Special Events Transportation

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Default Special Events Transportation

Now, I know we all weren't in Spanish Springs at 1030 this morning shopping and eating when I went for my appt and could barely find a parking spot! I know there were folks finding an early parking spot for the big festivities tonight. Based on what I saw there, I decided I'm going to stay home tonight. I can't imaging driving home afterwards with so much more traffic on the round-abouts with many folks who know their way around less than I do! (deep breath...whew). But it got me to thinking, why couldn't the tour buses be used for special events transportation from outlying parking lots, like country clubs, or village pools or something along those lines. Heck, I'd be willing to spend a buck RT to be offered hourly transportation to and from and not have to worry about driving or finding a parking spot THAT WAS GONE AT 10AM. I also think it would lessen our carbon footprint (thought I'd throw that in to ruffle some feathers!!! ).
Old 12-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapple View Post
Now, I know we all weren't in Spanish Springs at 1030 this morning shopping and eating when I went for my appt and could barely find a parking spot! I know there were folks finding an early parking spot for the big festivities tonight. Based on what I saw there, I decided I'm going to stay home tonight. I can't imaging driving home afterwards with so much more traffic on the round-abouts with many folks who know their way around less than I do! (deep breath...whew). But it got me to thinking, why couldn't the tour buses be used for special events transportation from outlying parking lots, like country clubs, or village pools or something along those lines. Heck, I'd be willing to spend a buck RT to be offered hourly transportation to and from and not have to worry about driving or finding a parking spot THAT WAS GONE AT 10AM. I also think it would lessen our carbon footprint (thought I'd throw that in to ruffle some feathers!!! ).
How do you hold a parking space??
Old 12-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapple View Post
thanx for jumping in with your thoughts...i made that suggestion almost a year ago - having the trolleys loop from rec ctrs to squares...it's a great idea...as long as ya don't miss the last trolley back to your rec ctr! lol

Old 12-01-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
thanx for jumping in with your thoughts...i made that suggestion almost a year ago - having the trolleys loop from rec ctrs to squares...it's a great idea...as long as ya don't miss the last trolley back to your rec ctr! lol
It would be interesting to hear back about what folks thought of the traffic flow. The previous post asked how you hold a parking spot and when I think about it, there's no public transport to return home if you're taking your cart in earlier, but it must go along with "chair savers"...who saves those seats? Even the business that I went to said they never saw so many vehicles without people milling around. Whether I'm right or wrong on the holding of parking spaces, I still think special events buses would be an excellent idea! Think of all the alcohol that could be sold!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.