Unhappy Villagers

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2015, 08:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Unhappy Villagers

Based on TOTV and the online news comments/letters, there seem to be a lot of unhappy TVers. Could it be disillusionment in the reality of living here versus the vacation lifestyle visit that sold them on TV? Could it be TV changing from the "friendliest village" to just another overcrowded municipal area with a lot of stressed out people competing for limited resources? Or maybe, it has to do with world politics and global unrest. It's just a sense I have. I'm not sure it even exists. Just wondering if others sense this undercurrent of discontent.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts

My wife has been here since 3/1/15, THE DAY AFTER SHE RETIRED!! I got here in mid May, after the KC home sold. I've groused about stuff on here, mainly divots, ball marks and people who complain incessantly about tight lies, but we absolutely love it here. The only thing I truly dislike here is the rotator cuff surgery I had to have 5 weeks after I got here and not being able to play golf until December.

I really can't fathom as to why a person would not be happy here. Is it perfect? Nah, but it's pretty close.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:06 AM

It is becoming overcrowded with all this building continuing! The dining n shopping places are impossible due to crowds!
Old 08-03-2015, 08:10 AM

I have lived in the Villages for 6 years and watched it grow. We had nice friendly people living here. As the Villages has grown, the so has attitudes of the people. This is no longer the Friendliess Hometown place to live but just another town where everyone does for themselves. I see the same rudeness and yelling and bickering over the most ridiculous things because retirees think they have or expect a sense of entitlement for living in the Villages. This is not Park Avenue. There are people that live in trailers home to premier homes. They just like to put on the pretense of that because they are a Villager and put on the airs in public and be snobby and it is distasteful. I as a Villager I see this all the time. Come on people, were is your sense of decentcy & respect for others.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:42 AM

I agree with angiefox! We've lived here 7.5 years & moving here was the best decision of our lives! There will always be issues & problems, no matter in which community you reside, but looking back on all our previous residences, The Villages comes as close to our ideal as is possible in an imperfect world. Also, Angie just so happens to be one of the many wonderful new friends I've made since moving here! ;-) Ang! LOL!
Old 08-03-2015, 10:36 AM

That is great to be so optimistic. When I drive and walk around glancing & observing people I do not see anyone smiling or waving @ each other unless they are in their on group's. That use to be once upon a time here. Everyone is always in a rush and pushy. Just like every big city. The Villages is no longer different. Wake up.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:23 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Rhino Send a message via AIM to Rhino

I am a second generation Villager and I love it as much as my Mom and Dad did. So glad that my parents found this place.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:48 AM

I hate to be viewed as negative, but my answer to your questions would be - no.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:52 AM
Location: Indianapolis, Ft Worth, Naperville, Zionsville, Avon

We have been here 15 months and love it. Miss the grandkids but visit often
Old 07-29-2015, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Based on TOTV and the online news comments/letters, there seem to be a lot of unhappy TVers. Could it be disillusionment in the reality of living here versus the vacation lifestyle visit that sold them on TV? Could it be TV changing from the "friendliest village" to just another overcrowded municipal area with a lot of stressed out people competing for limited resources? Or maybe, it has to do with world politics and global unrest. It's just a sense I have. I'm not sure it even exists. Just wondering if others sense this undercurrent of discontent.
Based on the sampling base of TOTVers and online news comments I can see what you are noticing. But my take is that the negativity is from a small proportion of malcontents on a repetitious basis, and that most prople here are as happy as they ever have been.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
For every one person that I have met who said that they were un happy here, I have met hundreds who wish they had moved here earlier in life.
Unhappiness , in my view, is usually a state of mind not a place.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:03 AM
Sage

Those alleged unhappy villagers are not villagers at all, but online planted imposters from other jealous communities. Anyone need only be here to see that it is actually utopia! My arm is tired from waving at all the smiling villagers.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I only find people that are unhappy here are usually just unhappy. I find many people who are ecstatic to be here and love every day that they wake up to enjoy whatever they choose to do
Old 07-29-2015, 09:08 AM
Sage

It's the squeaky wheel that gets greased. In the villages the other wheels don't hear very well.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:11 AM

15 years and still loving it!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
lot, sense, unhappy, politics, world, people, resources, limited, competing, global, wondering, discontent, undercurrent, exists, unrest, village, tvers, disillusionment, living, reality, comments/letters, based, villagers, totv, online

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.