AT&T Wireless

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Default AT&T Wireless

I have AT&T wireless which works quite well in Ohio but has connectivity issues in my home in the Village of Charlotte. Does anyone else have any experience, positive or negative, with ATT south of 466A? My wireless contract has expired so I am attempting to find a better wireless service. Thanks! Lark
Old 11-22-2014, 06:18 PM

I live in Sanibel and have great coverage. Some of my neighbors that have Verizon have terrible service and have to walk outside to talk. Each area is different.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:54 PM
Sage

Same queation from me. Live in gilchrist and considering att
Old 11-22-2014, 11:44 PM

I live in the Village of Charlotte and have ATT. My coverage was horrible; only got one bar at home. I had to talk outside but with difficulty as well. ATT said towers were weak at Brownwood. I received a credit for a micro-tower and now have great coverage. I'm not sure they are still giving the credit but it's worth a try.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I live in the Village of Lake Deaton, just east of Brownwood, and have ATT. The overage is marginal - 1 or 2 bars. In our previous home (not in The Villages) we tried the ATT micro-cell box. I found it to be poorly engineered as it consistently dropped the 5-bar micro-cell signal for a weaker cell-tower signal. Second level support at ATT told me they work best when you have no cell-tower coverage and not so great when you have poor cell-tower coverage because of the issue I experienced. I sent it back. Perhaps they work better now. For those who aren't familiar with it, it creates a small cell zone in your house and routes the call through your broadband internet connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSGirl View Post
I live in the Village of Charlotte and have ATT. My coverage was horrible; only got one bar at home. I had to talk outside but with difficulty as well. ATT said towers were weak at Brownwood. I received a credit for a micro-tower and now have great coverage. I'm not sure they are still giving the credit but it's worth a try.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:21 AM

Live in Mallory and we have AT&T cell. We have had the service for one year. I usually have 1-3 dropped calls in our home per week. After reading the posts we will look into micro tower. Other than that we are happy with the service.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:49 PM
Veteran member

The experience south of 466A is very reminiscent of the AT&T service in the Buttonwood area when we bought 3 years ago. It took a bit but AT&T beefed up their tower coverage (it was even bad in Lake Sumter Sq back then) and now it's great. We were fortunate that the POA negotiated a deal with AT&T that allowed us to purchase micro towers at a reduced cost which got us through until the new towers were in place. If you can get AT&T to give you one or at a significantly lower cost, then they're great (the first generation were problematic - I had no trouble with the later one I got) and you can probably re-sell it on EBay after you no longer need it for more than you paid for it (assuming you can get one for less than $100!)
Old 11-23-2014, 04:10 PM
Veteran member

Had bad service with AT&T in Sanibel. Now live in Collier and bad there too.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:21 PM

We have both the AT&T Home Phone station and iphone cell phones and have never had a problem with any of them here in the village of Hillsborough. I've heard that they are getting ready to turn on more antennas/towers in the Brownwood/Wildwood area. Not sure if that's true or not.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
We have both the AT&T Home Phone station and iphone cell phones and have never had a problem with any of them here in the village of Hillsborough. I've heard that they are getting ready to turn on more antennas/towers in the Brownwood/Wildwood area. Not sure if that's true or not.
I heard that 2 years ago when we first moved here. (
Old 11-26-2014, 10:04 AM

All carriers will have their coverage problems depending on location. You need to get a micro cell from AT&T. I had to do this 6 months ago and I now get 5 bars and no dropped call problems in Gilchrist.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.