Tommy says hello

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2017, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
It has benn a long time since my last visit to TOTV.. i signed in to answer a private message. While I was on line I figured I drop a line to say hello to the old gang. TOTV was a great experience but it appears I wore out my welcome. Hope all is well with Gracie, Kathie I, Redwitch, Russ Boston, Joe Beja, Yorio, Phyliss, Lary B, Barry, bandavis, and all the others who made my transfer to The Villages an easy one.
Welcome back, we must have missed each other along the way. I grew up in East Meadow, what part of it did you live in? My parents have passed, but my niece still lives there.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:46 AM
Platinum member

I lived on Elmore Ave until 1979. Just off CHambers Ave near Prospect Avenue Elementry. Graduated ftom EMHS in 66.
I know of 7 EMS students between 66-69 who live in Te Villages.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
I lived on Elmore Ave until 1979. Just off CHambers Ave near Prospect Avenue Elementry. Graduated ftom EMHS in 66.
I know of 7 EMS students between 66-69 who live in Te Villages.
I lived on Irving Pl just off Lenox Ave until 1980, Know exactly where Elmore is. Went to Prospect Ave School 1964-68 (which is now a housing development), so I'm about 10 years younger than you. My brother graduated EMHS 1964 as did my sister in law.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:06 AM
Platinum member

EM was a great place to grow up. It is not the same anymore. I still live on LI (Ronkonkoma) go to Borrelli's three times a year or so. I spend Jan thru May in TV and a month in October.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
EM was a great place to grow up. It is not the same anymore. I still live on LI (Ronkonkoma) go to Borrelli's three times a year or so. I spend Jan thru May in TV and a month in October.
Last time I was on LI was for my Mom's funeral in 2011. Even Borelli's, a 70 year tradition wasn't the same. Most of the original owners in our neighborhood have passed and the new owners are completely different. Seems like everyone just goes their own way ignores their neighbors, quite a contrast with TV. At age 7 or 8 you could walk anywhere at night, now I'm not sure I would do that as an adult. As I look back, I think the turning point was when they built that 18 story monstrosity at Meadowbrook Hospital and turned it into NCMC and the dorms at Hofstra, giving the area its own skyline
Old 01-14-2017, 09:33 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Last time I was on LI was for my Mom's funeral in 2011. Even Borelli's, a 70 year tradition wasn't the same. Most of the original owners in our neighborhood have passed and the new owners are completely different. Seems like everyone just goes their own way ignores their neighbors, quite a contrast with TV. At age 7 or 8 you could walk anywhere at night, now I'm not sure I would do that as an adult. As I look back, I think the turning point was when they built that 18 story monstrosity at Meadowbrook Hospital and turned it into NCMC and the dorms at Hofstra, giving the area its own skyline
Even Salisbury Park/Eisenhouer Park is not the same. Getting. Tee times at the red, blue or white courses are impossible now. The just built a 7-Eleven across the street from Meadow Dairy and a Mosque just down the block. As Mr. Bob Dylan sang. "The times, they are a changin"

Tags
totv, line, joe, beja, yorio

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.