Stonecrest resales vs TV

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2017, 01:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Here. There appears to be 75 homes for sale in Stonecrest. Take a look;

Community Of Stonecrest - 34491 Real Estate - 34491 Homes For Sale | Zillow
I counted 84. That's about 3.6% of the homes in the community. That is below the average for a retirement community. What is the percentage of homes for sale in the villages, resales Only?
Old 04-22-2017, 01:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
I counted 84. That's about 3.6% of the homes in the community. That is below the average for a retirement community. What is the percentage of homes for sale in the villages, resales Only?
I don't know. We are satisfied for the time being. But you never know. Are you enjoying your street legal cart, Steve?
Old 04-22-2017, 01:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Saw some items about Stonecrest: (I live Here so I am Biased but the below are just the facts)

1) The developer is gone and done. The community is run by the residents.
2) The Reserve Fund is over $2 Million and getting larger.
3) The last builder will be Armstrong (Once he's done its done).
4) Amenity fees are $108 per Month For those fees you get 3 outdoor pools and one indoor pool, A Jacuzzi (Which is being replaced with a larger one in the future, Tennis Courts, Two different Pickle Ball Courts (One is Lighted), There is a gym with equipment which is going to be expanded, Soft Ball Field, Dog Park, Shuffle Board Courts (Lighted), Bocci Ball, Horse Shoe bits, Stocked Bass Pond for fishing (Catch and Release). There are a number of social clubs.
5) Two Golf Courses on sight (Privately Owned) one is a 9 hole short course. Many of the Villagers come here to play. It also has a Country Club Associated with it and Restaurant.
6) We elect a board of directors to run the place every year. We have been very fortunate as there are many ex-business owners on the board who have experience in the areas we need, like road maintenance, building maintenance etc.
7) Day to Day Operations are run by Leeland Management.
8) We have two private gates directly into Walmart. You can then get to Aldi, Belles, Lowes, Doctors Offices, about 4 places to eat, and if you buy a street legal golf cart you can get to everything at Spanish Springs and beyond.
9) We are a gated community. We pay for everything inside the gates and is why they have control on who can and cannot access the facility.
10) If I were to build again I would again build with block. If you look at the commercial buildings being done in the area, they are block. There is only one thing I see being done in the area that I like better. I see the Villages are now pouring the walls with concrete. I think that would be superior to block.

I've heard all about the life style for years. The bottom line is Life Style is up to you. Life is what you make of it and has nothing to do with a developer.
Pardon me Mr. Steve, why don't you explain this to the new people in your development instead of on Talk Of The VILLAGES? I didn't read the entire thread so I'm sure you have a great reason.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't know. We are satisfied for the time being. But you never know. Are you enjoying your street legal cart, Steve?
I don't own a street legal cart. Way over priced. If I'm going to pay that much why would want a vehicle that is restricted to a 35 MPH Road and essentially a death Trap on Wheels?
Old 04-22-2017, 01:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
I don't own a street legal cart. Way over priced. If I'm going to pay that much why would want a vehicle that is restricted to a 35 MPH Road and essentially a death Trap on Wheels?
So how do you get your golf cart into The Villages ?
Old 04-22-2017, 01:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Pardon me Mr. Steve, why don't you explain this to the new people in your development instead of on Talk Of The VILLAGES? I didn't read the entire thread so I'm sure you have a great reason.
The reason is simple, I was correcting incorrect and old miss information previously posted on this thread. The originator of this threat was interested in Stonecrest. New people get an entire orientation I don't need to correct them. If you would have read the entire thread you would have understood that point. There were remarks about the size of the reserve fund and trouble with the developer. Both points were incorrect. I understand, we are all lazy at times.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I don't. I usually do all my grocery shopping at Walmart and Aldi. Doctor is in Belleview. Dentist is on this side of 441/27. Lowes is on this side. If we go out for diner its Cracker Barrel, Fire House, Sam St. Johns, Out Back, Texas Road House, Pasta Fare, up in Ocala, Eaton Beach, etc. Can't remember the last time I even went to one of the squares. Not a drinker or party animal. I would rather go out to Leesburg Airport and fly a plane. If my wife and I want entertainment we usually go down to Disney. I use about a tank of gas in the ca per month. If we do go to one of the squares its to the movies. Socialize with the clubs and friends here in Stonecrest.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
I don't. I usually do all my grocery shopping at Walmart and Aldi. Doctor is in Belleview. Dentist is on this side of 441/27. Lowes is on this side. If we go out for diner its Cracker Barrel, Fire House, Sam St. Johns, Out Back, Texas Road House, Pasta Fare, up in Ocala, Eaton Beach, etc. Can't remember the last time I even went to one of the squares. Not a drinker or party animal. I would rather go out to Leesburg Airport and fly a plane. If my wife and I want entertainment we usually go down to Disney. I use about a tank of gas in the ca per month. If we do go to one of the squares its to the movies. Socialize with the clubs and friends here in Stonecrest.
Let's cut to the chase - there is only two reasons to live around here:

