They're back!

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2017, 08:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default OhioBuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray607 View Post
The Spring Braakers are back. And no trouble knowing it. I went from West end of Pinellas to Sarasota this morning and saw a lot of trash along the trail. Much more than usual!

So, you are of course going to ask how I know it was the spring breakers. Well, when I later went to Brownwood, and just as I was entering the the tunnel after Eisenhower, a cart came. charging out of the tunnel going the opposite way accompanied by shrieks of laughter and a soda bottle went flying from the passsnger side into the vegetation. As I went through the tunnel, I ran over a soda can. I wasn't able to turn around to talk to the offenders.
I guess it is an annual right of passage we have to bear each year. But, where are the parents and grandparents in this? You would expect the kids to be schooled in proper behavior when visiting here.
OK, I'm going to be a little bit of a prude now. TV tell us about speed limits & what it cost if you got caught speeding, I know you're not talking about speeding but to get to my point, just like the ones throwing trash out along cart paths, WHO'S GOING TO CATCH THEM, there's no security or police sitting anywhere catching them. Yes, TV is just like any other town or city in the U.S. If nobody is out there writing tickets what do we expect! All the good people do is complain & if TV or the police expect to catch these slobs that trash our beautiful place they expect to be paid & if money is involved nobody wants to spend it because TV expects to make money not spend it. Guess I don't know what the solution really is!
Old 03-21-2017, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
OK, I'm going to be a little bit of a prude now. TV tell us about speed limits & what it cost if you got caught speeding, I know you're not talking about speeding but to get to my point, just like the ones throwing trash out along cart paths, WHO'S GOING TO CATCH THEM, there's no security or police sitting anywhere catching them. Yes, TV is just like any other town or city in the U.S. If nobody is out there writing tickets what do we expect! All the good people do is complain & if TV or the police expect to catch these slobs that trash our beautiful place they expect to be paid & if money is involved nobody wants to spend it because TV expects to make money not spend it. Guess I don't know what the solution really is!

I am not sure why you would blame "TV" for this. It seems foolish to me to hire people to police kids who are only here for a short time, but I am a very conservative person with money.

The real truth is that 15 people have died here in The Villages in the last nine years due to Golf Cart accidents and dozens have been injured, many seriously. They aren't toys and shouldn't be given to kids to play with. It took most of us several months to learn our way around and master some of the challenges of this big place driving a golf cart. I really do believe that many of these accidents were due to drinking and some of them due to inexperience driving ANYTHING and a few were due to people who had lost their regular license for any number of reasons.

THIS TO ALL READERS; Just remember how much you love these kids and do everything you can to protect them, and to protect the rest of us.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-21-2017 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray607 View Post
The Spring Braakers are back. And no trouble knowing it. I went from West end of Pinellas to Sarasota this morning and saw a lot of trash along the trail. Much more than usual!
I grew up in Pinellas County (St. Petersburg) and when I read the OP's post and he's talking about spring breakers, I'm thinking of college kids on the beach. Then I started to wonder about this trail all the way to Sarasota, and that's when I realized he's talking about TV.
Closed Thread

Tags
tunnel, soda, spring, back, turn

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.