Uber

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2015, 09:54 AM
Veteran member

All you have to do is look at their site to see what cities they are in.

https://www.uber.com/cities
Old 11-15-2015, 10:13 AM

Seems like a good, part time business for any qualified, safe-driving Villager to start.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

My cousin is staying in Hemingway and surprised that Uber isn't big here with all the medical facilities around. I understand that a smart phone and the ability to use one is needed, but those hurdles should become minimal and for many non existent by now. I would expect this to catch on in the near future.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:15 PM

Hey friends, you don't need to request Uber come to Villages...they already are coming here. Go online, create an account and request a driver. It really is that simple! You can also learn how to become an Uber driver if you want to work part time.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredthefisherman View Post
Hey friends, you don't need to request Uber come to Villages...they already are coming here. Go online, create an account and request a driver. It really is that simple! You can also learn how to become an Uber driver if you want to work part time.
Well, maybe someone with a smart phone will do as you suggest and see if they get connected with an Uber driver.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:01 PM
Location: Living in the Villages after 26 years on the Upper Westside of Manhattan!

I haven't been successful in finding uber drivers in The Villages yet! This is a wonderful place for the service since many of us are sharing a car and it would also offer great, flexible employment opportunities for local drivers!
formerly of Manhattan and weekends on the Jersey Shore--now living the dream in Caroline!
Old 11-16-2015, 11:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Hey friends, you don't need to request Uber come to Villages...they already are coming here. Go online, create an account and request a driver. It really is that simple!
Can you provide a website address so we can go online and create an account and request a driver.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:52 AM

Go to your applications icon on your smartphone , type in uber and that's all it takes. They will ask for credit card info etc but to set it up only takes a few minutes.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:48 AM

Uber Black is now at Orlando Airport.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Can you provide a website address so we can go online and create an account and request a driver.
fredthefisherman, you seem to know a lot about Uber. Could you please provide a website address? (I don't have a smart phone).
Old 11-21-2015, 11:18 AM
Veteran member

www dot uber dot com

But I don't think that there is a way to use Uber without a smartphone. Also Uber doesn't list The Villages or any place in the 32162 or 32163 zipcode as an area is services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
fredthefisherman, you seem to know a lot about Uber. Could you please provide a website address? (I don't have a smart phone).
Old 11-21-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
www dot uber dot com

But I don't think that there is a way to use Uber without a smartphone. Also Uber doesn't list The Villages or any place in the 32162 or 32163 zipcode as an area is services.
Uber has drivers in Ocala. They drive passengers to Villages etc. If a driver is in or near The Villages and sees someone in need of a ride (on the app or web), I am sure they will gladly pick the passenger up (more business for the driver).

I have written to Uber asking them to consider a need in The Villages. I am sure if more people make the same request, we will be heard.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
www dot uber dot com
Thanks Dan. I logged into Uber to play around with the system.
But it requires credit card information including the number on the back of the Visa card.
I think I'll wait to experiment until they're up and running in The Villages.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:55 PM
Gold member

We headed to Orlando on Wed to run some errands and as we left the bubble on 466A approaching 301, we passed an "Uber" vehicle with a camera on top. Made us think of the Google Earth cars we have seen which take photos for the Google earth app.

Maybe they are doing the prep work for putting The Villages into their system.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
We headed to Orlando on Wed to run some errands and as we left the bubble on 466A approaching 301, we passed an "Uber" vehicle with a camera on top. Made us think of the Google Earth cars we have seen which take photos for the Google earth app.

Maybe they are doing the prep work for putting The Villages into their system.
That's very exciting. I hope they really are "scoping out" The Villages!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Closed Thread

Tags
uber, experiences, drivers, villages, based

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.