1. Piggyback on The Villages lifestyle without paying the bucks
2. You have friends or relatives nearby

If not 1 or 2 explain what in this area has attracted you here

Then it looks like your answer is #2. From my perspective if your not here for The Villages or work #2 is the only other answer. The list of what this area doesn't have is long. Such as:
no beaches
marginal warm weather in winter
hotter than ocean weather in summer
not convenient to airport
no major expressway close by
no major cultural centers

So again help me. If not to piggyback on The Villages what would possess one to pick up a map and say here is my retirement home.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Stonecrest resales vs TV

Quote:

Who cares how he does it ? The fact is every Villages amenity available is not available to an outsider. I don't consider the town squares or restaurants amenities. But I do consider all our pools, Rec centers, clubs, and all the little TV intangibles to belong to us and us alone.
Fact is I've never seen any stones overlooking a crest, nor is any American community on top of the world, so who cares.

Last edited by RickeyD; 04-22-2017 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Then it looks like your answer is #2. From my perspective if your not here for The Villages or work #2 is the only other answer. The list of what this area doesn't have is long. Such as:
no beaches

So again help me. If not to piggyback on The Villages what would possess one to pick up a map and say here is my retirement home.
A good home well built, well priced. on the golf course, and right next to Walmart. Weather is good, no snow. Its not in the Orlando War Zone. Since I don't use the villages then they don't even fit the equation. Close enough to the Ocean and equal distance from the Atlantic and Gulf. Close enough to Disney. One mile from Lake Weir with some very good fishing. Close to Leesburg host of the Bass Master Clasicc. Great Chain of lakes. Close to one of the best FBOs around for plane rental. What part of that piggy backs on anything that pertains to the villages? At one time some very good entertainment up at Silver Springs. I came I saw the village life style, I passed.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Who cares how he does it ? The fact is every Villages amenity available is not available to an outsider. I don't consider the town squares or restaurants amenities. But I do consider all our pools, Rec centers, clubs, and all the little TV intangibles to belong to us and us alone.
Fact is I've never seen any stones overlooking a crest, nor is any American community on top of the world, so who cares.
What little TV intangibles fall into the $142 bucket per month ?
Old 04-22-2017, 02:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
What little TV intangibles fall into the $142 bucket per month ?

The big stuff falls in there. The little stuff is free to all TVers.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:

no beaches

"Piggyback" on what?

To the best of my knowledge, only those of us paying amenity fees are allowed certain venues...and the rest are open to the public anyway.

In fact, were it not for being open to the public I seriously doubt that a lot of what we enjoy in the way of shopping/restaurants/etc. could make it...on just those of us who live in The Villages.

So in essence, a strong argument could be made that WE "piggyback" on the public such as Steve...by them keeping our golf cart accessible places open with additional business.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Your PR person has quit.

Again.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:58 PM
Veteran member

Bib Brother has dropped the sensor hammer on a few comments...... Saw it in real time. Went from 7 pages to 6 and they were gone. So much for Italians.....
Closed Thread

Tags
stonecrest, slow, resales, wrong, years

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.