Signature Shuttles out of service!

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2017, 03:24 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default Signature Shuttles out of service!

My brother just called to let me know that Signature Shuttles or Village Shuttles by Signature Coach are no longer in service as of today. So, he had to make quick arrangements with the Village Airport Van service take him to Sanford for the flight back to Ohio on Thursday. If you are using Signature, be forewarned that their service has been discontinued.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:53 PM

We rode with them a week ago. Lady driver told us that they were going to start a service taking people to and from drs. appts., but I DID NOT THINK to ask her if the airport service (which we use) would continue also!
Old 04-25-2017, 04:41 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
My brother just called to let me know that Signature Shuttles or Village Shuttles by Signature Coach are no longer in service as of today. So, he had to make quick arrangements with the Village Airport Van service take him to Sanford for the flight back to Ohio on Thursday. If you are using Signature, be forewarned that their service has been discontinued.
two, is this the The Villages one that goes in and out of Lake Sumter Landing and does not stop at everybody's house along the way? We have not used them for a couple of years but planned to later on. We fly in and out of MCO.

I assume it is a different one because there is no 's' on the one you are writing about here. On thevillages.net, it still says "Airport Shuttle."
Old 04-25-2017, 04:56 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
two, is this the The Villages one that goes in and out of Lake Sumter Landing and does not stop at everybody's house along the way? We have not used them for a couple of years but planned to later on. We fly in and out of MCO.

I assume it is a different one because there is no 's' on the one you are writing about here. On thevillages.net, it still says "Airport Shuttle."
The one going out of service has the phone # 888-987-***9. It would have gone to his house for the pickup.
This is the one -> Contact Us

Last edited by twoplanekid; 04-25-2017 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:33 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Thanks, two.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:00 PM
Veteran member

Their web site is still active: Home
Old 04-26-2017, 01:30 AM
Default Signature Coach belly up?

Got a call at 1 PM on Tuesday advising that my husbands 3:30 AM ride to Orlando has been canceled .................
"DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES".
My friend got a call 2 hours later about her grand-kids not being picked up "due to the company closing it's doors".
Katie Bar The Door!!!
"Your money will be completely refunded, of course. "
We contested the charge at 1:05 PM yesterday.
Please let folks know so they don't get shafted.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:14 AM
Platinum member

[QUOTE=ronsroni;1391313]Got a call at 1 PM on Tuesday advising that my husbands 3:30 AM ride to Orlando has been canceled .................
"DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES".
My friend got a call 2 hours later about her grand-kids not being picked up "due to the company closing it's doors".
Katie Bar The Door!!!
"Your money will be completely refunded, of course. "
We contested the charge at 1:05 PM yesterday.
Please let folks know so they don't get shafted.[/QUOTE]

Yes! You heard it first here even before the other online site! Love TalkofTheVillages for helpful information.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Wasn't this the company with more than one story about drivers possibly drinking? The one a lot of people on this site defended.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:20 AM
Veteran member

This is the company with many horror stories. Ours no different. Left us at the airport waiting 50 minutes. No answer on any contact numbers. This was a private car that was supposed to be waiting for us when we arrived. Eventually the driver arrived saying it was a busy day. What??? Yes this is also the company that had drivers who were drunk while on duty. Awful. Never used them again.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:28 AM
Veteran member

To any displaced travels:

Call the Village Airport Van. 352-241-twothousand Tell them Steve sent you. They will put on extra drivers if needed. Always great prompt service.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:16 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,314 Times in 383 Posts

Just used Signature last week. Very pleasant driver who was on-time and professional.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:23 AM

Sadly, whatever the reason, this company is gone and people are out of work.
I used them twice without issue.
As for drunk drivers, I thought it was one but, small matter. The receptionists don't drive drunk there. Too bad someone has an issue with alcohol and lost control, domino effect.
I was shocked; inconvenienced really. I made the run at 0330 hrs and I took my friends 20-something grand-kids to Orlando as well. Three birds; one stone.
As it turned out, there was a collision in front of me at 0510 hrs on the Northbound Turnpike. I am a retired nurse. I stopped at both cars and handled it till the police came (48 min later).
It was divine intervention for the folks in the cars. All safe and gone home. HUZZAH!!!
Kinda drives me crazy.... HEY! It's a SHORT drive.
Bah-dum-bump.
I hope the staff finds work and that all $$ is truly refunded.
Happy Trails!!!
Old 04-27-2017, 11:11 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire
Default Signature coach closed

I believe Signature Coach Service is no more....
Old 04-28-2017, 06:47 AM
Default Sanford airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Signature provided home pickup/drop off and direct service to/from Sanford without a trip to Orlando International.I need to find someone who provides this service.Any suggestions?
Closed Thread

Tags
service, shuttles, signature

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.