Sinkhole in Buttonwood

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by linandvin View Post
Would The Villages have the sinkholes fixed to avoid bad publicity or is ths definitely the responsibility of the owner? Would this happen under a house?
I don't think so.

And it CAN happen under a house. That is the reason everyone reacts so fearfully when they hear about it. However I haven't heard of it happening here, that doesn't mean it didn't happen here on campus, but I am an avid reader of this forum now for five years and news seems to get here and every danged rumor under the sun too and that hasn't been reported.

I heard someone say that the Morse's better step up if she ever has a sinkhole problem. I was thinking that when the wind blew off shingles up North I wouldn't have blamed the developer. Nor would anyone I knew.

The Morses can't do much about preventing them. It is what happens VERY occasionally hereabouts because of the nature of the ground underneath us..
Old 06-04-2012, 07:49 PM

Anyone hear anymore about sink hole in Buttonwood? Anyone know what street it was on? My house is on Bayport Place. Appreciate any info anyone has.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:42 AM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daca55 View Post
Anyone hear anymore about sink hole in Buttonwood? Anyone know what street it was on? My house is on Bayport Place. Appreciate any info anyone has.
Knotty Pine Terrace
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.