TV sales agents

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2017, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I didn't think your home was attractively presented when I first saw the pictures. Perhaps the agent suggested some ideas to spruce up the very white kitchen and you preferred not to stage it or change it, I don't know. Either the quality of photography was not good or your home, like many of it's age could have benefited from a good power washing or coat of paint.

It feels like your post was a parting shot from someone who was not happy here.

I hope you bloom in your new garden.
I too felt the home showed its age and was not attractively presented. The pool area especially, since it seemed to have no space around most of it, and there was a kissing lanai behind. I know the OP didn't like it here, and her posts about selling her house seemed like "bad berries," as we say... somewhere. (I've lived so many places I forget where we picked that expression up.)
Old 02-27-2017, 01:04 PM
Sage

Never tried to get the last nickel out of any real estate we sold--the best feeling was to have the property in our tail lights--if its for sale get it off your brain--you'll live longer--every month its on the mkt--you're losing $$

We were living in a totally corrupt development run by a corrupt POA, we told our agent-we want it sold NOW, starting dropping the price $10K /week--our agent said"you're killing the comps" I said if you don't sell fast--"I will donate it to a minority church" it sold the following week--that was 6 months after I installed an indoor swimming pool for my wife. She would love being able to walk directly out of the master suite and swim
Old 02-27-2017, 01:05 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

"They will low ball your price". OP, I'm not sure what you meant by that statement but sounds like you had a price in mind but the village sales person market analysis came up with a lower number. Sometimes a homeowner believes their home is worth more because an exact model sold for more or was listed for more money. You can observe that two exact model homes in TV can sell for 30,000 to 50,000 more than another exact model. So many variables go into what a house will sell for and how long it will take to sell it. Interior upgrades, staging, decorations, cluter, and landscaping all pay a role in the price of your home. For this reason, I would accept a market analysis over an appraisal. An appraisal may not take into account all of those interior items that I mentioned. Sorry you didn't get the price you wanted for your home. Happy trails and sincerely hope you are "happy" in your subsequent home.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgind View Post
Recently sold house in The Villages....... I am now out of the rat race and happy to be away from it.
Congratulations on selling your home. Where are you living now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I have seen time and time again houses priced about $10,000 too high sit on the market for over 200 days. Then they get marked down $10,000 and all of a sudden they sell overnight. I knew from the start the realtor priced it too high.
As a retired real estate broker, I have one comment.
Usually it is the owner, and not the agent, who insists on listing the house higher than market value.
Closed Thread

Tags
sales, company, made, mistake, happy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.