Stucco Homes--When to repaint?

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2014, 09:02 AM
Email Reported As Spam

The often cited 7 years seems to be about right. I had my home painted after 7 years and the painter I hired used a roller and the so ccited rubber based paint that is suppose to last a lifetime. My painter laughed and said if we got 15 years out of it be thankful . As he said nothing is guaranteed for life . He is an independent self employed> He did an exceptionally good job was in fact so meticulous that he caught the attention of my neighbors
Old 10-21-2014, 09:54 AM

Many things effect the outside of a home. When you look at the home and see cracks and fading in areas it is time to paint the home. As for how long depends on the paint used and movement of the home over time. Some paints today can last 10 years some last three. Builders paint is far from the best so many need to paint sooner. If you hirer someone they should clean and fill in the cracks before they paint. Just information from a person who has painted himself and then hired someone.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:19 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Exterior Painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Many things effect the outside of a home. When you look at the home and see cracks and fading in areas it is time to paint the home. As for how long depends on the paint used and movement of the home over time. Some paints today can last 10 years some last three. Builders paint is far from the best so many need to paint sooner. If you hirer someone they should clean and fill in the cracks before they paint. Just information from a person who has painted himself and then hired someone.
Well Said !!!!! Len & Chris
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.