Sprint Service in Hemingway

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2017, 07:15 PM
Default Sprint Service in Hemingway

Currently up north and want to switch to Sprint cell service. We live in Hemingway near the Havana Center. Anyone have any idea how well the Sprint cell coverage is there? Thank you!
Old 04-28-2017, 02:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

We have sprint. It's better than 7 years ago. In Duval we have few if no dropped calls, and no roaming. It's not so great for us in some villages, but not any different that up north.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:42 AM

we had to switch to Verizon in Osceola Hills. None are too good in the house due to the heat barrier in the attic
Old 04-28-2017, 07:59 AM

We've had Sprint during our 3 years here and have had no problems with coverage anywhere in the Villages.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:12 AM
Gold member

we dumped sprint long ago when we found out that we had not gotten several calls. their new ad says 1 percent difference but that is not coverage which still lags far behind the carriers using att towers. my son uses sprint and has issues with reception when he visits.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:40 AM

Had Sprint in the Villages 10 years with no problems at all.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtroy View Post
Currently up north and want to switch to Sprint cell service. We live in Hemingway near the Havana Center. Anyone have any idea how well the Sprint cell coverage is there? Thank you!
If you were my family I would advise you to fight the feeling to switch to Sprint based on past performance. There is a company here called Cricket which works well and is probably a little less expensive than Sprint. All in all I'm sure you just want to make calls, receive calls and used your phone not spend a whole lot of time on the phone with tech support trying to get it to work in the house. We presently have Verizon only because one phone is still under contract. I'm done with them because of their deceptive advertising. Best of luck to you. Don't do it.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:35 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Switched to Cricket Wireless over a year ago when their store opened in LaGrande Plaza near Spanish Springs - the team there is SUPER and went above and beyond to assist me with anything, everything and all of my questions! They made the transition from T-Mobile a breeze.

Cricket uses AT&T towers, so since hubs used their service, I knew I would not have problems with service. It has been great in The Villages and the length of I95 from FL to ME! Unlimited talk, text, data for only $30/mo with auto-pay - fees included!

Old 05-03-2017, 10:57 AM
Veteran member

In 13 years we've never had a problem w/ Verizon.

Tags
sprint, cell, hemingway, service, idea

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.