TV sales agents

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2017, 08:29 AM
Veteran member
Default TV sales agents

Recently sold house in The Villages. My advise to anyone dont go with TV sales to sell your pre owned. They will low ball your price. Go with an outside company. I made this mistake. I am now out of the rat race and happy to be away from it.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,299 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgind View Post
Recently sold house in The Villages. My advise to anyone dont go with TV sales to sell your pre owned. They will low ball your price. Go with an outside company. I made this mistake. I am now out of the rat race and happy to be away from it.

Interesting post but if you sold through The Villages what proof do you have that you would have got more with an outside agency ? Also if so would there have been a difference in time on the market ? I'm assuming you're convinced it sold too low that it must have sold very quickly. Did you talk with an outside agency before signing the seller's contract ? Why not ?
Old 02-15-2017, 09:30 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
There is no way you would know what an outside company would have gotten you. Even if they listed it higher, that doesn't mean you would have gotten it. And it's easy for someone to say after the fact that they could have gotten you more. No way to know.
You also have the right to tell a realtor to list it higher if you think they are too low.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,749 Times in 1,386 Posts

Last I knew how selling a home worked..... the seller was/is the decision maker!
Old 02-15-2017, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Last I knew how selling a home worked..... the seller was/is the decision maker!
I agree. Why accept a purchase offer that you felt was too low???? And if an "outside" realtor brought you the same purchase offer, would you have accepted it as well? Sorry, but this one is not on the realtor, it was your house and your acceptance of the offer.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Congratulations on the sale of your house.

Sounds like you made the right decision.

Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 02-15-2017, 09:52 AM
Sage

It's all on you.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:02 AM
Gold member

as a former realtor.....the only real way you know you sold the house for less than it was worth is the APPRAISAL.

If the home sold for $200 and the appraisal came in at $250

you lost....

But, if you sold for $245ish and the appraisal came in at $250....well....your on the money...

It always pays to know what you have got before you sell it. Spend around $200 or so to find out before hand.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Any listing agent should present you with numerous comparable sales in the last three months(easy to find in TV) From review of this info it would be reasonably easy to ascertain the approximate sales value of the property.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:06 AM
Sage

What I thought the Villages Sales Agents do is mark the price higher than an MLS agent would and then it sits on the market for awhile and then they mark it down to the price it should have been to begin with. The MLS agents seem to start out with the right price from the get go.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:14 AM

While it is scary, you're within your rights to refuse any offer. With every sale and purchase over our 35 years of buying and selling seven properties, we've accepted the first offer only once and we've never had our first offer accepted outright. Yes, we did lose out on one purchase but that's okay. With every sale, we had multiple real estate professionals provide their expertise and then chose which one to list the property. With that kind of decision, we need to go in with eyes wide open.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:32 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
What I thought the Villages Sales Agents do is mark the price higher than an MLS agent would and then it sits on the market for awhile and then they mark it down to the price it should have been to begin with. The MLS agents seem to start out with the right price from the get go.
My stepson works for the Villages Real Estate. He started here in 2005. He takes his job very serious and works really hard and gets information for his customers on sales in their area.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
My stepson works for the Villages Real Estate. He started here in 2005. He takes his job very serious and works really hard and gets information for his customers on sales in their area.
I have seen time and time again houses priced about $10,000 too high sit on the market for over 200 days. Then they get marked down $10,000 and all of a sudden they sell overnight. I watch the market carefully and see this often. It just happened to friends of ours. I knew from the start the realtor priced it too high. It sat for 262 days. Then they changed the price and it sold in one day. It's pretty easy to see with all of the houses listed in the paper every day. Some realtors like to show the new homes currently being built instead of the pre-owned and that doesn't help any either. Not sure if their commissions are higher on those or not. I'm sure your stepson works hard. There is no question that it is a difficult job.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:14 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Not so sure about Village agents

I recently listed with a Village Agent. I asked what my home should sell for and they told me. They then said to list at that number and I would get 95-97% of it. Of what it is worth is how I interpret that. Then I asked what she would suggest if someone offered 10 to 12000 less than the price they said it was worth and she said she would jump on it. Does that mean they don't know what it is worth or she is just interested in getting another star on her chart? I do not think she is working in synchronicity with us (her word) as she said she would be. I am sorry we listed with her. If things don't improve she will be a goner.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 02-15-2017, 12:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I'm very confused. You posted months ago complaining that your home was not selling and that you were 1 month away from the contract with TV expiring.
If it was so underpriced, seems like someone would have snatched it up right away instead of it sitting on the market for that long.
Closed Thread

Tags
sales, company, made, mistake, happy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.