Unethical Classified Buyer

Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2014, 02:07 PM
Default Give the Seller a Break

I recently listed 4 pictures for sale, and rec'd 2 - 3 private messages from a person who was interested in buying them. Their last PM was that they would think about it. On Thursday, my phone rang, & it was someone interested in buying my pictures. We set up a time, I gave directions to my house, & they showed up an hour later & purchased 3 of them. They only gave me their first names & it wasn't until they arrived that I asked him if he had PM me. He said he wasn't sure, but might have. I don't believe he was the same person who private messaged me, and I feel that you can often get inquiries via phone, email, or PM about your items for sale, and not really know who is going to show up at your door first to purchase them. People are reluctant to give their full names, and the seller may have thought he was talking to the same person when he wasn't.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:59 AM
Default Items for sale

Are there really 1196 items for sale? It has been my experience that the sold items are never removed from the site.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl boomer View Post
I recently listed 4 pictures for sale, and rec'd 2 - 3 private messages from a person who was interested in buying them. Their last PM was that they would think about it. On Thursday, my phone rang, & it was someone interested in buying my pictures. We set up a time, I gave directions to my house, & they showed up an hour later & purchased 3 of them. They only gave me their first names & it wasn't until they arrived that I asked him if he had PM me. He said he wasn't sure, but might have. I don't believe he was the same person who private messaged me, and I feel that you can often get inquiries via phone, email, or PM about your items for sale, and not really know who is going to show up at your door first to purchase them. People are reluctant to give their full names, and the seller may have thought he was talking to the same person when he wasn't.
You are no longer supposed to put contact info in your ads. If someone wants to contact you by PM, let them know that if they want to buy, they should go back to the ad and click Buy Now. That takes it off of the market.

This is not supposed to be a similar process as the "old days".
Old 08-31-2014, 11:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyseitz View Post
Are there really 1196 items for sale? It has been my experience that the sold items are never removed from the site.
Now that software controls the process, Sold items are either marked sold or come completely off the site. What I do not now know is whether items "for sale" expire and are removed after 30 days as they used to be.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:14 PM

Here is the problem I now have with buying items on Panjo and clicking the Buy Now button. Many of the ads do not have enough details like age of item, condition, size, etc. so I liked the fact that in the past I and others could further post questions and qualify the items before buying - I don't see a narrative anymore. With Panjo I still want to be able to contact the seller, see the item, and then buy it so I like to see contact info. Oh another thing about Panjo...the ad does not show the date it was listed so it is hard to determine how old the ad is when browsing to buy.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
Here is the problem I now have with buying items on Panjo and clicking the Buy Now button. Many of the ads do not have enough details like age of item, condition, size, etc. so I liked the fact that in the past I and others could further post questions and qualify the items before buying - I don't see a narrative anymore. With Panjo I still want to be able to contact the seller, see the item, and then buy it so I like to see contact info. Oh another thing about Panjo...the ad does not show the date it was listed so it is hard to determine how old the ad is when browsing to buy.
There is a button to push on the ad to send the seller a message.

Showing the date is a good idea!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.