small white crosses?

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2016, 07:15 PM
Default small white crosses?

when i first seen one of these in a yard I assumed it was a spot where a pet was buried, however after seeing more in other areas, i realized we didnt have a massive amout of canine deaths, are these making a statement of the residents faith? please understand i am not making a statement of advertising ur faith, just asking? Who knows maybe Jesus return is eniment and these folks dont want be passed by? some areas of the south crosses in the yards have "other" meaning if you will! I do realize there are secret signs people put in there yards to indicate they are members of the swinger life style. just looking for a clarification.
Old 11-13-2016, 08:25 PM
Sage
Default White cross

Um....my neighbor has one in their yard and they don't have a pet nor are they swingers.....my guess is that they get these from their church for a specific reason???? I would be anxious to know too.
Old 11-13-2016, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Um....my neighbor has one in their yard and they don't have a pet nor are they swingers.....my guess is that they get these from their church for a specific reason???? I would be anxious to know too.
in no way did i mean to indicate it was a swingers symbol,, i am told there are ways to indicate that lifestyle in ur yard,,
Old 11-13-2016, 10:28 PM
Gold member

White crosses spread through yards with help from Lancaster couple | The Columbus Dispatch
Old 11-14-2016, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietpepsi View Post
when i first seen one of these in a yard I assumed it was a spot where a pet was buried, however after seeing more in other areas, i realized we didnt have a massive amout of canine deaths, are these making a statement of the residents faith? please understand i am not making a statement of advertising ur faith, just asking? Who knows maybe Jesus return is eniment and these folks dont want be passed by? some areas of the south crosses in the yards have "other" meaning if you will! I do realize there are secret signs people put in there yards to indicate they are members of the swinger life style. just looking for a clarification.
Pro life advocates trying to spread their gospel. Kind of like a political sign which is not allowed in TV.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancusa View Post
Pro life advocates trying to spread their gospel. Kind of like a political sign which is not allowed in TV.
I figured it was for squirrels....
Old 11-14-2016, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancusa View Post
Or people who simply wish to show they are Christian. Like people who fly the flag because they are Patriotic. And those who have the Mezuza on their door because they are Jewish and people who choose to attend church or synagogue like the Pilgrims who founded this country looking for freedom to follow their peaceful religion.

According to deed restrictions no signs are allowed in their yard so I hope they move these crosses to close to the house, under the eaves but still visible so that they can be seen and still be in accord with the rules.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:15 AM
Gold member

Why are there 20+ of these crosses in the grassy area by St Timothy's Catholic Church by Spanish Springs? No judgement, just curious.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 11-14-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
Why are there 20+ of these crosses in the grassy area by St Timothy's Catholic Church by Spanish Springs? No judgement, just curious.
Symbol of Pro Life, Anti Abortion. Notice that they are colored blue or pink as if a cemetery of unborn male and female fetuses. I would imagine that Pro Choice people might find it offensive.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:22 AM

Against the Deed Restrictions, take them down.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:52 AM

The white crosses are no different than any other decorative display we set in our berms. They are to promote getting along with one another regardless of spiritual demonination.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:16 AM

Sounds to me like nobody really knows what they are there for!
Old 11-14-2016, 11:30 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Default White Crosses

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewk View Post
Sounds to me like nobody really knows what they are there for!
You cant pray in schools, you cant pray at city council meetings, you cant put up a manger scene in government buildings or property. This is our way of a silent protest against the few thousand atheist who dictate to the millions of religious people in this country. PS It doesn't matter what religion.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default small white crosses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investment Painting Contractors View Post
You cant pray in schools, you cant pray at city council meetings, you cant put up a manger scene in government buildings or property. This is our way of a silent protest against the few thousand atheist who dictate to the millions of religious people in this country. PS It doesn't matter what religion.

Actually there are more then 20 million atheists/agnostics in this country. And many atheists do not share the pro-choice view. A life is a life regardless of religion or a lack thereof. Morality was around long before Christianity.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Leave the Cross take the Cannolis. The crosses have a religious/spiritual meaning. Leave them alone.
Closed Thread

Tags
yards, faith, making, statement, areas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.