Should I drop a dime?

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2016, 07:21 AM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

The OP has an eyesore on her street with the trailer. Minding one's own business is not the wise course of action. The complaint is important, and it is the opposite of complacency regarding assaults on our quality of life here in TV. I think that the growth of a 'MYOB' attitude will eventually lead to a deterioration of our chosen home community.

The ultimate adjudication is not as important to this thread as is the registering of a complaint about the eyesore.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Just don't put the complaint in writing. Only verbal. Otherwise the neighbor will be able to identify you and may seek out retribution.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:06 AM

Take a photo and post it here. So many people just look for something to complain about and make others lives miserable. If you post a photo everyone can see whether that it is truly an eyesore devaluing property or not. That's better than just complaining and people commenting on an image in their heads.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
I don't think the for sale signs or the for rent sign is against restrictions. Maybe the trailer. But if it's in the driveway, the sheriff's dept would have no authority.
The trailer in the driveway is a deed restriction and fines can be leveled against the homeowner if it is parked there for more than a certain time. Same with motor homes and boats.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:13 AM
Sage

No need to post pictures. The OP should just call the CDD and report a possible violation. The CDDs are "complaint driven" - they do not drive around looking for violations, they must be reported. What people might think is an eyesore is irrelevant; the CDD will come by and objectively evaluate what they see against the written standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap2415 View Post
Take a photo and post it here. So many people just look for something to complain about and make others lives miserable. If you post a photo everyone can see whether that it is truly an eyesore devaluing property or not. That's better than just complaining and people commenting on an image in their heads.

Last edited by biker1; 07-24-2016 at 08:21 AM.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
No need. The OP should just call the CDD and report a possible violation. The CDDs are "complaint driven" - they do not drive around looking for violations, they must be reported.
Making a phone call about a deed restriction is anonymous. Sending an email is under the transparency law here in Florida and could be viewed. .
Old 07-24-2016, 09:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Make the report. You can do it anonymously. Let those in authority determine if a violation has occured.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap2415 View Post
TOTV posters do not determine deed restriction violations. That's the job of Community Standards.
Old 07-24-2016, 11:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
You watched too much TV last week.....................
Bogie Shooter, I don't know who you really are because you want to remain anonymous. I am pretty sure you are from Ohio and you sit across the aisle from me politically, but if it weren't for you and your common sense remarks this forum would not be near as valuable as it is to everyone. You are a great person and a logical one and one with enormous practical knowledge but most of all you call "em the way you sees "em.. Thank you Bogie Shooter for your occasional PM's that say something on the order of "WHAT WERE YOU THINKIN"?????. You are my friend who I have never met.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Oh my........
Old 07-24-2016, 04:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
TOTV posters do not determine deed restriction violations. That's the job of Community Standards.
Agree. No need to debate it here. No need.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:14 AM

Report it---simple
Old 07-25-2016, 05:37 AM

The experience of living in the Villages depends on the residents creating a positive living environment and common courtesy. When that breaks down we have an obligation to take action. Call Community Standards for all the people who live here.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:19 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Making a phone call about a deed restriction is anonymous. Sending an email is under the transparency law here in Florida and could be viewed. .
Gracie they will investigate the incident even if the email does not reflect your name.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:23 AM
Default Drop a dime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
There is a home owner who rents a house on my street

He has a huge olive drab tailer with a tarp over it & he has "FOR SALE" signs on the tarp/

And, he has a blatant re "For Rent " sign in the front window of his property.

It is the tackiest thing I have ever seen in the villages & I believe its against community standards.
Yes I would definitely drop a dime on them. Call Community Watch. You do not have to give your name. We all bought in The Villages because we liked the way it looked and the way it was taken of. We don't ever want to lose that. Also there are probably rules that prevent someone from doing what they are doing. Community Watch should be able to help you. Good luck!!
Closed Thread

Tags
tarp, property, window, front, rent

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.