Trash cans at the mailboxes used as reycling bin

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2016, 03:58 PM
Gold member
Default Trash cans at the mailboxes used as reycling bin

I seem to remember reading somewhere years ago that the trash cans at the mailboxes were not to be used as recycling bins. I see people using them to dispose of flyers and junk mail every time I go to the mailbox. Also why would they even have a trash can at the mailboxes? They do have a no feces sign on some of them.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:48 PM
Veteran member

I dispose of my unwanted mail as I stand over the trash can. There is no rule against that. If I choose not to bring it home to throw it in the recycle can, it's my decision.
Why would they have trash cans at the mailboxes? Same reason they have them thousands of places all over the villages. So people can dispose of trash.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:11 PM
Sage

I throw mine in that trash can at the mailboxes. I could take it home and throw it in my trash can but it all ends up at the same place anyway.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
I dispose of my unwanted mail as I stand over the trash can. There is no rule against that. If I choose not to bring it home to throw it in the recycle can, it's my decision.
Why would they have trash cans at the mailboxes? Same reason they have them thousands of places all over the villages. So people can dispose of trash.
Same here. I get tons of trash mail. I dump it at the mail station.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:19 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
I seem to remember reading somewhere years ago that the trash cans at the mailboxes were not to be used as recycling bins. I see people using them to dispose of flyers and junk mail every time I go to the mailbox. Also why would they even have a trash can at the mailboxes? They do have a no feces sign on some of them.
Some people just don't recycle.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:25 PM
Default Recyclables are not trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Cigarette butts, chewing gum, candy wrappers, tissues etc are trash, hence the trash cans everywhere. Most junk mail is recyclable. Why not keep it out of the landfill?
Old 11-29-2016, 05:25 PM
Sage

Trump will pass an executive order allowing people to opt out of junk mail, displaced postal employees will be promoted to border patrol.

I saw it on Facebook, must be true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2016, 08:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opmoochler View Post
Cigarette butts, chewing gum, candy wrappers, tissues etc are trash, hence the trash cans everywhere. Most junk mail is recyclable. Why not keep it out of the landfill?
That would require effort........
Old 11-29-2016, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Really, this is what you have to beef about? Just be happy that the garbage cans are there and that people use them. The next thing you know people will be dissing truck stop sushi...
Old 11-29-2016, 11:37 PM
Gold member

I was just asking, and yes this all I have to worry about because my life is just so wonderful. If you don't want to recycle then don't it's nothing I worry about. So moderator you can close this thread because like so many a simple questions on this forum it brings negativity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2016, 11:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,623 Times in 5,201 Posts

I think recycling is a scam. I don't believe that most of what people try to recycle actually gets recycled. If recycling is so important, why have a trash can at the mailbox with no recycling instructions? Why not hire people who don't have jobs to separate the trash so people with jobs don't need to do it? Maybe this could reduce the welfare and food stamp programs.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 11-29-2016 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
I was just asking, and yes this all I have to worry about because my life is just so wonderful. If you don't want to recycle then don't it's nothing I worry about. So moderator you can close this thread because like so many a simple questions on this forum it brings negativity.

Nah, you've been on TOTV a whole lot longer than I have been without a bad word for anyone ever. Don't let the negativity get you down, I just learned that lesson with that NFL Kneeling thing...I don't even want to glorify it.
Truth be told I was a bit of a litter bug in NJ but broke the habit the moment I crossed into Florida. The clock is ticking we're in the 4th quarter it's time to clean up our act...thank's for pointing this out to me paisano.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
I seem to remember reading somewhere years ago that the trash cans at the mailboxes were not to be used as recycling bins. I see people using them to dispose of flyers and junk mail every time I go to the mailbox.
They have trash cans at the mailboxes for people that want to toss their junk mail and who don't worry about recycling.
People who recycle don't like the availability of the trash cans.
However it's a fact of life that not everyone worries about the environment.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Why not put one recycle can and one can for tissues and gum wrappers? Seems like an easy fix.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Hi MikeV, we take the junk mail home to recycle. Maybe, just maybe, you would have changed one person's mind about recycling, and that's a good thing!

So moderator, don't close the thread. It's ok to have respectful debate.
Closed Thread

Tags
trash, mailboxes, cans, mailbox, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.