Out with Comcasst! Finially

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Default Out with Comcasst! Finially

We decided to go with Century Link--Had enough of rude people when you call Comcast to see why they keep raising their rates--
Question does anyone know where the Comcast location is here in the Villages is so we can drop off their equipment?

Eddie and Susan
Old 07-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Platinum member

I love Comcast, anytime I have to talk to a stupid person (everytime I call) I make them pay me $10.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doran View Post
We decided to go with Century Link--Had enough of rude people when you call Comcast to see why they keep raising their rates--
Question does anyone know where the Comcast location is here in the Villages is so we can drop off their equipment?

Eddie and Susan
We tried to return our equipment a the Comcast office on 27/441 near St John's Seafood. There was a line way out the door. We drove to the leasburg office. Much nicer and just a short wait with chairs to sit on.
Tampa, FL
Old 07-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

It's up on 441 I believe it's the Publix Shopping Center past the Hospital. Bring your lunch. Good luck with Century Link If u thought Comcast was bad beware.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Sage
Default The future is "Bright"

sorry for all of your troubles with Comcast and Century Link. Do yourself a favor and get Brighthouse. We are very pleased with them.. Very good customer service!
Old 07-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Veteran member

I wish we could get brighthouse. Can't get it only available in the newer sections of the villages. Have called them but no luck in getting it here.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
We tried to return our equipment a the Comcast office on 27/441 near St John's Seafood. There was a line way out the door. We drove to the leasburg office. Much nicer and just a short wait with chairs to sit on.
Where is the Leesburg store
Old 07-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
I love Comcast, anytime I have to talk to a stupid person (everytime I call) I make them pay me $10.
Patty55 Your a trip find your responses so entertaining, creative and funny. Thank you for all the laughs
Old 07-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Platinum member

Try Brighthouse when you're done with CenturyLink. You'll be happier.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Email Reported As Spam

To the OP

I have never found a Comcast employee who was rude or disrespectful. quite the contrary I have found most very helpful and quick to respond.

In that same vein I can also say the same about Century Link. However we switched to Comcast because we found their products to be quality and offering us more.

Brighthouse is limited in TV. Remember however that Brighthouse is no longer TimeWarner. We had TimeWarner's (Road runner) up in Minnesota and it was an outstanding product.

I opine others can decide
Old 07-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Where is the Leesburg store
It's not far.

Comcast - Leesburg
8130 Cr 44 Leg-a, Leesburg FL 34788
Phone Number352) 787-7875

I'd call for directions

We got rid of Comcast for our TV. Went with Dish
Use Vonage for phone
Still use Comcast for computer
Tampa, FL
Old 07-05-2013, 02:25 PM

The Leesburg office is near the airport and Babbette's furniture. Stay on 441 south and make a left on CR 44 Leg-a just before Babbette's. Office is on the left. From their parking lot you can look straight down the runway at the airport.

One tip. Web site says they are open on Monday's. They are not.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:47 PM

I went to the Leesburg store on Mon. they were closed. So I went back on Tues, there were 22 people in front of me. There were 3 employees. Another came back from break and a lady walked up to ask a question. Well, a man starts saying she is cutting in line. She went back to her seat and across the room they start screaming at each other (she was black and he was hispanic). They were cussing and calling each other names, finally I stood up and said I'll come back later. I was just returning a modem and wanted a receipt. So I thought I will just take my chance and drop it in the return box...they must not check it very regularly because it was so full the door wouldn't open...and it also had trash in it. So I went back in...looked at everyone and said I'm not cutting lines I just need to drop this off. The lady said just put it on the counter, so I hope I get credit. I have called 2 times and told them time and place that I dropped it. It was crazy in there.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Platinum member

You can mail it back and if you know how to hock they will pay the shipping.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj1213 View Post
I went to the Leesburg store on Mon. they were closed. So I went back on Tues, there were 22 people in front of me. There were 3 employees. Another came back from break and a lady walked up to ask a question. Well, a man starts saying she is cutting in line. She went back to her seat and across the room they start screaming at each other (she was black and he was hispanic). They were cussing and calling each other names, finally I stood up and said I'll come back later. I was just returning a modem and wanted a receipt. So I thought I will just take my chance and drop it in the return box...they must not check it very regularly because it was so full the door wouldn't open...and it also had trash in it. So I went back in...looked at everyone and said I'm not cutting lines I just need to drop this off. The lady said just put it on the counter, so I hope I get credit. I have called 2 times and told them time and place that I dropped it. It was crazy in there.
???? Were there any whites or Asians waiting?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.