Stickers removed from our mailbox - twice

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2014, 08:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHMAN View Post
The stickers are against Postal regs. but enforcement is not likely or at least practiced widely. I personally think that do sorta look junky.
From the USPS website:
3.2.4 Mailbox Accessories - Decorative art and devices can be attached to the exterior of approved mailbox designs provided they do not interfere with mail delivery or present a safety hazard. Devices can also be mounted in the interior of approved mailboxes provided they do not cause the intended mailbox to fail capacity test described in 3.15.1 and do not interfere with mail delivery or present a safety hazard. Any advertising on a mailbox or its support is prohibited. Unrestricted spring-loaded devices and designs are prohibited. Auxiliary flags or devices used to signal the customer that the mail has arrived must operate automatically without requiring additional carrier effort.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:20 PM

Some of us are not disgruntled but it does look tacky all the crap people put on their mail boxes. Like kids with to many stickers and not enough to do. To bad some people have forgot how to read the numbers that are put on their mail box. Just my observation but I would never remove them. Happy Days
Old 04-14-2014, 09:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithgerri View Post
Some of us are not disgruntled but it does look tacky all the crap people put on their mail boxes. Like kids with to many stickers and not enough to do. To bad some people have forgot how to read the numbers that are put on their mail box. Just my observation but I would never remove them. Happy Days

Good point. If you need a sticker to remember the box then why not just remember the number? Lot's of people use the same sticker so how does that help? I actually don't remember my number but I do automatically go to the right box. I think if I had a memory issue I'd put the number on my key or something.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Veteran member

I do not consider myself the owner of the mail box, the pool or the stop sign in front of my house. Does anybody decorate stop signs?
Old 04-14-2014, 09:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
From the USPS website:
3.2.4 Mailbox Accessories - Decorative art and devices can be attached to the exterior of approved mailbox designs provided they do not interfere with mail delivery or present a safety hazard. Devices can also be mounted in the interior of approved mailboxes provided they do not cause the intended mailbox to fail capacity test described in 3.15.1 and do not interfere with mail delivery or present a safety hazard. Any advertising on a mailbox or its support is prohibited. Unrestricted spring-loaded devices and designs are prohibited. Auxiliary flags or devices used to signal the customer that the mail has arrived must operate automatically without requiring additional carrier effort.
This actually is more applicable to post mounted rural mail boxes you purchase and place yourself.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Just curios, why do you need a sticker on your mailbox?
Old 04-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I automatically go to the right box because my neighbor has the box above it with a sticker on it! But I must admit I would know where the box is anyway.

The stickers don't bother me. It's fun to see what people are "rooting" for, what's important to them, like seeing the license plates and team decorations on golf carts.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member

My opinion is the stickers look crappy. Come on, folks -- you know which mailbox is yours!

I actually saw someone changing some of the stickers on mailboxes.
Now -- THAT is funny!
Old 04-15-2014, 05:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

put a sticker that says....smile you are on camera;gotcha!
Old 04-15-2014, 06:15 AM
Veteran member

Last edited by Lovey2; 04-15-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:16 AM

Just to clarify..we put the Smiley Face Sticker on our mailbox not only to find it easily, but to cover the even worse looking remnants of the previous stickers. I shall be putting a sticker up today that says "please don't remove my sticker."
Mostly just a fun thing at this point to keep the person busy.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default I thought I remembered someone was talking about this

Stickers on mailboxes

Mailbox sticker creep!

My PERSONAL favorite from all of the other mailbox sticker posts is the one below from Tpop1

Stickers, Stickers everywhere,
What a sight to see,
Yes, they help me find my box,
Please just let them be!

They don’t really even look that bad,
Not every box is stickered,
My next door neighbor has one on his,
Which guides me to my box quicker!

I knew that they were pasted there,
When I bought here in T.V,
It was no surprise at all,
Might have been for you, not me!

I looked around before I bought,
Few surprises did I face,
I knew that stickers were on the boxes,
And the Buffalo had been displaced!
(thought I’d work in another hot button issue)

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-15-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:17 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Only in The Villages could you get so much chatter about such a benign topic but I'll bite too.

When you witness some folks who leave their keys in their mail box you understand the need for some sort of sticker or identification.

I also don't like it but it is apparently needed for some folks

Try this exercise, Florida law states that a license plate frame cannot block the county or Sunshine State portion of the plate. Every frame advertising the Dealership blocks that section of the plate. Yet the only time I have ever hear of anyone receiving a ticket is a driver who had a plastic cover over his plate which is also illegal
Old 04-15-2014, 06:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member

They do look tacky. The mailbox at the mail station is actually owned, operated and serviced by the USPS. It is against postal regulations to post a sticker on these boxes. If they wanted they could all be removed. Personally I don't see a need for them. You don't have one on your house or a friends house you look for the number or after you've gone somewhere a few times you just remember the location. JMO
Old 04-15-2014, 06:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacoastbargain View Post
Just to clarify..we put the Smiley Face Sticker on our mailbox not only to find it easily, but to cover the even worse looking remnants of the previous stickers. I shall be putting a sticker up today that says "please don't remove my sticker."
Mostly just a fun thing at this point to keep the person busy.
Crazy are the things that bother people. Used to be we just shook our heads and walked away. Now we feel entitled to take matters in our own hands. Sorry you are having to deal with "The Stickler".
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.