Iirrigation system problem

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2012, 07:31 AM
Platinum member
Default Iirrigation system problem

Our system appears to be running almost every day. I have rechecked the programmer. It is only programmed for Friday. The year, month, day are correct. The times for the six zones are correct. I cannot figure this out. Any suggestions? If we need a contractor, who would you call?
Old 03-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Veteran member

Check your programmer. I don't know about yours, but mine has the capability of setting up two independent programs (A&B). I have one set up for three times a week and the other set up for once a week (with the current water restrictions we are only allowed to water on Thursdays now). it's possible you are looking at the display for one program but running the other.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 03-25-2012, 07:39 AM
Default Probably a simple fix

Call Larry @ Affordable Irrigation Repairs 352-874-8574. He is a resident.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Gold member
Default Try calling the manufacturer

Had a similar problem last summer - ours was going off 3 times on the 2 days it was set to water. Got one of those letters about using too much water. We thought we had fixed it - didn't.

Ours is a Hunter system - phone # is 800-733-2823. My neighbors called while we were in Ohio for several months and Hunter talked them thru it. They stood in front of the control system on the phone. If you have a different system, try looking for a customer service # - maybe posted right on the control.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Veteran member

I have a Hunter system as well. I thunk every house here in TV has a Hunter system. I came back to my villa after a couple of months and noticed that the system was turned off and the shrubs looked very thursty

Tried to turn it back on and what I did was to program another sequence for watering. Now I was watering twice as much and went over the water usage and got charged extra for it.

What I did was to Google the specific Hunter model to get an operations manual. I fornd the Master Reset Button and deleted all the programming and then started from scratch programming the day, time, etc. etc. (Very easy to re-program)

Works perfectly ever since.

Hope my idea helps you out!!
Old 03-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

most systems have at least different program...ours has three.

Usually if you hit the program button...and nothing else...you will see in a corner of the screen either an A or B or C...just cycle through and see if there are any times set on the other programs.

So you have the possibility of multiple days per week per week and with another program set (B or C) you can double or triple the days and times to be watering.

What I do to avoid an error is my watering is done on program A and on program B and C I have each watering station run time set to zero.

btk
Old 03-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Platinum member

If your's is an old Hunter system it may have a battery backup. If battery is dead and there is a power outage, could be very brief, the system reverts to the factory settings.

I agree with the advice already given, call the manufacturer's 800 number.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Platinum member

Thanks all. Hunter technicians are not available on the weekend so will call tomorrow. I found a manual for a controller that is similar to ours online and will see if I can cancel all the programs and start again.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Default Sprinklers

To reboot your controller,unplug it and disconnect the 9volt battery,let it set for a short time and then reprogram it.If you do not disconnect the battery it will retain the memory and you will be right back where you started.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:51 PM
Platinum member

Thanks. I tried the reset but did not take out the battery.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Thanks. I tried the reset but did not take out the battery.
If nothing else works, just put 0 (zero) on length of time for each station on the day you don't want it to work. Go to "Set stations run time" and just adjust to 0 time for each station.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.