Today I Realized The Value of Our Gates

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2017, 10:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
Why live in a golf cart community if you're going to drive your car everywhere.? Never understand people saying if it's more then a 20 minute ride I'll take the car. You see things in your cart you'll never see in a car. People that need to use their cars are the same folks that never stop & smell the roses...JMHO

I love my cart, but...I have a need for speed, hauling, and keeping the wife happy.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:09 AM
Default gates at guard houses

they open gates as soon as someone gets in that line,why don't they stop them, tell them to pull up to gate so they then can see the carts and then open it.at least then carts and vehicles can see each other.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Ok let's talk about the idiots in cars. You know the ones that change lanes in roundabout, stop in roundabouts , exit from the right lane at the 3rd exit of roundabout. Don't stop at 4 way stop signs, but stop when entering roundabout when NO traffic coming in the roundabout. Not using blinker lights. IMO safe to say there enough idiots to go around. This golf cart community safety is shared, gates left open is not in the best interest of this community, especially during snowbird season.
Ok i agree there are idiots in cars as well but golf carts playing chicken with cars is not a smart move when merging into traffic without signaling or yielding when they don't have the right of way.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Me me me i i i
Old 03-23-2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Wouldn't it have been more enjoyable to drive your car?
Absolutely NOT!!! Part of what makes the villages great is being able to take your cart.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:17 AM

I think you have it wrong Chellybean. It has nothing to do with who has the right of way. It has to do with respect and courtesy of the roads. I have witnessed cars speeding up when cart paths join the roads just so they don't have to end up behind the cart and I have seen carts pull out in front of cars just so the car can't pass them. It is the job of every driver, car or cart, to be responsible on the roads.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
Ok i agree there are idiots in cars as well but golf carts playing chicken with cars is not a smart move when merging into traffic without signaling or yielding when they don't have the right of way.
It is scary how many golf-cart drivers decide at the last minute to make a left turn without signalling.
Perhaps they are newbies or renters who aren't sure where they're going.
We need to be especially vigilant at this time of year; and we all need to work together to protect these people from themselves.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
My bigger concern is the crossing at Morse and Bonita where there is no gate. Cars fly through there with nothing to slow them down. This is the only entrance into TV where there is a cart crossing with no gate that I know of.
Old Mill Run at BV
Old 03-27-2017, 08:22 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Be very, very cautious crossing behind broken gates with the stop signs. Some cars will not stop and don't slow down regardless of what's behind the gate and some don't care!
Old 03-27-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
let see how much trouble this starts.
Number one it is a privilege to drive a cart on the roads and they do not have the right of way.
on top of all the cart idiots that come out of the cart lane with out using there signal or yield the right of way to the cars.
again carts do not have the right of way on top of the gate attendant can't see the cross path of the golf carts and that isn't there responsibility to keep cart traffic moving but to keep cars moving.
Lets see how many angry people get pis*ed off on this comment that think carts have the right of way!
Couldn't agree more, a golf cart does not have the right of way. How many times do you have to tell people that if a car and golf cart tangle, guess who wins......
Old 03-27-2017, 10:56 AM

I think if you talk with the gate attendants you will find that their job is to keep automobile traffic flowing through the gates. If there is a backup of autos/trucks at the gate, they are the priority, not golf cars at the crossing. I personally don't like having to wait forever to cross at some of the gates, but accept it as a part of living here. I always seem to be able to get where I want within a reasonable time.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:57 AM

Exactly!
Old 03-27-2017, 11:13 AM

Thank you for posting this. I have a complaint, as well as a compliment, about the gates. When a resident is almost through the gate area some of the attendants will open the guest gate at the same time. Usually these are construction trucks and they drive through making the resident pause mid-way to let the truck pass. I'm going to be really mad if the gate crashes down on the back of my car. On the compliment side, these gates have probably saved life and limb of some in golf carts. IMHO the gate keepers need training on keeping the gate!
Old 03-27-2017, 11:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnWM158 View Post
Thank you for posting this. I have a complaint, as well as a compliment, about the gates. When a resident is almost through the gate area some of the attendants will open the guest gate at the same time. Usually these are construction trucks and they drive through making the resident pause mid-way to let the truck pass. I'm going to be really mad if the gate crashes down on the back of my car. On the compliment side, these gates have probably saved life and limb of some in golf carts. IMHO the gate keepers need training on keeping the gate!
i have also experienced the same thing and during the season we all need to be careful.'
Unfortunately the residents are left the burden to watch out for the visitors.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
It is scary how many golf-cart drivers decide at the last minute to make a left turn without signalling.
Perhaps they are newbies or renters who aren't sure where they're going.
We need to be especially vigilant at this time of year; and we all need to work together to protect these people from themselves.
I watched 2 today.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Closed Thread

Tags
gate, cart, traffic, left, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.