magazine and have a 3.5-inch barrel. The Beretta Model 71 and the 70 are basically identical in every respect except that the Beretta Model 70s come equipped with a low-profile, adjustable rear sight. One feature that appears on both models is either a thumb safety or a cross bolt safety. These pistols also have the magazine release on the left side of the grip, near the bottom of the frame. According to a reliable source in Israel, the .22-caliber Beretta 70 was taken out of service in the mid 1970s and was replaced by a 9mm Beretta.

Small-Bore Efficiency
One of the most famous incidents involving the use of a .22 caliber Beretta 70 “Jaguar” pistol occurred in February of 1969. After the 1968 hijacking of an El Al airliner by Palestinian terrorists, the Israeli government decided to dramatically increase aviation security by placing sky marshals on board. Eventually, the decision was made to place armed veteran Israeli soldiers aboard El Al aircraft. This Israeli sky marshal program was top secret and never publicized.

During the incident that took place in February of 1969, Israeli Sky Marshal Mordechai Rachamim engaged several heavily armed Arab terrorists as they attacked an EL Al airliner on a snow covered runway in Zurich. Despite the odds against him, the young Israeli sky marshal expertly used his issued Beretta Model 70 pistol to kill one of the Palestinian terrorists, moments before the Zurich Police arrived and took the remaining terrorists into custody. The three surviving male Palestinian terrorists received 12-year jail sentences for attacking a commercial airliner with machine guns and explosives that resulted in the killing and wounding of several passengers and crew. Sky Marshal Mordechai Rachamim became an instant hero at home in Israel.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Aquila makes a 22 LR rated @ 1750 FPS 204 Ft.Lbs energy - same energy as a 38 spl/ a S&W J frame carries 5 ads , while a S&W 317 22r carries 8 ads, my wife's revolver is a 317 with a Crimson Trace Laser sight--she can write her name @ 25 yds
Mine can also, but MOST people couldn't hit that "sweet spot" from 5 yds. Bigger entry hole = bigger hurt.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJCKY View Post
Where is Shooters World going to locate in the Villages?
I hope that it's centrally located. If it's near Brownwood half the Villagers won't go there by golf cart. Somewhere around 466a would be perfect and they are building some new stuff across from Colony Plaza. That would be perfect.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
...Somewhere around 466a would be perfect and they are building some new stuff across from Colony Plaza. That would be perfect.
Across from Colony Plaza is the new Walmart Grocery store and another medical office and in front of the plaza is a new Bob Evans. Anything else at Colony would a mistake for now. I live just off CR466A and I never go around Colony unless I have to.

I think with Basics Gun Shop and Range coming to 441/27 in Lady Lake, Shooter's World with golf cart accessibility in mind, should look for something on CR466 west of Buena Vista, plenty of building sites around Bealls/Home Goods. The Tampa location they use now is in a former Circuit City building.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:44 PM
Veteran member

Is there a firm time table for all this to happen?
Old 08-24-2016, 03:01 PM
Sage

The only time table most people have to worry about who live in TV is, will I be on the right side of the grass tomorrow--worry about what you can control, let construction proceed as the people who are paying the freight determine--they will want it built yesterday so they can make $$$$
Old 08-24-2016, 05:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles42 View Post
Is there a firm time table for all this to happen?
The Villages online news said that Shooters World was going to break ground by the end of the year, but didn't disclose the location. The other shop Basics Gun Shop & Range got permission in June from the Lady Lake City Council 4 to 1 to proceed, and they have an option of 12 acres in Lady Lake. They haven't given any newer updates as yet.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The Villages online news said that Shooters World was going to break ground by the end of the year, but didn't disclose the location. The other shop Basics Gun Shop & Range got permission in June from the Lady Lake City Council 4 to 1 to proceed, and they have an option of 12 acres in Lady Lake. They haven't given any newer updates as yet.
Basic Gun Shop and Range is a better location for me, but I don't think it will be golf cart accessible. Not a big deal since the range I use now is not golf cart accessible. But if Shooters World opened up north of 466A I would go there.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:08 AM
Sage

I heard that shooters world will be on 44 near the new Publix
Old 08-25-2016, 08:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
I heard that shooters world will be on 44 near the new Publix
Is that near Brownwood or Lake deaton?
Old 08-25-2016, 08:15 AM
Sage

It is essentially just east of the corner of Morse and 44, a couple of miles east of Brownwood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
Is that near Brownwood or Lake deaton?
Old 09-14-2016, 05:05 PM
Default Shooters World Website Range Rules

Cut and pasted from the Shooters World website Range Rules:
Hand or privately loaded ammo, tracers, explosive or armor piercing ammunition is strictly prohibited.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:05 PM

I am a TOTAL, ANTI-GUN person.
No longer.
I feel the need to carry just in case.... on the off chance that...... my space is MY OWN and if you come into it for untoward reasons, decisions WILL follow.
I will be pleased that I have options.
God Bless America.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobandMary View Post
We've been very happy with the range on 44. No complaints. Facilities are great. Knowledgeable guys. Love the rescue dogs behind the counter.
The owner is a grump. The place is a dump. I'm a member there and shoot there frequently, but it is a sad excuse for a shooting range. Go to Shooters World in Tampa and you will what a good range is like. I do donate to support the rescue dogs running around the place. The young man That opens in the morning is a nice guy and is always helpful. Other than OSA in Ocala this is our only choice. Osa is a good outdoor range, but it depends on volunteers to be there and sometimes no one shows up.... Wasted trip.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, accessible, golf, overdue, business

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.