» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
I might have missed something in the reading.........but I don't know that this project will be directly golf cart accessible. TV isn't the developer and if it follows past history, golf cart access from TV will not be provided.

I do recall reading a past meeting agenda(s) from Wildwood that, as DDoug mentioned, providing golf cart access to and from Wildwood has been under discussion. Don't know the current status if it, though.

Bill
Go ahead...rain on my parade....

Old 03-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Gold member

Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
I might have missed something in the reading.........but I don't know that this project will be directly golf cart accessible. TV isn't the developer and if it follows past history, golf cart access from TV will not be provided.

I do recall reading a past meeting agenda(s) from Wildwood that, as DDoug mentioned, providing golf cart access to and from Wildwood has been under discussion. Don't know the current status if it, though.

Bill
This is a very true point. Several Retail Developments around TV have wanted to become golf cart accessible, and have been denied by TV. Case in point my Urology Dr is there across the back corner of Wal-Mart off 466. They got Sumter County permission to cross the County Road, and were going to pay the $66,000 out of their own pocket to make an actual golf cart path for use by them, the Luthern Church down the road, and the Assisted Living on that side of the road. They pressented it to the Morse's and they turned it down and told them that golf cart access to TV was a right for only TV residents and they controll it.

Army Guy
Old 03-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Sage

Smile

I'm just guessing that commercial rents are higher when the building is golf cart accessible.
GC acc
Old 03-07-2012, 12:08 AM
Gold member

Default GC acc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
There has been talk of Wildwood becoming GC accessible and also main street which is 301 being moved back one block. Only a matter of time.
That would be pretty cool for us living near 466A.

I just got done reading the 255 page developemental study. I feel bad for the owners up near Ashley however it looks like they have to provide a nice25 ft buffer and not build lights or buildings that would impact their neighborhood.

We are below the proposed development however it will only be a matter of time before that is sold.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2012, 05:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuys View Post
That would be pretty cool for us living near 466A.

I just got done reading the 255 page developemental study. I feel bad for the owners up near Ashley however it looks like they have to provide a nice25 ft buffer and not build lights or buildings that would impact their neighborhood.

We are below the proposed development however it will only be a matter of time before that is sold.
I can't get it to work on my computer for some reason. I don't recall an Ashley Village, Carguy.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I can't get it to work on my computer for some reason. I don't recall an Ashley Village, Carguy.
I think he means Ansley Path which is a street in Tamarind Grove that borders the new developement
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Gold member

I'm not sure if the plan that is presented reflects reality or just concept, but if the former, those hoping for some big box stores like Lowes or Home Depot may be disapoointed since none of the retail buildings being projected are large enough for this use. Of course those who hate big box places will be elated.

The one thing about the plan that surprised me was the size and scope of assisted/independant living included in the plan.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
......those hoping for some big box stores like Lowes or Home Depot may be disapoointed since none of the retail buildings being projected are large enough for this use. .......
I believe there's anticipation of a shopping area being planned on down by Brownwood that's to include some larger stores. Here's a link:

Antrim Dells

Bill

Last edited by Bill-n-Brillo; 03-07-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Opps!
Old 03-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Gold member

Default Opps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Sorry Gracie and others! It was late. The homes effected are on or near Ansley Path and HopeSpring Loop. Must have had furnitue on my mind.

In that 255 page report are some very detailed color maps. As well as other information.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Gold member

Default report

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
I'm not sure if the plan that is presented reflects reality or just concept, but if the former, those hoping for some big box stores like Lowes or Home Depot may be disapoointed since none of the retail buildings being projected are large enough for this use. Of course those who hate big box places will be elated.

The one thing about the plan that surprised me was the size and scope of assisted/independant living included in the plan.
And I hope for the good residents of TV that they move those taller buildings down to the lower sections. I believe the Oak trees up there are going to be saved.

Quite a read of the environmental study in that report pertaining to a Eagle Nest and to wildlife pathways.

I read also that if the build is not started within 24 months the project can be sent back to another review or rejected?
Closed Thread