USPS is not accomplishing their job in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2016, 08:44 PM

My recent experience at the Wildwood post office:
Paid $22.95 for Priority Express Mail flat fate envelope. Mailed to KY. Was told they do not do next day to that part of the country. It was guaranteed two days by 3 PM. Didn't seem right to me as I have used this before with next day delivery. I asked if it was because of the time of day, he said no.

I agree Priority Mail is a waste of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Actually what he missed was that Priority Mail does not have a guaranteed delivery date or time, it's simply glorified First Class Mail to get the customer to spend more money, which starts at $6.45. They do provide free boxes and you write directly on the boxes or you can use your own preprinted labels.

The Villages Florida

Instead he should of used Priority Express Mail, which is priced from $22.95 and he would of filled out a bill of landing and it is guranteed delivery by 10:30 the next day or your money back.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

Had he sent the packages Priority Express Mail, they would not have delivered them with the regular mail at his mail stop, but a separate truck would of delivered to his home and requested a signature, unless he had waived the signature. Since he was at his mail stop waiting at 10:30, the delivery to his home would of gone undelivered and he would of lost his guaranteed refund.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:04 AM
Sage

We always work something out with our neighbors picking up our mail when we're gone (we'll do the same for them). My only issue (and I don't think it's our neighborhood mailbox people here) is we can mail a card or letter to our kids in the midwest (or vice versa). It can take 2 days......or 10....NOT sure what happens in between. I know that mail gets picked up at post offices then goes to some central sorting place that trucks the mail to the destination. We always tell the recipients that something is "in the mail" and "IF" they don't receive it after (fill in the blank) that they should let us know.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:14 AM
Default Usps

You do realize our mail is delivered privately, after it is sorted at Lady Lake PO, and given to the private provider for each postal station. Have lived in 2 villages, here, and at each the person handling the mail does a great job, after they are released from the Lady Lake PO. They can not drive to your postal station until the Postmaster in Lady Lake tells them they can go. Our packages are delivered to our door by the person throwing the mail in the postal station after she finishes, she delivers packages door to door. Sometimes they can not leave Lady Lake until 1 or 2 pm!!
Old 06-28-2016, 08:22 AM

We have all been brainwashed so much by the post office that we accept things as the norm....remember when, for the price of a stamp, the post office would actually deliver to your house!!!
Old 06-28-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Buckeyes View Post
We have all been brainwashed so much by the post office that we accept things as the norm....remember when, for the price of a stamp, the post office would actually deliver to your house!!!
Delivering to a common mailbox areas was an efficiency choice the Villages made. Mail is delivered directly to my street-side mailbox in Missouri. My brother-in-law and nephew in Colorado deliver mail on foot to door-side mailboxes six days a week. It's not unusual for them to work 10 hours or more per day.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phairmason View Post
Delivering to a common mailbox areas was an efficiency choice the Villages made. Mail is delivered directly to my street-side mailbox in Missouri. My brother-in-law and nephew in Colorado deliver mail on foot to door-side mailboxes six days a week. It's not unusual for them to work 10 hours or more per day.
Are you sure it was a choice made by The Villages or, a mandate by the post office?
Old 06-28-2016, 09:29 AM
Sage
Default USPS is not accomplishing their job in The Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Buckeyes View Post
Are you sure it was a choice made by The Villages or, a mandate by the post office?

I believe this is a USPS policy. To the extent possible, mailboxes are now clustered in urban and suburban locations. In Las Vegas, clusters typically consist of 8 mailboxes with 2 package boxes in areas where new homes are being developed.

I suspect the postal stations in TV were requested to provide efficient service and not have numerous box clusters on every street.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2016, 06:05 PM
Veteran member

When the system works, it's great. When it doesn't, it's frustrating.

I had 3 packages scheduled for delivery today. Checked a little after 2, they hadn't finished putting out the packages. No problem, said I'm come back later. Checked later, all 3 showing DELIVERED PARCEL LOCKER. Great!

Went to my mailbox...no key there for a parcel locker!

So with Sunday and the Monday holiday, it will be at least Tuesday before I get my hands on these packages.

I'm just glad it wasn't something critical...which of course I'd never use the USPS for!
Old 07-02-2016, 07:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
When the system works, it's great. When it doesn't, it's frustrating.

I had 3 packages scheduled for delivery today. Checked a little after 2, they hadn't finished putting out the packages. No problem, said I'm come back later. Checked later, all 3 showing DELIVERED PARCEL LOCKER. Great!

Went to my mailbox...no key there for a parcel locker!

So with Sunday and the Monday holiday, it will be at least Tuesday before I get my hands on these packages.

I'm just glad it wasn't something critical...which of course I'd never use the USPS for!

This has happened several times too often . The system is flawed.
Closed Thread

Tags
mail, yesterday, usps, villages, center

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.