USPS is not accomplishing their job in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2016, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
Almost all my packages from Amazon start out with UPS and get shifted to USPS. Don't know why but it is what it is
Ups has a service called Surepost and is only available to shippers by which UPS will pick up the packages from the shipper and take them to the post office that takes care of that address and then the post office delivers the package. It is a cost benefit to the shipper.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
my normal mail carrier told me that UPS bought out most of the parcel post business with usps and that is why usps is focusing on the faster, and somewhat smaller white boxes. ups passes most ground local deliver to usps for residential deliveries since usps goes by most residences in the normal day. that is also why you will sometimes get a sunday delivery fro usps passed from amazon and ups.
First of all your normal mail carrier does not know what he or she is talking about and told you a big fat lie. Ups did not buy anything regarding the post office.
Secondly, UPS offers complete delivery coverage to every address in the U.S. on a daily basis.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Send boxes fedex, it comes to your door, not switched over to the post
FedEx does switch packages to the post office for delivery. It is called Smartpost and available to their shippers just as Surepost is available to UPS shippers.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I cringe every time USPS ships. Tracking is awful and delivered rarely on time. This problem is not limited to The Villages.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:07 AM
Sage

I have had many problems with usps. I.e...Tracking shows i received an important envelope when in fact it was not yet put in my box! Both the main post office and the villages substation could not give me an answer. Two days later I find it in my box, after it caused me incredible headaches.

I also feel it's a violation of my rights that I have to empty my mailbox of junkmail. Why can't we put ourselves on a "No Junk Mail List." Because of lobbies? Because the usps does not want to lose more money? Realistically usps needs to stop junk mail on request, cut back regular mail delivery to mon, wed, friday. AND greatly reduce its workforce through attrition. Usps is a dinosaur.

I have met my carrier and I would love to know competitive civil service exam was passed by this person. I have often also received other people's mail in my box which was clearly marked with another person's address.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

Last edited by Allegiance; 06-19-2016 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
I have met my carrier and I would love to know competitive civil service exam was passed by this person. I have often also received other people's mail in my box which was clearly marked with another person's address.
I believe all of the mail postal stops within TV are operated on a contract, they probably never have to take the civil service exam as independent contractors.
Old 06-19-2016, 11:22 AM

The USPS is a mess anywhere. Seems like this parcel of union workers could care less......you can't get them fired, they want to be paid and not do their job. That said, we have one lady up north that is punctual and gets our mail to us. She is a real sweetheart and we DO NOT forget her at Christmas time with a little gift She earns her keep. Her substitute goes literally speeding by house and we have received mail as late as 740PM...I did say PM. What a nightmare we had to hold mail and forward mail from north down here in the past but enough of my rants. I would fire the lot of them, disband them and have them apply all over again to a privatized outfit
Old 06-19-2016, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
I have had many problems with usps. I.e...Tracking shows i received an important envelope when in fact it was not yet put in my box! Both the main post office and the villages substation could not give me an answer. Two days later I find it in my box, after it caused me incredible headaches.

I also feel it's a violation of my rights that I have to empty my mailbox of junkmail. Why can't we put ourselves on a "No Junk Mail List." Because of lobbies? Because the usps does not want to lose more money? Realistically usps needs to stop junk mail on request, cut back regular mail delivery to mon, wed, friday. AND greatly reduce its workforce through attrition. Usps is a dinosaur.

What rights are being violated?
Old 06-19-2016, 12:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

I've not had any problems with mail delivery whatsoever. Including the convenience of printing postage at home, along with having Priority mail picked up at my front door for delivery. The few times I've had mail held I made the request online, without a hitch.
Old 06-19-2016, 12:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What rights are being violated?
My rights to not have my mailbox full of junk mail because of some lobbies! !! I don't need car dealer, or cable / satellite companies bombarding my little mailbox. Donotcall.gov should add donotjunkmailme!

Old 06-19-2016, 12:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
My rights to not have my mailbox full of junk mail because of some lobbies! !! I don't need car dealer, or cable / satellite companies bombarding my little mailbox. Donotcall.gov should add donotjunkmailme!

United States Bill of Rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 06-19-2016, 12:12 PM
Sage

All in all I have been very satisfied with the independent contractors who deliver our mail. It's a family - husband, wife & occasionally their niece. Whenever I get a text or email from the USPS and UPS that a delivery has been made, it is there in a box at the postal station, or at my front door. Nice people and great service.

I'm interested in the comment about a civil service exam. What does that have to do with proper mail delivery?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2016, 12:15 PM
Sage

Last edited by Allegiance; 06-19-2016 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-19-2016, 12:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:

If only they could invent trash cans. Oh wait...
Old 06-19-2016, 12:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
If only they could invent trash cans. Oh wait...

And recycle bins!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tags
mail, yesterday, usps, villages, center

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.