Today's Daily Sun Article

Closed Thread
Old 07-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post

I believe the article said use care and courtesy...Nuff said!
I agree!
Old 07-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Sage

Too, it's a sad life for those who have nothing better to do than bitch about those who have questions about safety.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Sage

Quote:

I believe the article said use care and courtesy...Nuff said!
It's not enough said: The problem is that many drivers don't seen to realize that coming close to a walker is not using "care and courtesy." It seems that someone needs to tell them.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Sage

Would somebody notify the woman who walks on the multi-modal trail, in the right hand side with her back to carts etc coming up behind her, that it is extremely dangerous to have her eyes buried in the book she is reading and engrossed in while walking?

She was totally oblivious to cart and other traffic that could hit her accidentally.

I couldn't tell her when I saw her twice because I was passing by in my car on the regular street. This was on Morse Blvd. between Havana and Bonita Blvd.

Yes, she is a TV neighbor and deserves to use the multi-modal path, but sometimes walkers are not visible when a cart driver comes round a curve or to the top of an incline and suddenly, you're upon them--possibly too late. Or they are wearing dull/dark colored clothing that's hard to see.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:53 PM

First I would like to say that LSV's that are using the multi-modal paths are not to do over 20 mph. They can go 25mph when they r in the street. But even carts do more than 20 on the paths. Also when walking on the paths the pedestrian should remember to walk against traffic so they can see the carts, bikes or whatever and we can see them. It's for their own safety.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

One time when travelling in the southbound cart lane on Morse I came up upon a lady walking same direction, with headphones blaring music, and reading a book I waited for cars to pass and signalled to pass going around her, she gave me the dirtiest look. I gave her plenty of space so I don't know what her problem was other than not being aware of her surroundings like she should have been.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
It's not enough said: The problem is that many drivers don't seen to realize that coming close to a walker is not using "care and courtesy." It seems that someone needs to tell them.
RE: Daily Sun article.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I believe these drivers certainly DO know that their actions are not careful or courteous but they fall into the second category I mentioned...careless, rude, inconsiderate or just plan stupid. As Ron White says, "you can't fix stupid".
Old 07-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Email Reported As Spam

The political correct crowd is at it again. Offer a different opinion about a TV feature and your a miserable so and so. Well like all politically correct responses like your a racist, et al you lost your argument because you have no argument. I may or I may be not be happy which has nothing to do with my comments made regarding the cart paths. My comments expressed the fact that Ï didn't just fall out of a tree." Apparently many people do not recognize the ever present hazards. Golf carts going in excess of 19.9mph rounding corners too fast or driving on the wrong side of the path. Carts going too slow and many carts committing unsafe passing because their impatient. Walkers at dawn or dusk in dark clothing with no reflectors or lights. Golf cart drivers who are ignorant of the fact that if a walker or bike is in their lane of traffic and there is an oncoming cart , etc that they have to come to a stop because the obstruction is in their path.

So before you call any one a constant complainer or whatever... you might want to learn the Rules of the Road, consider the width of the pathways, and calculate the combination and permutations of possible serious consequences they create because of their design. Now go back to your kool aide
Old 07-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The political correct crowd is at it again. Offer a different opinion about a TV feature and your a miserable so and so. Well like all politically correct responses like your a racist, et al you lost your argument because you have no argument. I may or I may be not be happy which has nothing to do with my comments made regarding the cart paths. My comments expressed the fact that Ï didn't just fall out of a tree." Apparently many people do not recognize the ever present hazards. Golf carts going in excess of 19.9mph rounding corners too fast or driving on the wrong side of the path. Carts going too slow and many carts committing unsafe passing because their impatient. Walkers at dawn or dusk in dark clothing with no reflectors or lights. Golf cart drivers who are ignorant of the fact that if a walker or bike is in their lane of traffic and there is an oncoming cart , etc that they have to come to a stop because the obstruction is in their path.

So before you call any one a constant complainer or whatever... you might want to learn the Rules of the Road, consider the width of the pathways, and calculate the combination and permutations of possible serious consequences they create because of their design. Now go back to your kool aide
I doubt anyone disagrees that there are problem drivers, walkers, cyclist, etc., nor do they disagree that there are hazards on the paths. There are also hazards on our roads and other places because of these same careless and inconsiderate people. BTW, my you can't fix stupid was directed at those who should and probably do know the "rules"but somehow don't think rules apply to them. It seems to me that the main intent of the article was to remind us that we should try to make the paths as safe as possible for ALL who use them. Now I'm off to have a nice tall glass of Kool Aid...
Old 07-06-2013, 03:16 PM

Hubby and I were driving our golf cart on the path along 466 and met up with 2 walkers who would not share the path. He said they were almost run over 3 times that morning. We completely stopped and they yelled at us for not sharing.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimivillager View Post
Hubby and I were driving our golf cart on the path along 466 and met up with 2 walkers who would not share the path. He said they were almost run over 3 times that morning. We completely stopped and they yelled at us for not sharing.
Can't cure stupid...but they are your neighbors...he he!
Old 07-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

It's ironic that none of the stupid, unfixable people are posters on TOTV. If they did post [or read], they might know how stupid they really are...
Old 07-06-2013, 03:55 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
I doubt anyone disagrees that there are problem drivers, walkers, cyclist, etc., nor do they disagree that there are hazards on the paths. There are also hazards on our roads and other places because of these same careless and inconsiderate people. BTW, my you can't fix stupid was directed at those who should and probably do know the "rules"but somehow don't think rules apply to them. It seems to me that the main intent of the article was to remind us that we should try to make the paths as safe as possible for ALL who use them. Now I'm off to have a nice tall glass of Kool Aid...
The kool aid comment was unnecessary Mi spiace ma (I'm sorry) but it seems to me to leave people exposed because of poor planning ,etc and then ask them to be safe is well disingenuous.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The kool aid comment was unnecessary Mi spiace ma (I'm sorry) but it seems to me to leave people exposed because of poor planning ,etc and then ask them to be safe is well disingenuous.
hey, the Kool Aid comment was a just kidding kinda thing. I'm sorry if you felt it offensive..I guess this is one of those times when then written word did not relate quite like the spoken word with a smile attached might. Again, no offense meant.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.