Spring Break in Tha Villages

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2016, 08:01 PM
Eternal Member

The Easter or Spring vacation time is in late March and early April. Yep, lot of families will be visiting Gammy and Gampy. There will be longer waits at restaurants and more small kids at the squares being forced into "dancing" with Gammy.

Hey, it only lasts a couple of weeks. They are families. Be glad they want to visit!

Watch out on the multi-modal trails, though, for the teens who take Gampy's golf cart! Gampy better have very good liability insurance! Memorize the phone numbers of Morgan & Morgan, just in case. (:
Old 02-06-2016, 08:02 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
When did the term "spring break" begin to also include high school kids "spring/winter recess"? Must be like grade schools and high schools being on a "camps" rather than a "school yard". Guess I am getting old!!..

Hah! You think you're old....I have been trying to figure out when and why people started writing and saying high school degree instead of high school diploma........

I guess I just strayed from the topic again......but, hey, somebody said "high school" and there I went.......

Never mind.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Just as this is the time of year you would like to come it is also the time many others would like to come. What is normal for The Villages? A hard question to answer but I would say that you should come whenever you wish and you will enjoy it. Each season has its own special flavor. That is why so many of us love tombe here full time.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:26 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Don't forget the Seenagers will be cutting it loose about that time of year!
Old 02-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
The Easter or Spring vacation time is in late March and early April. Yep, lot of families will be visiting Gammy and Gampy. There will be longer waits at restaurants and more small kids at the squares being forced into "dancing" with Gammy.

Hey, it only lasts a couple of weeks. They are families. Be glad they want to visit!

Watch out on the multi-modal trails, though, for the teens who take Gampy's golf cart! Gampy better have very good liability insurance! Memorize the phone numbers of Morgan & Morgan, just in case. (:
This is my experience also. Family pools are very crowded, all the squares will have more children dancing, restaurants more crowded and of course, young people driving grandpa's golf cart. But the good news is, its over in a couple of weeks and then we get quiet again as people leave to go north again.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-07-2016, 09:51 AM
Sage

Jan 1st till the end of March, is when TV reaches full population.

The middle of April is when the population drops about a third and things go back to an easier pace, as the restaurants and traffic, become less problematic. At least, some people think so.

Anytime is a good time to visit TV but if you want a more leisure experience, I would wait until the snowbirds have left. It doesn't bother me as there are more people to enjoy being with, but some people prefer TV better, when snowbirds are not here. IMHO

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-07-2016, 10:25 AM

We would rather see it during the busy snowbird season since that is the time of year we plan on being there the most.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, break, spring, time, normal, teens, partying, croweded, hoping, close, beach, overrun, march, beginning, end, trip, tha, planing, april, people, everyplace, realized

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.