Parades? Who wants them? Would not miss them.

View Poll Results: Parades on the Villages' squares?
Keep the parades. Love them. 78 37.14%
Limit number of parades on the Squares to one or two per year. 27 12.86%
Cancel the parades on Squares. Nuisance for traffic, businesses, etc. 10 4.76%
Would not miss them or do not care one way or another. 76 36.19%
Polo Grounds parades only. 7 3.33%
No opinion. 12 5.71%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 11-17-2012, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Default Parades? Who wants them? Would not miss them.

This is a poll on parades in the Villages on the Squares.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 11-17-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Sage

The results are not looking good for the parades. 15 do not want them or are indifferent about them. Only 7 love the Villages' parades.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:08 PM
Send a message via AIM to jim1941

I was in Spanish Springs last year when the German Fest Parade took place. Restaurants were busy and it was crowded. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

What's next.... the Cruise Ins?
Old 11-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

that tells us what those 32 people think/feel

btk
Old 11-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
This is a poll on parades in the Villages on the Squares.
I voted "no opinion" because the choice I was looking for does not exist. I don't go to the parades anymore but I'm glad they have them for the newbies. I thought they were a lot of fun when I first moved here but after 13years I'm not that interested anymore. But why should I vote against something that gives pleasure to so many people?

As far as parades being bad for trafic, well, that's tough cookies. Parades bring a lot of business to the merchants around the square and without successful merchants, the squares would not be the attraction that they are. Like it or not, it's part of the Villages lifestyle.

One choice should have been as follows: I seldom go to the parades anymore, but I'm glad they have them. That's what I would vote for.
The poll is biased!
Old 11-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Thumbs up Agree

I totally agree with Villages Pl, Billethkid, and jim1941!!!!
Thanks for posting.

Said it before and will say it again. All this shows is the FEW people who post on TOTV. It in no way is a scientific poll of the feelings of the whole active 80,000 villagers who live here.
Ask the people who actually work hard to put units in the parades. Or the large group of spectators who always over crowd the parade route.

This poll doesn't even limit the voters to people who live in the Villages or know anything about the Villages parades. Or the grandparents who look forward to take little grand babies who think the world is all loving and think these parades are great!

I'm off to the gym. So I won't get in an argument.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesports View Post
I totally agree with Villages Pl, Billethkid, and jim1941!!!!
Thanks for posting.

Said it before and will say it again. All this shows is the FEW people who post on TOTV. It in no way is a scientific poll of the feelings of the whole active 80,000 villagers who live here.
Ask the people who actually work hard to put units in the parades. Or the large group of spectators who always over crowd the parade route.

This poll doesn't even limit the voters to people who live in the Villages or know anything about the Villages parades. Or the grandparents who look forward to take little grand babies who think the world is all loving and think these parades are great!

I'm off to the gym. So I won't get in an argument.
How do you limit a poll to just Villagers? Or grandparents? Unless you make the votes public and everyone knows the personal details of anyone else there is no way to do this.

I do not go to many Villages parades but I clicked on "love them" because a lot of the people I know seem to enjoy them.

I doubt if any TOTV poll could be called "scientific". http://www.ehow.com/facts_5972574_sc...c-polling.html
Old 11-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I have no dog in this fight but it would seem that such events are good business for merhants. These events attract people who live within and outside The Villages. Those with small children and grandchildren certainly enjoy such events. Those proud of their heritage get a chance to strut their stuff. Groups like the cheerleaders, etc get an opportunity to perform. it is all good and I hope for the sake of people in and out of TV that they continue with the celebrations. God only knows we get enough bad news these days.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Smile You're a good man Tal.

Quote:
The results are not looking good for the parades. 15 do not want them or are indifferent about them. Only 7 love the Villages' parades.
I, like the others I agreed with... were just responding to this comment.

I agree with everything you said in the recent post.

And thanks for giving good info on many of your posts. I like info posts. But these polls don't mean much to me.

As was said already, I really want my newborns to enjoy these parades. I will live either way.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
I, like the others I agreed with... were just responding to this comment.

I agree with everything you said in the recent post.

And thanks for giving good info on many of your posts. I like info posts. But these polls don't mean much to me.

As was said already, I really want my newborns to enjoy these parades. I will live either way.
The more people who vote on the poll the more credible it will be. I know some of the people on TOTV are probably actually Sven from Stockholm, Sweden; Marge from Mankato, MN; Duke from Haven, ME; or maybe even Roxanne from Branson, MO. No way to really show just who is who. Who knows maybe we have a Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Angelina Jolie, Julia Roberts, or someone else on the TOTV board? You never know just whom you are talking to on the Internet.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Sage
Default 20 minute Villages' Columbus Day parade.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPzY2GWIPvk]Columbus Day Celebration and Parade THE VILLAGES, Florida Oct 7, 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

It is raining too.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Sage
Default The Villages, Florida, October 7, 2011 Columbus Day parade.

Quote:
Have not watched all this. Looks like it is from Lake Sumter Landing facing the Old Mill Playhouse near the ice cream place??
Old 11-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Lightbulb Tal

You don't balance the questions in your poll.

One is- Keep Parades, Love them

There is no- Hate Parades, do away with them- which is what you should of used to balance.

Closest you come is to cancel parades which has a very low number.

The all of above answer using- or don't care one way or another --doesn't mean people are against parades. It just means they don't care. That has the most right now but it just means people don't are.

How questions are worded is very important.

I don't know if you can follow all that...

Going to bed when the Syracuse game is over!!
Old 11-18-2012, 07:03 AM
Veteran member

Who do they hurt and who do they benefit? Look at all us TVers and friends, family, visitors at these parades. Hard to find a grump and a sad face in the crowds. Yep, I said "crowds". Doesn't take much for us to have a good time, at the time, most of the time.
I wonder how many of us in our first visit to TV happen to hit it when there was a parade, and didn't walk away saying "I gotta live in this place!"
BOOYAH!!
Old 11-18-2012, 08:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
You don't balance the questions in your poll.

One is- Keep Parades, Love them

There is no- Hate Parades, do away with them- which is what you should of used to balance.

Closest you come is to cancel parades which has a very low number.

The all of above answer using- or don't care one way or another --doesn't mean people are against parades. It just means they don't care. That has the most right now but it just means people don't are.

How questions are worded is very important.

I don't know if you can follow all that...

Going to bed when the Syracuse game is over!!
"Cancel the parades" pretty much implies that you hate them.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.