two new cottages in silver lakes

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2014, 05:15 PM
Veteran member
Default two new cottages in silver lakes

two brand new cottages were listed on the villages website today. An Anchor and a Seabreeze. If you look them up on Zillow they appear as mobile homes sold in June.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:46 PM
Sage
For those that are wondering, the prices are $225,000 and $205,000. No photos available at this time.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
For those that are wondering, the prices are $225,000 and $205,000. No photos available at this time.
That sounds very reasonable given what they paid for the sites.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:24 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
two brand new cottages were listed on the villages website today. An Anchor and a Seabreeze. If you look them up on Zillow they appear as mobile homes sold in June.
joldnol - It would seem that those are the two that bkcunningham posted photos of last week. The Zillow listing would have been the one before the developer purchased the property as a part of the historic section renewal...which is why they are now on the Villages for sale listings.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:49 PM
Veteran member

a Realtor told us in June that multiple dilapidated units were bought and were being turned into cottages. I wonder how many more there will be?
Old 09-29-2014, 08:15 PM
Gold member

I was told that The Villages has purchased 90 properties on that side of town. Also told that the renovated Championship Golf Course and newly renovated club house will be open soon.

The timing of all has come together rather well hasn't it. Typical of how The Villages does things the right way!
Old 09-29-2014, 09:02 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
a Realtor told us in June that multiple dilapidated units were bought and were being turned into cottages. I wonder how many more there will be?
LOL re the Realtor's use of the word 'dilapidated'! Many folks believe that the new cottage homes are part of Lady Lake urban renewal!

Old 09-29-2014, 09:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy-Guy View Post
I was told that The Villages has purchased 90 properties on that side of town. Also told that the renovated Championship Golf Course and newly renovated club house will be open soon.

The timing of all has come together rather well hasn't it. Typical of how The Villages does things the right way!
Indy, I had heard 70 to 80 homes purchased...90 homes makes me even happier! And the Country Club will open soon as well! So glad we moved here when we did and are benefitting from so much new development without losing the wonderful sense of individuality that our homes and lots offer!

Old 09-29-2014, 09:59 PM
Veteran member

anyone know what other models they will be opening?
Old 09-29-2014, 10:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
I live in the neighborhood that these two homes are in. I can tell you that the manufactured homes that they removed were anything but dilapidated. In fact I've been really surprised that some very nice homes were removed when there are several dilapidated homes over here.

These prices are very surprising considering the fact that they paid well over $100,000 for the lots. I think that the one on my street is an Anchor and they paid $119,000 for the lot. When you consider the cost of removal, the cost of tearing down the additions and the driveways and walks I can't imagine that the developer is making any money on these homes.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:48 AM
Veteran member

dilapidated was my word, sorry didn't mean to offend anyone. I have seen some pretty rough looking units and just assumed it applied to these as well. I agree there can't be much profit considering how much was paid for the lots. A good sign of the developers intent.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.