Trailwinds Village

Closed Thread
Old 02-29-2012, 11:19 AM
Gold member
Default Trailwinds Village

I noticed in The Daily Sun yesterday an article saying that Wildwood has approved rezoning of 157 acres along 466A for development. The change allows use of the land for a mix of retail, medical, office, residential, and recreational. This property is on the north side of 466A between Buena Vista and Powell Road. Below is the link to the town meeting minutes. Wish I knew how to reduce it to the applicable pages. Anyway pages 75 - 108 are pertinent to this project. I found pages 79 & 98 interesting.

http://www.wildwood-fl.gov/vertical/..._-_255_pgs.pdf
Old 02-29-2012, 12:56 PM

Thanks for posting this.

I welcome the proposed commercial development on that property.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:25 PM

Very interesting reading. We looked at some of those lots on the border of the pasture. We were told that the lots were about a $40,000 more. Figured it was only a matter of time before it was going to be developed. Too much of a risk not knowing what would be built, so we bought a resale designer in the Village Poinciana on a quiet cul-de-sac. Glad we did.

Looking at the maps, I wonder if all of the proposed development will be golf cart accessible? Didn't see any road connections to TV on the maps. Maybe some day there will be a cart trail along the golf course perimeter?
Old 02-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Veteran member

There has been talk of Wildwood becoming GC accessible and also main street which is 301 being moved back one block. Only a matter of time.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:13 PM

Wow!! Thanks for posting this. We just bought in Tamarind Grove and were a little concerned about the lack of shopping/restaurants close by (as compared with 466). It looks like there will be plenty of shopping and retail places just a golf cart ride away!!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebugs View Post
Wow!! Thanks for posting this. We just bought in Tamarind Grove and were a little concerned about the lack of shopping/restaurants close by (as compared with 466). It looks like there will be plenty of shopping and retail places just a golf cart ride away!!
I might have missed something in the reading.........but I don't know that this project will be directly golf cart accessible. TV isn't the developer and if it follows past history, golf cart access from TV will not be provided.

I do recall reading a past meeting agenda(s) from Wildwood that, as DDoug mentioned, providing golf cart access to and from Wildwood has been under discussion. Don't know the current status if it, though.

Bill
Old 02-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Default question

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk7951 View Post
I noticed in The Daily Sun yesterday an article saying that Wildwood has approved rezoning of 157 acres along 466A for development. The change allows use of the land for a mix of retail, medical, office, residential, and recreational. This property is on the north side of 466A between Buena Vista and Powell Road. Below is the link to the town meeting minutes. Wish I knew how to reduce it to the applicable pages. Anyway pages 75 - 108 are pertinent to this project. I found pages 79 & 98 interesting.

http://www.wildwood-fl.gov/vertical/..._-_255_pgs.pdf
Question: Where is Powell Road? If it is west of Buena Vista on the north side of 466A then how far down 466A is it? There are already signs, "St Lukes" or something offering commercial land for sale or lease. Is this the same area you are talking about? thank you
Old 02-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3puttharry View Post
Question: Where is Powell Road? If it is west of Buena Vista on the north side of 466A then how far down 466A is it? There are already signs, "St Lukes" or something offering commercial land for sale or lease. Is this the same area you are talking about? thank you
It's noted as CR 139, I believe, on most mapping services. Starts down at The Speckled Butterbean on SR44 and runs north from there.

Bill
Old 02-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default 139

Rt 139 & Powell road runs from 466A & County Cntr down to Rt 44. Rt 462 runs north from 466a then heads west to Rt301. It said GC will NOT be allowed to cross 466A and as for Wildwood the County did put a squash on that, However the County Center area will be GC assesable from the S/S of 466. Pinnelas Rd is supposed to go to just e/o the backside of the county center.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
I might have missed something in the reading.........but I don't know that this project will be directly golf cart accessible. TV isn't the developer and if it follows past history, golf cart access from TV will not be provided.

I do recall reading a past meeting agenda(s) from Wildwood that, as DDoug mentioned, providing golf cart access to and from Wildwood has been under discussion. Don't know the current status if it, though.

Bill

Yes, Wildwood powers that be have expressed an interest in golf cart access to the Main Street area. Buried in the project paperwork I did notice reference to golf carts being allowed in the development.
But I tend to agree with you regarding golf cart access from TV and in looking at the maps I can not find a space where they could build a path even if they had permission.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:

Bill
Go ahead...rain on my parade....
Old 03-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Quote:

Bill
This is a very true point. Several Retail Developments around TV have wanted to become golf cart accessible, and have been denied by TV. Case in point my Urology Dr is there across the back corner of Wal-Mart off 466. They got Sumter County permission to cross the County Road, and were going to pay the $66,000 out of their own pocket to make an actual golf cart path for use by them, the Luthern Church down the road, and the Assisted Living on that side of the road. They pressented it to the Morse's and they turned it down and told them that golf cart access to TV was a right for only TV residents and they controll it.

Army Guy
Old 03-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Sage
Smile

I'm just guessing that commercial rents are higher when the building is golf cart accessible.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:08 AM
Gold member
Default GC acc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
There has been talk of Wildwood becoming GC accessible and also main street which is 301 being moved back one block. Only a matter of time.
That would be pretty cool for us living near 466A.

I just got done reading the 255 page developemental study. I feel bad for the owners up near Ashley however it looks like they have to provide a nice25 ft buffer and not build lights or buildings that would impact their neighborhood.

We are below the proposed development however it will only be a matter of time before that is sold.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuys View Post
That would be pretty cool for us living near 466A.

I just got done reading the 255 page developemental study. I feel bad for the owners up near Ashley however it looks like they have to provide a nice25 ft buffer and not build lights or buildings that would impact their neighborhood.

We are below the proposed development however it will only be a matter of time before that is sold.
I can't get it to work on my computer for some reason. I don't recall an Ashley Village, Carguy.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.