Thank You TOTV …

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgjim View Post
I have fond memories of Bay Ridge. I was stationed at Fort Hamilton in the early 90's and my sons spent their pre-middle school years at PS 185. Although Brooklyn is great, I think you'll like The Villages even more.

Welcome home!
We lived about a mile from Fort Hamilton. Brooklyn was great but, sadly, it has changed. The ever popular Bay Ridge has gotten so congested that it is impossible to find parking anywhere along Third or Fifth Avenues to shop. We have been here for less than 3 weeks and I can already sense a major reduction in our stress levels. I know we are going to love it here -- we already do.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Thank you for great feedback!
Old 05-04-2016, 05:45 PM
Default jealous!

Wife and I visited friends in TV last fall, wife decided TV is where she wants to be. Came back to Vermont, put our house on the market, 6 months later and we are still searching for a buyer. We certainly hope to end the selling process soon and join you in TV. Enough snow shoveling for us! BTW, Congrats on your relo!
Old 05-04-2016, 06:01 PM

Welcome, in Asland, great location,great people. Been here for 3 yrs LOVE it. ENJOY
Old 05-05-2016, 08:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
We lived about a mile from Fort Hamilton. Brooklyn was great but, sadly, it has changed. The ever popular Bay Ridge has gotten so congested that it is impossible to find parking anywhere along Third or Fifth Avenues to shop. We have been here for less than 3 weeks and I can already sense a major reduction in our stress levels. I know we are going to love it here -- we already do.
Originally from NY myself, it's a different pace and lifestyle, here in TV. It also helps to be retired! LOL

BTW - Three years and still loving it!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 05-05-2016, 12:32 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

TOTV has provide answers to questions I did not even know I had. It has been an incredible site, not only for information relating solely to The Villages, but for age related questions of SS, health and more.

Thank all of you have spent time helping others!

β€œTo argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-05-2016, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

TOTV has been an amazing way of funneling information to us and making friends we haven't met yet. We have shared some laughs and sorrows with many people. I believe it's the sense of community and the free sharing of information from people who face the same daily trials as we do that is an attraction. I love to consider other people's point of view and respect 99% of the other people who share. A few are just clowns. I also decided to stay away from the political forums as it serves no purpose because of the beer muscles syndrome because everyone shares as a guest. No accountability tends to have people share bologna. Other than people passing away the only thing that really bothered me was the day THEVILLAGECHICKEN hung it up and gave up his or her account. I hope whoever it was is OK. Bravo to TOTV without your service and the fine people on here I would have been stuck in New Jersey until the end. Thank You All !
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, home, totv, arrived, feel, knew, years, nearby, lynnhaven, apartment, started, house, day, village, rental, days, criticisms, closed, compliments, share, candid, views, april, contract, hunting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.