Suggestion Box?

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2017, 03:00 PM
Default Suggestion Box?

Fairly new to the Villages (and yes “I’m loving it” as the radio tells us to do). Still figuring things out, and one question I have is, is there a “Suggestion Box” somewhere so that if a Villager thinks of something that in his/hers humble opinion would really improve the quality of a Villagers “experience”, is there a way to communicate that to the powers that be?
I ask as of course I have a suggestion! My wife and I like to go to the squares (almost always Brownwood which is where we live) but sometime Lake S as well to listen to the evening music. If it’s a sunny day, which it almost always is, and there is a line at the bar (and between 5pm-6pm there almost always is) the sun beats down with no mercy on the folks waiting patiently in the queue. Some sort of sun block roofing like a Sunbrella covering or who knows what would be a great relief to those sweltering in the sun. And no, wearing a hat helps a little, but only a little. This could be done for a few grand tops, and would really help with the “loving it” part.
I don’t want to go into a million ideas on the best type of sunblock, just want to know how does one communicate such an idea up the chain, or is it totally futile?
Old 04-22-2017, 03:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,392 Posts

Its Florida, we have and enjoy the sun...................

Or

Once a year there is a resident survey and you can make your suggestion. Good Luck!

In the mean time have you thought of an umbrella?
Old 04-22-2017, 03:39 PM

There should be a suggestion box at your mailbox.
Good Luck
Old 04-22-2017, 04:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbeccles View Post
...My wife and I like to go to the squares (almost always Brownwood which is where we live) but sometime Lake S as well to listen to the evening music. If it’s a sunny day, which it almost always is, and there is a line at the bar (and between 5pm-6pm there almost always is) the sun beats down with no mercy on the folks waiting patiently in the queue. Some sort of sun block roofing like a Sunbrella covering or who knows what would be a great relief to those sweltering in the sun. And no, wearing a hat helps a little, but only a little. This could be done for a few grand tops, and would really help with the “loving it” part.
I don’t want to go into a million ideas on the best type of sunblock, just want to know how does one communicate such an idea up the chain, or is it totally futile?
About a year ago all Villagers were sent a survey that was many pages long. Besides answering questions, part of it asked for input on how to improve TV. I made two suggestions. Since this is mainly a senior audience, can't seat backs be added to the bleachers at Brownwood. This would also aid when walking up and down the aisles as a handhold.

Second suggestion was after the pavers were installed at SS a couple of years ago they added umbrellas. With the large areas of concrete at LSL and no shade from bright sunlight except under the trees at the edge. I requested similar umbrellas be installed in the large open concrete areas or to cover the entire middle area with a sail type roof such as Pier 6 in Baltimore and many other outdoor pavillions.

I've never heard from back TV and as you can see, we still don't have shade at LSL or bleacher backs at BW.

Spanish Springs after pavers and umbrellas added

The Villages Florida

Pier 6 at Baltimore Inner Harbor

The Villages Florida

Last edited by John_W; 04-22-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:21 PM
Sage

Check at your neighborhood pool/mail station. There should be a box with yellow suggestion forms. Fill one out and return it to the slotted box labeled CIC Suggestions. Or you csn fill one out on the CIC website...

Villages CIC – The Villages(R) Community Improvement Council

The CIC cannot guarantee that your suggestion will be implemented. But we (yes, I'm a member ) can guarantee that it will be reviewed by the proper office(s).

Last edited by Polar Bear; 04-22-2017 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Check at your neighborhood pool/mail station. There should be a box with yellow suggestion forms. Fill one out and return it to the slotted box labeled CIC Suggestions. Or you csn fill one out on the CIC website...

Villages CIC – The Villages(R) Community Improvement Council

The CIC cannot guarantee that your suggestion will be implemented. But we (yes, I'm a member ) can guarantee that it will be reviewed by the proper office(s).
Thanks Polar Bear - that's the answer to my question!
Good news - I will have a go
Closed Thread

Tags
sun, suggestion, communicate, it”, covering

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.