Traffic really that bad?

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2014, 06:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I believe the OP's intent was to include heavy traffic in the broad sense highways, pathways, stores, restaurants, etc.

I have lived in big cities and both had successfully adapted conditions to keep back ups at a minimum but i do not use such comparisons because such comparisons are just unnecessary distractions.. We are not discussing those cities we are discussing TV and this is where we live and this is what we as a residents should focus on to alleviate any problems.

Here in TV some roads are not conducive to today's traffic. The conservative speed limits create a problem as do people who seemed convinced that driving at 20mph anywhere is righteous. Add to that golf carts that are licensed for the road along with an increasing population both in and surrounding TV and you do have a traffic problem and it is heavily exacerbated . Now plug in all the golf course and construction equipment entering and exiting highways and you have a problem

I agree with the poster who made mention of the thread being hijacked . I am truly puzzled as to why any resident seems obligated and/or protective and continues to defend Villages Lake-Sumter, Inc.?
Well said. Yes, we don't live in a city of millions of residents, we live in a cluster of villages with a population that, including the surrounding areas, is probably less than 125,000. Clearly there is no way one could logically compare the two. Your comments regarding the conservative speed limits and the righteous drivers is spot on.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:04 AM
Default Traffic

I would ask the OP to contact me when his friends find a place with our amenitys and no traffic,when they do I'll be right behind them.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargee View Post
I would ask the OP to contact me when his friends find a place with our amenitys and no traffic,when they do I'll be right behind them.
And a slew of people will be right behind you, bargee!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
PLEASE don't say he is greedy. What if YOU were one of the folks who wanted to move here now? Just think of all of the years that you have enjoyed this place. And if you are not happy now, you have made a good investment, you can sell and make a profit.

Making a profit is what businesses do. Had you ever thought that Gary Morse might have all he needs and is concerned for all the people who work for him, continuing to work and take care of their families? And remember that town's grow and this one has had an orderly growth. I think that your criticism is unfair.
You are so right Gracie!!! You said it much better than I could have! That said, we recently did a "day-trip" over along one of the coasts. The traffic there was 'horrible' compared to what we have here. PLUS we were "up north" earlier this summer....traffic on the "frozen tundra" was pretty dense as well. I'll take our serenity here any day!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.