Teenagers

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2014, 08:51 PM
Default Teenagers

Going to be in the villages for a week with two 18 yr old girls. Suggestions to keep them from not dying from boredom?
Old 07-22-2014, 09:08 PM
Sage

All call going out for two 18 year old boys!
Old 07-22-2014, 09:30 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

It's hard on older teens. Obviously, there's the amusement parks (if they're seriously into rides, skip Disney). Seems like most teens love to drive the golf carts, especially alone. So, depending on how responsible they are, that is an option.

If they like games, there's plenty of those in the rec centers. Ditto exercise classes. And, of course, there's the movies and pools.

Other things off campus they might enjoy is horseback riding, taking some of the boat excursions, visiting local farms to pick fruit and produce.

Good luck!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-23-2014, 05:00 AM
Veteran member

That would be a hard one, But I would agree with going to some of the parks. I would go to Universal Studios and Island of Adventure. Expensive for one day both parks but worth it. Got Daytona Beach not far and the west coast beaches not far. Got theaters at the squares. Like the other poster stated, they could adventure out on golf cart. If they work out, maybe they could go to the MVP at Brownwood. There is a lot to do, just depends on how active they are and if they drive and so on.

But I would check into the the Universal Deal.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistybuffy1 View Post
Going to be in the villages for a week with two 18 yr old girls. Suggestions to keep them from not dying from boredom?
They are adults at age 18, but not adult enough to enjoy The Villages. My 19 year old daughter and her small group of friends (some age 18) could not make it past two days and they took off for Miami. I wish you luck.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:18 AM
Sage

Play golf!

There is the most favorite activity in TV, BOWLING!!!!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 07-23-2014, 09:07 AM

Zip lining is awesome for 18 y/o girls. I took my grand daughter and she still talks about it. Check this website and watch the videos!

https://www.zipthecanyons.com/
Old 07-23-2014, 09:42 AM
Platinum member

Reminds me of what George Burns said, at age 93, about 18 y/o girls.
Humor!
"I liked them when I was 18, so why shouldn't I like them now?" he said. "I would go out with women my age, but there are no women my age."
Suffering from TV envy
Old 07-23-2014, 10:19 AM

My 18 year old niece was down for 9 days and I had the same concerns. She wanted to go to Disney World, I didn't. My husband arranged for the two of us to go and spend one night and it was great for us to do some bonding. I had also looked into short cruises, but the timing was all off. We also went to Adventure Island to the water park, where we all had a blast! She loved driving the golf cart up to McD every morning at Colony...We took her to our favorite eating places and hung out in the pool. Before we knew it, the 9 days were gone and she was going home to Ohio.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:41 AM

Golf, touring The Villages and showing them where it all started, The Squares, billiards at the rec halls, some lunches and/or suppers at the area restaurants (we went to the Mallory, Cane Gardens a few times) board games (Sequence), shopping, the swimming pools, walking, jogging, a show at the Savannah Center.....just need a little imagination and planning. Our grandchildren (20, 18 and 14)were here for four days just prior to a going on a cruise. All I can tell you is that the report from them was that the cruise was boring and they're coming back to The Villages next year to spend time there. Young or old, it's always a beautiful day in The Villages.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:13 PM
Veteran member

Agree they will be bored, and you know what bored teens do….
Old 07-23-2014, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

ask them to do some volunteer work in the area
Old 07-23-2014, 12:16 PM
Sage

Drive over to St. Pete Beach for a great beach day. It is a 2 hour drive and is an easy day trip or stay overnight. I recently stayed at the Tampa Marriott Waterside which was a great place and Tampa is a good city to explore.

Combine that with Villages activities such as the evening entertainment on the squares - Lake Sumter Landing is the best, I think - relaxing at a pool, dinner at a restaurant in Winter Park, and the girls should have a good time.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.