Talk of The Villages




» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Today's Daily Sun Article
  #1  
Old 07-05-2013, 04:55 PM
perrjojo's Avatar
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mission Hills
Posts: 928
Default Today's Daily Sun Article

Today's Daily Sun had a great article about the Mulit Modal Paths. The article reminded us that the multi modal paths are for ALL to enjoy....not just golf carts. The paths are for use by walkers, joggers, bicycles, segways, roller blades. Paths are NOT to be used by Smart Cars or motorcycles. The article also stressed the need for care and courtesy by all.

Just my 2 cents worth: Those on the path are our neighbors or friends and family of our neighbors. Some may be careless, rude, inconsiderate or just plain stupid, but they are our neighbors. Please treat all of our neighbors with the courtesy and respect that you would want. They all pay the same fees to use the paths as you! It's a beautiful day in The Villages...do your part to keep it beautiful.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 07-06-2013, 06:56 AM
Schaumburger's Avatar
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Schaumburg, IL - Chicago suburb - TV Wannabee
Posts: 3,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Today's Daily Sun had a great article about the Mulit Modal Paths. The article reminded us that the multi modal paths are for ALL to enjoy....not just golf carts. The paths are for use by walkers, joggers, bicycles, segways, roller blades. Paths are NOT to be used by Smart Cars or motorcycles. The article also stressed the need for care and courtesy by all.

Just my 2 cents worth: Those on the path are our neighbors or friends and family of our neighbors. Some may be careless, rude, inconsiderate or just plain stupid, but they are our neighbors. Please treat all of our neighbors with the courtesy and respect that you would want. They all pay the same fees to use the paths as you! It's a beautiful day in The Villages...do your part to keep it beautiful.
I was able to read this article on the on-line edition of The Daily Sun. Agree with you -- it was a great article.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 07-06-2013, 07:15 AM
asianthree's Avatar
Sage
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fernandina snowflake
Posts: 3,849
Default

so not for the suv...maybe this will help those who try to use them with their cars
__________________
Do not worry about things you can not change
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 851
Default

What about street legal carts and gem cars should they be on the path.Personally I dont think they should but whatever. Is'nt that why they wanted street legal so they didnt have to run the path.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #5  
Old 07-06-2013, 07:31 AM
aln's Avatar
aln aln is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
What about street legal carts and gem cars should they be on the path.Personally I dont think they should but whatever. Is'nt that why they wanted street legal so they didnt have to run the path.
They CANNOT use streets such as hwy 466. Street legal are only supposed to go 25 mph and not allowed on streets with speed limits above 35 mph.

SOOOOO yes they can and must use multi-modal paths in a case like that.
__________________
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-06-2013, 08:34 AM
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Villages
Posts: 1,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Today's Daily Sun had a great article about the Mulit Modal Paths. The article reminded us that the multi modal paths are for ALL to enjoy....not just golf carts. The paths are for use by walkers, joggers, bicycles, segways, roller blades. Paths are NOT to be used by Smart Cars or motorcycles. The article also stressed the need for care and courtesy by all.

Just my 2 cents worth: Those on the path are our neighbors or friends and family of our neighbors. Some may be careless, rude, inconsiderate or just plain stupid, but they are our neighbors. Please treat all of our neighbors with the courtesy and respect that you would want. They all pay the same fees to use the paths as you! It's a beautiful day in The Villages...do your part to keep it beautiful.
Well said!!!! Thank you for posting!! Also to the poster who doesn't want LSV's on the paths...they are entitled as well.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #7  
Old 07-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Sage
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,366
Default

The Daily Sun does have a way with marketing things. A multi-modal path that by its design places conflicting interests on the same pathway creating extraordinary hazards is well praised by said paper to be an engineering miracle.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-06-2013, 08:52 AM
perrjojo's Avatar
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mission Hills
Posts: 928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The Daily Sun does have a way with marketing things. A multi-modal path that by its design places conflicting interests on the same pathway creating extraordinary hazards is well praised by said paper to be an engineering miracle.
Don't worry, be happy!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-06-2013, 09:22 AM
memason's Avatar
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Villages
Posts: 1,758
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The Daily Sun does have a way with marketing things. A multi-modal path that by its design places conflicting interests on the same pathway creating extraordinary hazards is well praised by said paper to be an engineering miracle.
You're joking, right? Everyone that visits me thinks those paths are the most amazing things they have ever seen

I certainly would not characterize the pathways as creating "extraordinary hazards" for anyone.

But hey, that's just me . . .
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-06-2013, 09:38 AM
DonH57's Avatar
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Village Santo Domingo.
Posts: 832
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Default

I think the multi modal paths are great. I use them as much as possible to avoid the main roads and wish TV had more. I feel the only causes of hazards are careless operators. I see nothing wrong with the design of these paths. They are not perfect but better than nothing at all. If anything without these paths I think there would be many more car / cart accidents than there are now.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.