Signs on lawn

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2015, 08:22 AM
Default Signs on lawn

We are in the process of a major landscaping project. Two days ago our contractor put their sign in our yard at our request because people were stopping several times daily to ask who was doing the work. The plan was to remove it when the project was done. This morning the sign is gone and it was not removed by the contractor. We appreciate the need to not have these signs in the yard, however, I resent someone coming well onto my property to remove it especially with all of the recent breakins. Whoever feels the need to rid their village of these signs needs to come to the door of the resident, ring the bell and request the removal and not go lurking in the dark to do this.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:32 AM
Gold member

The Castle Doctrine applies to Village residents too.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
That's good to know. Most of the people here have no idea what you're talking about, though.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We haven't had any such signs removed from our yard.

We remove signs from our neighbors yards that says the pest man has cometh, when they are gone for long periods of time.

In a couple of days your contractor's trucks will be there and the neighbors will know who is doing your yard.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:53 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codysmom View Post
We are in the process of a major landscaping project. Two days ago our contractor put their sign in our yard at our request because people were stopping several times daily to ask who was doing the work. The plan was to remove it when the project was done. This morning the sign is gone and it was not removed by the contractor. We appreciate the need to not have these signs in the yard, however, I resent someone coming well onto my property to remove it especially with all of the recent breakins. Whoever feels the need to rid their village of these signs needs to come to the door of the resident, ring the bell and request the removal and not go lurking in the dark to do this.
Agree!! Just a thought, maybe it was removed by the competition because they don't want the neighbors to go to them???

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-23-2015, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Bogie Shooter will come on soon and tell us what the rules are. I think...no signs south of 466. Never had a sign removed...because the signs we have now are contractors "permission" signs. Do Village Watch folks remove signs?
Old 02-23-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
I fully agree but I think invoking it for removal of signs from a yard or even grand theft would get you in a whole lot of legal trouble.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:45 AM

Community Watch cannot remove then on your property.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Me thinks you got a nosey neighbor in the neighborhood!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-23-2015, 11:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I once saw a Pest control/lawn company, running down the street and snatching up their competitors signs. Threw them in the truck following along and took off. Just sayin'....
Old 02-23-2015, 11:17 AM

I see more and more of these yard signs (contractors signs, garage sale signs, house sale signs, etc) popping up not only on the lawns but also on community property. To me they ruin the beautiful landscaping and I consider them litter.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I have always taken the questions about our screened porch, driveway, etc. as an attaboy. It made me proud that others liked what we did.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Your friendly Deed Compliance removed it, against your Deed restrictions..
Old 02-23-2015, 01:44 PM

I'm not sure about signs for contractors doing work but I truly hate all those lawn spraying signs!!! I believe The Villages mgmt. should make the company come back the next day and pick them up. That would solve the problem. I can never understand why residents leave them out to litter the neighborhood. I pick many of them off the curb on my daily walks just to make the streets look better. You don't get any better deal by leaving them out there so please get rid of them ASAP.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHMAN View Post
I'm not sure about signs for contractors doing work but I truly hate all those lawn spraying signs!!! I believe The Villages mgmt. should make the company come back the next day and pick them up. That would solve the problem. I can never understand why residents leave them out to litter the neighborhood. I pick many of them off the curb on my daily walks just to make the streets look better. You don't get any better deal by leaving them out there so please get rid of them ASAP.

Agree. I don't remove them but think they look stupid. I guess I thought maybe people leave them in to discourage dogs??
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.