Trailwinds Village

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I can't get it to work on my computer for some reason. I don't recall an Ashley Village, Carguy.
I think he means Ansley Path which is a street in Tamarind Grove that borders the new developement
Old 03-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Gold member

I'm not sure if the plan that is presented reflects reality or just concept, but if the former, those hoping for some big box stores like Lowes or Home Depot may be disapoointed since none of the retail buildings being projected are large enough for this use. Of course those who hate big box places will be elated.

The one thing about the plan that surprised me was the size and scope of assisted/independant living included in the plan.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
......those hoping for some big box stores like Lowes or Home Depot may be disapoointed since none of the retail buildings being projected are large enough for this use. .......
I believe there's anticipation of a shopping area being planned on down by Brownwood that's to include some larger stores. Here's a link:

Antrim Dells

Bill

Last edited by Bill-n-Brillo; 03-07-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Gold member
Default Opps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I can't get it to work on my computer for some reason. I don't recall an Ashley Village, Carguy.
Sorry Gracie and others! It was late. The homes effected are on or near Ansley Path and HopeSpring Loop. Must have had furnitue on my mind.

In that 255 page report are some very detailed color maps. As well as other information.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Gold member
Default report

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
I'm not sure if the plan that is presented reflects reality or just concept, but if the former, those hoping for some big box stores like Lowes or Home Depot may be disapoointed since none of the retail buildings being projected are large enough for this use. Of course those who hate big box places will be elated.

The one thing about the plan that surprised me was the size and scope of assisted/independant living included in the plan.
And I hope for the good residents of TV that they move those taller buildings down to the lower sections. I believe the Oak trees up there are going to be saved.

Quite a read of the environmental study in that report pertaining to a Eagle Nest and to wildlife pathways.

I read also that if the build is not started within 24 months the project can be sent back to another review or rejected?
Old 11-13-2013, 07:19 AM

Update on Trailwind Villages North of 466A and West of Sandhill Golf Course:
Summary:
The project site comprises 157.02 acres located on the north side of CR-466A, between CR-
462A/Powell Road and S Buena Vista Boulevard. The property has CMU (Central Mixed Use)
future land use designation. In February 2012, the property was rezoned from CMU to PD
(Planned Development) by City of Wildwood Ordinance No. 2012-07. The City's
comprehensive plan and code requires CMU properties to be rezoned/master planned to PD in
order to develop them.

The applicant is requesting a comprehensive plan amendment to designate the property as a
RAC (Regional Activity Center) pursuant to Chapter 380.06(2)(e) of the Florida Statutes and
Rule 28.24.014(10) of the Florida Administrative Code, along with a corresponding
amendment to the PD zoning approval in order to develop the property with approximately 450
residential dwelling units (assisted living/skilled nursing and independent living), 500,000 sq.ft
of commercial sales, and 200,000 sq.ft of commercial office uses. Additional density/intensity
is allowed pursuant to the RAC thresholds for a mixed use development, however it is not
anticipated that the maximum intensity will be achieved based on the proposed uses. The
attached RAC map exhibit provides the conceptual mixture of uses. The Trailwind section starts about page 18 of the following:

http://www.wildwood-fl.gov/vertical/...PZ_Package.pdf
Old 11-14-2013, 10:40 AM

Very interesting for the 466A road. I noticed a retail store of 55000 square feet on the drawing. Be nice if it were a Costco.

But what I found interesting is the first part of the 255 pages. The big area south of SR 44 to the turnpike. Some 2300 acres of development over 20 years. I had mentioned in an earlier post I thought it was something Morse might get into but someone beat him to the punch
Old 11-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Veteran member

I believe the golf cart accessability issue is not in any way a deal breaker. If you drive through the parking lot of Walmart on 466, you'll see the cars outnumber golf carts at least 10-1. The big box stores will not be concerned about gc access. Are you telling me that if Costco, Trader Joes, Whole Foods or Meijer goes in there you wouldn't shop if you had to get there by car? IMHO only the smaller businesses need the gc access.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.